Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't Waste Your Money on this one

2»

Comments

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

Originally posted by AzRaell33

Originally posted by Jackdog

The western gamers are going to eat this one up, maybe the eastern gamers also, but the western ones for sure. I would bet they break 1 million subs by May of next year if they release in Feb. Maybe sooner than that if they do a couple of open beta stress test like WoW did. I am just going by what they showed publicly at E3 and PAX this year. If the monster play turns out to be as good as the PvM they have shown already, the sky will the limit.

Like DDO?

HAHAHA, sounds like when someone was pointing the "fanboi" finger he had four pointing back at himself!

And I had hoped Turdbine [love it] goes under, but M$ still keeps trying to break into the MMO market and for some stupid reason keeps pinning their hopes on Turdbine... I just hope they don't wise up and start buying small gaming companies that are out only hope for real innovation and deep gameplay..

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Like DDO?

No like LoTRO. Is that your problem? Arer you a dissapointed DDO fanbois? Should have listened to the old Jackdog then. I called that one as a POS a year before they released it.

It must suck to see them trash DDO like they did , however even a blind hog should have seen that coming. The magic od D&D lies in the dungeon master. No company could have captured that. 

For the previous poster exactly what does M$ as you put it have to do with LoTRO, last I heard they had dumped Vanguard into SOE's lap like a steaming heap of dung. I was not aware they had anything to do with LoTRO and a Google search did not turn anything up.

Sorry about DDO kiddies but it sucked just as bad as I knew it would. As far as LoTRO goes I do not expect anything Earth shattering, but from all indications it will be a WoW clone with MvP set in Middle Earth. However that is not entirely a bad thing for Turbine, I imagine they will be laughing all the way to the bank wearing  hats made from 100 dollar bills. If Turbine was going to flop it would have been with DDO's release. This time they got a sure fire money maker on their hands.

I miss DAoC

• AzRaell33AzRaell33 Member Posts: 155

Originally posted by Jackdog

The western gamers are going to eat this one up, maybe the eastern gamers also, but the western ones for sure. I would bet they break 1 million subs by May of next year if they release in Feb. Maybe sooner than that if they do a couple of open beta stress test like WoW did. I am just going by what they showed publicly at E3 and PAX this year. If the monster play turns out to be as good as the PvM they have shown already, the sky will the limit.

Like DDO?

No like LoTRO. Is that your problem? Arer you a dissapointed DDO fanbois? Should have listened to the old Jackdog then. I called that one as a POS a year before they released it.
    It must suck to see them trash DDO like they did , however even a blind hog should have seen that coming. The magic od D&D lies in the dungeon master. No company could have captured that. 

A DDO fanbois?  Have you slipped your gears?  I think turdbine sucks and everything they  get there hands on turns to crap

You say that LoTRO is going to break over 1 million subs in the first three months of release and the skys the limit. Whos the fanbois? 

I say LoTRO is taking the same road DDO is on, straight to the crapper. 

BTW I did a search and you never posted on DDO forums here.  All your post are on DnL, and a couple on LoTRO.  I was one of the DDO bashers before release and I knew most of the people that shared my views of the game.  So unless you have more than on account on here you are a liar.  You are a liar anyways because you said I should have listened to old Jackdog when old Jackdog never posted on the DDO forums. 

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Oh gee dude I forgot these are the only forum there are .

Read a couple of your posts on the DDO forums. What happened to cause so much hate? Did one of the Turbine devs run off with your wife or knock up your daughter? Maybe you applied for a job and they turned you down? Whatever it is, you got issues man, serious ones. Anyone who hates some company as bad as you seem to hate Turbine needs to take a step back and take a couple of deep breaths. I have been there myself with that POS DnL. They are only games you know, so get a grip. If the game sucks it will fail, simple as that. If it is good it will prosper.

I had serious issues with DnL and Farlan, trust me on this you are wasting time that can be spent doing something enjoyable.  Nothing you can say or do will make a darn bit of difference. You said you read some of my old posts. Did anything I posted make a darn bit of difference with DnL. People gonna buy what they  belive in. Hate to break it to ya but they don't give a rat's rear about any of your warnings, even if you are right. There is another game in development that I am beta testing, and it has serious problems but I won't waste my time trying to warn it's fans. I know from experiance all I would be doing is wasting my time, time that I could be using more productivly

I see where this is heading so this will be my last reply to your posts. If you want to spend your time trying to warn people of the evil Turbine Devs, knock yourself out. Enjoy your hate. Bon appetite. If this is just a game ( the hate posts) then that is fine also. It's free and good entertainment. It got to the point where for me DnL bashing was more fun than playing a game. But that  was then, this is now. So excuse me but I have better games to play than forum warrior right now.

I miss DAoC

• bhwamabhwama Member Posts: 26

Bahut wrote: "Don't Waste Your Money on this one."

I don't see how anyone could make a statement like that about a game that will not be released until four plus  months from now.

LotR doesn't look any better or worse than other games out now or in development. If LotR copies WoW that is not a bad thing in my book ( just so LotR doesn't copy WoW's second job type horrid endgame).

I have questions about LotR but the faq at Turbine doesn't answer them yet. Other games in development are not giving out much information either. I  like the idea of a game set in Middle Earth,  so if LotR is fun rather than a chore or second job I will be there on launch day. I get a good idea of if I will buy a game or not from what beta testers and reviewers say - but they are not  talking  yet.

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717
    all i can say is, if you don't care for it, then screw it, fine, you don't have to like it.
    so why do you even bother to post? to get your rating up? geez.

imageimage

• SeggallionSeggallion Member UncommonPosts: 684
    I gonna try it for sure. I don't have any high expectation because I hasn't follow it close.
    But i think it is silly to spit out a bunch of bullshit when you don't have played the game

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

I haven't heard them talk about it, but having a roleplaying enforced server doesn't sound like a bad idea.

• bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410

Originally posted by Bahut

That is if it ever does get released.
    If you're a rabid LOTR fan you might like it.  Most of the asswipes on the forums appear to be so.  They quote from the books anytime someone posts suggestions of what they like to see and shoot them down because it doesn't fit lore.
    Its unfortunate because if developers listen to these imbeciles they'll be digging themselves an early grave.  This game doesn't compare to World of Warcraft, I'd venture to say early WOW beta looked better and had more content then this and they're already talking about open beta.  Although it makes a feeble attempt to, even copying directly from WOW from what I'm told.
    The so called Monster Play is in theory only.  It isn't even in testing phase yet.  So don't get your hopes up, and for them to say the game will have pvp is a weak attempt to lure pvp minded people.  The game won't have it.
    It appears to have attracted a large quantity of former SWG players, another soon to be dead game.  Eventually this game will be released with little fanfare and fade to obscurity quite fast along with memorable Shadowbane.

Thanks for the heads up.
This discussion has been closed.