Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In a word... BRUTAL.

TheWildOneTheWildOne Member Posts: 7

I am not one to mince words, and I really have to be blunt with this one. In fact, this game made me get an account here on mmorpg.com just to make sure people don;t get stuck with this horrid... thing.

This is what I posted on their site, as I cannot believe this game was actually released. I mean I have seen ALPHA games better than this.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just can't seem to p
ut my finger on it ri
ght away, but some
thing just is not righ
t with this game.

I mean seriously, npc_citizen_a is the best we could do, while building my bench_workbench_a? Hopefully some cash has rolled in, perhaps buying a copy of Microsoft Word would be a good start? I am sorry, I hate to rip the game, I love the concept, but OMG seriously, that kind of stuff is just... just... ghetto. Maybe in the UK that's acceptable??? AT RELEASE?

Gave it an honest shot. I won't even bother with everything else that just screams ALPHA, much less beta.

Maybe try back in a year or 3?

Just my opinion. Mayb
e my standards are to
o high? *shrug*

Jana

Comments

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    HEY LOOK! ANOTHER GUY THAT HASN'T READ THE 50 THREADS THAT SAYS THIS GAME SUCKS!!!!!
  • TheWildOneTheWildOne Member Posts: 7

No, I read them, and it still sucks. GUY??

Jana

so, because it sucks we have to post about it more and more? <_< and it seems like you conviently didn't post your thread to your responses in your RV thread so..

http://www.roma-victor.com/community/bb/viewtopic.php?t=16863

• MeonMeon Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by TheWildOne
    No, I read them, and it still sucks. GUY??

Jana

everyone has their own opinion.
    I would respect yours if you actually phrased it well.

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276

Yes what the OP say is true to a point.
    The game FAR from sucks. Yes some NPC's are named weird and items are named weird like "handle_a". But if you look past those minor problems this game is really fun.

It has the best crafting system Ive ever seen in an MMO, Ive played UO, DAoC, WoW, EQ, Horizons, SWG and many others, RV tops all of those in crafting. Name another game where you build a town from scratch? I mean you build it brick by brick.

Now besides the crafting you have tons of other stuff, you have a HUGE world to explore, they are adding lots and lots more, its based on REAL world at the time so all the hills are just how they were the rivers etc. Also you have resource control, you have land owernership etc.

PvP is really nice (abit the game still has lots of bugs) because of the way the stats and skills work. You have hit locations that relate to stats. So there is no "ub3r" stat spread for a warrior or anyone really. Because this game is OPEN pvp. Yes that means anywhere anytime you can beat on someone and they could get hurt or even die. You have right now random loot drop (even equiped items). Later on after they add in a few more things to not hurt so bad (more storages, handcrafts, more types of housing etc..) they are going to have FULL loot drop. That means when you die you drop everything you have on you Inventory and Equipped.

Now dont get me wrong there are some bugs, however, they have been pretty open with them and they know some are there and some they dont and they are working on fixing them as fast as they can. But granted it a small Dev team. One thing I love about it is that they post on the forums all the time and they PLAY the game as gods (not a lot but they do log in and do godly stuff like handle some new things like giving out skills that havnt been in the game yet for the players to spread)
    This Dev team has said they are not going to cave into the WOW mindset where they make a game thats GOOD for the many, but not GREAT for the few. If you love crafting and open PVP this game is going to be GREAT. Unlike WOW will have tons and tons of people playing a GOOD wellmade bug free game. But it doesnt have everything people want its just OK is a lot of areas but not great. The PVP to me is just bearly OK and almost sucks in WOW. Crafting is WOW is bearly OK and almost sucks. The raids in WoW are good but thats it.

So if you feel like you can get past a few naming issues and other bugs, you might want to try this. But dont think the devs are done fixing the game or anything. Also if you buy the game, there is NO monthly charge, you buy the game you own it forever. So if you dont like it with the bugs it has, try back in a few months and see if you like it then.

-MrDDT

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      Stop making excuses. This is the first game in a while where fanbois use the cons of the game as an excuse for how bad it is.  Small dev team is a bad thing, it isn't an excuse for releasing an alpha version of a game. No monthly fee is not an excuse for lots of bugs and iiregularities also.  If a company charges for the box it better be ready for the box.  Packaging alpha versions as release is unethical in the least. 

As fanbois like to point out, mmorpgs are never finished. There will always be some new bugs appearing with every new addition.  Sadly when you know the company can't handle current bugs, what does that say about the future of the game ? 

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
    Please do us ALL a favor and go back to playing WoW!!!    Your wood-elf misses you!

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

Originally posted by Gorukha
    Stop making excuses. This is the first game in a while where fanbois use the cons of the game as an excuse for how bad it is. Small dev team is a bad thing, it isn't an excuse for releasing an alpha version of a game. No monthly fee is not an excuse for lots of bugs and iiregularities also. If a company charges for the box it better be ready for the box. Packaging alpha versions as release is unethical in the least. As fanbois like to point out, mmorpgs are never finished. There will always be some new bugs appearing with every new addition. Sadly when you know the company can't handle current bugs, what does that say about the future of the game ?

Im not really making it an excuse Im saying the pros of a small dev team and the negitives of one.

Pros:
    They listen more to what the playerbase have to say.
    They get more envoled with the playerbase.
    They dont cave under "we as much money as we can get".

Cons:
    Lots of bugs.
    Slower updates.

I mean if you dont want to play dont. Plus the game was never a "box" its not released in stores, its only able for download. So there is no "packaging" Im just pointing that out. Yes the game is sorta like a beta game thats been released early, without a doubt. However, if you can get buy the minor naming issues and stuff like people and I have pointed out, you will see a depth in this game that you cant find in other MMO's.

Ive reported bugs in WOW when I was in beta and they are STILL not fixed. So please get off your high horse, name an MMO thats come out bug free? Ya I didnt think so.

Small Dev teams have their problems, just like large ones do. It just depends on what you are looking for in a game. If you are looking for some realistic PVP, crafting and a great comunnity, try RV. If you are looking for the same old same old, try WOW.

-MrDDT

• SpeedMannSpeedMann Member UncommonPosts: 333

Originally posted by duncan_922
    Please do us ALL a favor and go back to playing WoW!!!    Your wood-elf misses you!

What's a wood-elf?

==================================================
    Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

• grenkalgrenkal Member Posts: 58

Yeah whatever. This is exactly the point that people are trying to make to the people who are tempted to buy this game:

This game has a more mature community: FALSE they think they are superior but  they are the same set of gankers and griefers as on other MMOs look at some threads in participants forum about "exploits" or spawn killing.

This game is just suffering from release problems: FALSE release was months ago, the content that was promised for release, no i will re-phrase that, the content that the release was posponed in order to get into the game, is still not ingame! No extra boards, no more animals. also there are major showstopping bugs, exe crashes, boarder crashes, glitches in combat, stat problems, vigor problems, you name it.

Yet fanbois are still wailing "but just look past those problems", i agree the naming of NPCs is a red herring, sure it is just a display thing, it might stop the immersion or RP but its no big deal, far from it, there are much much larger problems than naming conventions.

This forum has been pretty dead recently as has the RV forums, there are a lot of people who paid theri money and are dissatisisfied and not playing, waiting in hope of improvements, they have been waiting a long time and goodness only knows how much longer they will have to wait. I gather ingame chars are few and far between and most of the people who are playing have multiple accounts, which  makes the number of actual players even smaller.

If i was a dev id be very worried, people won't wait forever, you have already taken the cash and you need to deliver a game that is actually worth 40 bucks PDQ.

• max2008max2008 Member Posts: 91

Thats EQ not WoW.

But do you have a problem with people giving their opinon of a game which many feel is in a terrible state all round?

If you do you are the purest form of a hippocrite.I did a user forum post search on  you duncan and more then half your posts are trolling on SWG.

So do us all a favor and stop bashing people who think this game sucks because you now play it.

And yes grenkal the truth is the game is very empty even with the die hards using as much as 10 accounts its still empty.

But this same die hards are spending all their earnings into buying ingame money  no one needs because there is no market due to the extremely small actual population of the game.At least that should feed the 5 man or so team families for a bit ,once you count the $40 most of us wasted on this.

• Sir-RealSir-Real Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by grenkal This forum has been pretty dead recently as has the RV forums, there are a lot of people who paid theri money and are dissatisisfied and not playing, waiting in hope of improvements, they have been waiting a long time and goodness only knows how much longer they will have to wait. I gather ingame chars are few and far between and most of the people who are playing have multiple accounts, which  makes the number of actual players even smaller.
    I supposed you can only see Participants Discussion? Wait until you can read the baths, the sacred grove and community events. Then come back saying the forum is dead.

Originally posted by grenkal

Yeah whatever. This is exactly the point that people are trying to make to the people who are tempted to buy this game:

This game has a more mature community: FALSE they think they are superior but  they are the same set of gankers and griefers as on other MMOs look at some threads in participants forum about "exploits" or spawn killing.

This game is just suffering from release problems: FALSE release was months ago, the content that was promised for release, no i will re-phrase that, the content that the release was posponed in order to get into the game, is still not ingame! No extra boards, no more animals. also there are major showstopping bugs, exe crashes, boarder crashes, glitches in combat, stat problems, vigor problems, you name it.

Yet fanbois are still wailing "but just look past those problems", i agree the naming of NPCs is a red herring, sure it is just a display thing, it might stop the immersion or RP but its no big deal, far from it, there are much much larger problems than naming conventions.

This forum has been pretty dead recently as has the RV forums, there are a lot of people who paid theri money and are dissatisisfied and not playing, waiting in hope of improvements, they have been waiting a long time and goodness only knows how much longer they will have to wait. I gather ingame chars are few and far between and most of the people who are playing have multiple accounts, which  makes the number of actual players even smaller.

If i was a dev id be very worried, people won't wait forever, you have already taken the cash and you need to deliver a game that is actually worth 40 bucks PDQ.

Well...  I'm sorry if I insulted you....   no I'm not!

The game does have a more mature community.  It is extremely helpful and mature.  Sure there's always gankers and griefers who find their way in, but most of them get tired of it quick and go back to the instant gratification and mind-numbness of WoW...

The game IS suffering from release problems.  As much as you don't want to believe it...  As max2008 pointed, SWg is something I know plenty about.   That game has been on for more than 3 years and it's still in beta.  Practically de-constructing.  So please, spare me the details of what YOU think "release problems" are!

Originally posted by max2008

Thats EQ not WoW.

But do you have a problem with people giving their opinon of a game which many feel is in a terrible state all round?

If you do you are the purest form of a hippocrite.I did a user forum post search on  you duncan and more then half your posts are trolling on SWG.

So do us all a favor and stop bashing people who think this game sucks because you now play it.

And yes grenkal the truth is the game is very empty even with the die hards using as much as 10 accounts its still empty.

But this same die hards are spending all their earnings into buying ingame money  no one needs because there is no market due to the extremely small actual population of the game.At least that should feed the 5 man or so team families for a bit ,once you count the $40 most of us wasted on this.

Please enlighten me on how I am a hypocrite.  I played SWG since beta.  I loved it and then I hated it.  I spoke praises about it and then I bashed it.  Now I play RV and love it, so I praise it.

My problem is with the WoW kiddies that log 15 minutes into the game, burn too many neurons trying to figure out Roma-Victor...  Then come here to talk about how awful it is.  I spent YEARS playing SWG and it slowly turned to shit.  I know what I'm talking about when I talked about SWG.  Loggin for 15 minutes into Roma-Victor and then coming here to talk about it means you don't know jack about it!

edit: And I know Wood-Elves are from Everquest...  I played that game since Ruins of Kurnak.  I was making a statement.

My problem is with the WoW kiddies that log 15 minutes into the game, burn too many neurons trying to figure out Roma-Victor...  Then come here to talk about how awful it is.  I spent YEARS playing SWG and it slowly turned to shit.  I know what I'm talking about when I talked about SWG.  Loggin for 15 minutes into Roma-Victor and then coming here to talk about it means you don't know jack about it!

First of all you have zero evidence how long anyone who complains about this have and have not played.I can easily say you played SWG for instance for 15 mins and read up/followed up on veteran's complaints and decided to join the bashing of SWG.And you cannot prove or disprove this can you?yes,i know you probably a long time vet of SWG just making a point.

So to say oh you just played 15 mins and are moaning is also not right as you have no way of knowing if its been 15 mins or even before beta.

I was there in beta and tried to love it even after release.So would you now come and post i should go back to my elfie land and brand me a 15 min player?

Fact is you hate SWG yet there are well over 100k people that still love that game and you did spent a lot of time  trolling it rather then just leaving in peace and let those who enjoy it play.So why should you now have anything against people who found RV horrible now coming and complaining about it?

Sorry you are on the other side of the fence and the game you "love" is now the one under heavy fire but thats the exact way the SWG fans probably felt too,wishing you leave them in peace and go play some other game.

To  you SWG was a nightmare espically following the changes.But there are much more people still playing SWG and despite its terrible ratings and reviews it still got a better rating and review then RV.

To me you had every right to troll the SWG forums as long and as often as you did.But guess what so do all the people that have complaint about RV!

I for one

First of all...  Your figure of 100K people playing SWG is totally laughable, but that's a discussion for the SWG forums so I'll say no more on the subject. 

But I took a little time to find examples of what I'm talking about and I found this:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/91380

Look at the second post in that thread.  This jerk-off admits offhand that he hasn't played the game, yet he's still giving his "opinion" on the game.  Same goes for a lot of people here.  Take Jorev for example.  He wasn't allowed in the beta, so now he has a personal vendetta against the game and has trolled it BEFORE it was released.  This might not be your case, but I'm willing to bet the farm that there are plenty more people in these forums like these 2 examples I've given you, and people who just found it too hard for them so they come here to troll. 

I don't have a problem with people who hate the game...  Sometimes it makes me want to throw the mouse at the screen too!  I have a problem with people who don't know what they are talking about, yet they give their  opinions, loudly! 

edit:  Stupid forums never link within itself properly.  I wouldn't be surprised if it said "Powered by Lithium" somewhere!!!  image  .  The thread I speak of is on the third page and it's titled "What do you think of Roma-Victor"

Anyone that thinks the RV ISNT suffering from more then release problems really needs help. Unless you consider being release with only about 1/2 of what they said would be in release a release problem. IMHO release problems are, server crashing due to traffic, small bugs that are caused by server traffic, other bugs that couldnt have been seen until release. NONE are the problem here.

However, having said that, doesnt mean the game suck. I like the game, the game is fun to play, its just isnt finished yet or ready to be released even though it was. It is missing alot of things that should be in the game to make it run and be more fun. Combat is lacking, crafting is lacking and controling things are lacking, the GUI is really really bad. Having said that, its still the BEST crafting game out there even after its bugs. Combat is really a personal preference. It has things missing but its still a great way I think to go about it.

RV is suffering from more then just a release bug, however, when you look at how much fun it is to play and what it can/will be. Its far and away one of my favorite games. Its not just whats in the game now that makes it like that but all the plans and the things they are going to put in. Granted they have been wrong about WHEN those things have been coming in, but they HAVE been coming into the game. Some are just taking longer then others.

Dont be mistaken, I really like the game, its not a game for everyone, nor is it going to be ready enough for everyone right now. Dont expect to play this game and have it working 80%+ its not. Only about 50% of it is working correctly. You will get in the game and you will have problems, you will have problems getting into the game because Ive seen a LOT of people have that with the type of computers they have and not being upto date. You will crash, part of the servers crash, there are lots of bugs, NPC's names are ALL messed up. Combat has bugs, crafting has bugs, renting housing has bugs, there are bugs and bugs and lots of bugs. But they are fixing them slowing and trying to make it better for all. The Econ is great, crafting is great, the world size is great and getting bigger (MUCH BIGGER).
    So if you think you can get past all that and try the game for 19.99 GBP or around 40$ then come play, IF you cant, then either wait or STFU.

-MrDDT

First of all...  Your figure of 100K people playing SWG is totally laughable, but that's a discussion for the SWG forums so I'll say no more on the subject. 

Not my figures its from mmorpgchart.com who might not be totally accurate but he did do some groundwork which makes him much more credible then me or you.It actually states 170k so i guess i was wrong at 100k.

However how many actually log in is another matter but that can be said of most mmorpg.Take RV its a one time fee and lets face it the world is void of players and more empty then any other mmorpg i seen.So it maybe have sold 5k keys but the actual numbers who log in are by far lower.

HHHMMMM interesting...take a look at Kanoth's last post before he locked it

http://www.roma-victor.com/community/bb/viewtopic.php?t=16132&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Originally posted by max2008

Not my figures its from mmorpgchart.com who might not be totally accurate but he did do some groundwork which makes him much more credible then me or you.It actually states 170k so i guess i was wrong at 100k.

However how many actually log in is another matter but that can be said of most mmorpg.Take RV its a one time fee and lets face it the world is void of players and more empty then any other mmorpg i seen.So it maybe have sold 5k keys but the actual numbers who log in are by far lower.

And about all the things I said you chose to debate this point?  Weak!

I think Kanoth needs to get his crappy game reviewd at a some sleazy Tranny porn site, if he wants it to be reviewed on the same level.  At least thats what I got out of his last post there :)  I mean if this site is Car and Driver..... LOL

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

Originally posted by TheWildOne

I am not one to mince words, and I really have to be blunt with this one. In fact, this game made me get an account here on mmorpg.com just to make sure people don;t get stuck with this horrid... thing.
    This is what I posted on their site, as I cannot believe this game was actually released. I mean I have seen ALPHA games better than this.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just can't seem to p
    ut my finger on it ri
    ght away, but some
    thing just is not righ
    t with this game.

I mean seriously, npc_citizen_a is the best we could do, while building my bench_workbench_a? Hopefully some cash has rolled in, perhaps buying a copy of Microsoft Word would be a good start? I am sorry, I hate to rip the game, I love the concept, but OMG seriously, that kind of stuff is just... just... ghetto. Maybe in the UK that's acceptable??? AT RELEASE?

Gave it an honest shot. I won't even bother with everything else that just screams ALPHA, much less beta.

Maybe try back in a year or 3?

Just my opinion. Mayb
    e my standards are to
    o high? *shrug*

Jana

If that is what bugged you, it is for the best you moved on. Please leave the deeper games to the folks that like them, and enjoy being led by the hand through every quest and whoreing after loot in the pretty games.

I think Kanoth needs to get his crappy game reviewd at a some sleazy Tranny porn site, if he wants it to be reviewed on the same level.  At least thats what I got out of his last post there :)  I mean if this site is Car and Driver..... LOL
    WOW!!!   I just had a quick look at your posts.  Do you actually have something to say, or do you just troll every forum of every game?!

WOW!!!   I just had a quick look at your posts.  Do you actually have something to say, or do you just troll every forum of every game?!

Not only that but he called it Kanoth's game. He doesn't even know who the Head Dev is image

He doesn't even understand the comparison Kanoth is trying to make so clearly he plays WoW image

No dont play WoW.  Maybe I did misunderstand what the guy said, which doesnt change the fact this game is of very low quality. This is one of only 2 or 3 game specific forums I post on, well only 1 I posted on recently.  Why, because I'm dissapointed with how this game turned out since I wanted to play it.  You can fanboi this game to death for all I care , just don't try to lie to people about the state it is in.  There's always some fools who enjoy an incredibly flawed game, aka you . Don't drag others into the hell you are in please.  The more posts about how crappy this game has turned out the better.