Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good mmoRPG with pvp

ban-chanban-chan Member UncommonPosts: 25

Hey guys, I'm really looking for a game that has a good Roleplaying community but tht has pvp as well. There are a few games I allready have played that I will list here. These are what I don't want. If you knwo of any other games out there wehre the roleplaying community is great and the pvp is there as well to be had let me know.

Games I've played:

Shadowbane: Great lore, but if you come to sb to roleplay you may as well be playing something else..cause it ain't gonna happen.

World of Warcraft: Just honestly one of the most boring games I've played...roleplay or not.

EQ2: Played for all of 3 days, befroe I got sick of the barbie doll looking graphics.

CoH: Kinda boring, not really intersting to me fo rsome reason.

So if you can help me out let me know.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made - Groucho Marx

Comments

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    EVE Online IMO has the best PVP but its not for everyone. seeing as u hated all th eother options it's really the last chance.

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Or Wait for Warhammer online, they say you can level up on PVP.

DAOC is abit too old and empty to get into now.

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• FreeAvonFreeAvon Member Posts: 1
    DaoC isn't a bad choice, they even have a roleplaying cluster, although I've never tried so I cannot tell you how rigidly they adhere to it.

If you aren't deadset on roleplay, then try the Classic Cluster on DaoC.  Easier for someone new to the game to get up to speed there.

Happy Hunting.

Cuth

• PibblePibble Member Posts: 285
    Guild Wars, great MMO and great PvP.

• ban-chanban-chan Member UncommonPosts: 25
    thanks for the replies.  I've been thinking about DAoC. STill a bit confused about th egame though. Which server is the most populate and where would I find this rp cluster of folks. I just dont' want to end up getting on a deserted server and being bored out of my mind before I even get a chance to get into it.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made - Groucho Marx

• PibblePibble Member Posts: 285

Originally posted by ban-chan
    thanks for the replies.  I've been thinking about DAoC. STill a bit confused about th egame though. Which server is the most populate and where would I find this rp cluster of folks. I just dont' want to end up getting on a deserted server and being bored out of my mind before I even get a chance to get into it.

If you don't know what game to try and you don't want to wast money, try free ones, some of them are pretty allright.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

"thanks for the replies.  I've been thinking about DAoC. STill a bit confused about th egame though. Which server is the most populate and where would I find this rp cluster of folks. I just dont' want to end up getting on a deserted server and being bored out of my mind before I even get a chance to get into it."

If you go to www.camelotherald.com they have a list on the main page of the servers (shows which ones are clustered) and it shows the amount of people online.

Pretty much the rp cluster.. which I used to play is dead.

I played Nimue but its now clustered with Guinevere and Percival.

The cluster that has population and a good amount of it at that is the Classic cluster.  Those servers are Ector, Lamorak and Gareth.  Gareth was the most populated of the 3.. for rvr (their term for pvp) it wouldn't matter as the rvr zones are shared.

However, your xp zones are still unique to each server... so if you say went to find a group in an Ector zone it may be pretty empty.

As to the RP cluster... they had a large list of rules that were supposed to be enforced but never really were.  You were supposed to pretty much stay in character or be removed from the roleplay servers... that kinda thing just never happened that I saw.

I'm not an overly role-playing type person... but I usually play rp servers because I hear enough about real life.. outside of game.

So pretty much the actual population is on the classic server.  They are having an expansion again soon... but its just not an overly populated game anymore.. except for classics.

I'd try the trial before I'd buy it... If you don't like the trial you won't like the game. (and save some money)

• kanuvaskanuvas Member Posts: 41
    If you dont mind graphics as they are terrible now, Ultima Online was and remains the best pvp MMORPG on the market today. 

The only thing to say about it is it requires skill, and as a begginer it will take some getting into before you can beat someone thats good. 

The other good thing is its not all equipment based so you dont have to go on raids for months to get the stuff

• ban-chanban-chan Member UncommonPosts: 25
    I was actually looking into this the other day as well. As they are getting ready to give UO and graphical re-vamp. However, I ran into the same delima. I play Us Eastern time, and am not sure what shard I should look to goign on to.  Agian a game that has been out for that long usually worries me when trying to find people to play it with. So for this game...which shard would be the most populate, where I may have the opportunity to find a pretty decent rp guild. I appreciate the help agian guys. Just currently so tired of the games out now..they hold absolutely no weight.

Originally posted by kanuvas
    If you dont mind graphics as they are terrible now, Ultima Online was and remains the best pvp MMORPG on the market today. 

The only thing to say about it is it requires skill, and as a begginer it will take some getting into before you can beat someone thats good. 

The other good thing is its not all equipment based so you dont have to go on raids for months to get the stuff

• frostydf2frostydf2 Member Posts: 157
    I would give Guild Wars a try.  They have superb PvP in my opinion that is better than any other game out their!

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by frostydf2
    I would give Guild Wars a try.  They have superb PvP in my opinion that is better than any other game out their!
      Roll playing in guild wars is non-existant. Also, for a newcommer to the game it's very hard to get to good pvp as you need to have a certain rank to get into a group that doesn't act like a bunch of retarded monkeys. And guess what, until then you need to somehow win something like 100+ PvP battles largly with horrible groups (or if you can, groups of friends. Hard to do).

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Warhammer Online or Age of Conan may give you what you want when they come out

AoC for one already has a pretty healthy Roleplaying community, and the PvP system looks to be quite interesting.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway