Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

was there ever a red royal guard armor in game

i thought i saw a screen shot of a guy wearing a royal guard mask and chest plate. with a cool look pole arm blades on both sides, like in the com
ic "crimson empire"

Comments

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    Cant remember ever seen one, but its possible that he/she was wearing
    some crafted stuff that made him look like a crimson guard.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• BogdawsonBogdawson Member Posts: 202

Originally posted by Hauken
    Cant remember ever seen one, but its possible that he/she was wearing some crafted stuff that made him look like a crimson guard.

what about the weapon in the pic
    Bah, and they say melee weapons/profs are not star warzy and iconic.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back

no doubt that guy looks bad ass

Originally posted by Bogdawson
    Yeah, and he is dabbling in pistols too lol

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back

Yeah, and he is dabbling in pistols too lol

i was always hoping they would and some more of the dark EU stuff but they never did, they added in pre esp 4  stuff, i mean where is lando, where is dash rendar, wher is prince xisor, where is all the other stuff that in this time, expand on the crime, spice, the hutt slave trade, so much could be add into that game but isn't.
  • scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    Wasn't there 2 in the Emperors retreat?

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

Originally posted by scaramoosh
    Wasn't there 2 in the Emperors retreat?

i'm meaning a player, but yes your right 
  • kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516

To answer your question, no there wasn't Royal Guard armor for players.
    I think I remember what screenie you're thinking of (if it was an old "screenie of the day"). It was a guy in preCU red/black mando standing in front of some light grey crates and a huge white wall behind him while holding (oh god I can't remember the name anymore) a vibro axe (?).

...but anyway, if he'd been wearing a cape he definately woulda looked like a Royal Guard.

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.

Originally posted by kimosabe

To answer your question, no there wasn't Royal Guard armor for players.
    I think I remember what screenie you're thinking of (if it was an old "screenie of the day"). It was a guy in preCU red/black mando standing in front of some light grey crates and a huge white wall behind him while holding (oh god I can't remember the name anymore) a vibro axe (?).
    ...but anyway, if he'd been wearing a cape he definately woulda looked like a Royal Guard.

cool so i wasn't crazy just it was mando armor
    so how do i find that old screenie
    You'll either have to suffer through scrolling into the depths of the screeshot archives on the SWG site, or maybe try a google search.

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    The armor youre talking about is the Mandolorian Armor they added in the game with the Restus event, its factioned. Its the old armor from the Mandolorian Wars (KotOR). SoE apparently though adding armor into the game that is over a millenia old is iconic.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The armor youre talking about is the Mandolorian Armor they added in the game with the Restus event, its factioned. Its the old armor from the Mandolorian Wars (KotOR). SoE apparently though adding armor into the game that is over a millenia old is iconic.

Maybe, but I remember a screenshot from pub8 that looks almost exactly like the guy on the OP's book cover (minus the cape, of course).

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Not this?: 

I'm in the white :P

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

lol, or maybe this? image

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    Man that restuss event was sooo crap

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• CastleGoobCastleGoob Member Posts: 134

Correction. There not NGE starwarsy. And NGE starwarsy is a crazy Topsy turvy world where time line is part this, part that and apparently Jedi are everywhere. And continuity is something so boring so who needs it.

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508
    That Mando armor for the restuss event was such a stupid thing to do. "Hey we imperials want to reward you with this old nasty suit of armor that probably belongs in a museum instead of actually giving you anything "Imperial""

I would be ashamed to say I even took part in that restuss event let alone walk around wearing that armor. Thats like saying "Thanks Developers. Please give me more half arsed garbage content without really thinking about it."

Kai

• anaicanaic Member Posts: 409

i thought i saw a screen shot of a guy wearing a royal guard mask and chest plate. with a cool look pole arm blades on both sides, like in the com
    imageic "crimson empire"

There is a mod out there that can change a suit of armor into the one in the pic.
    i never played the nge i cancel because of it, i was talking about  the screen shoot pre pub 8
  • StarnickStarnick Member Posts: 140
    Since NPCs wear it (like the eggshell rebel helmet) and you saw it in a screenshot, most likely it was a user mod. Folks can switch the skins of any armour in the game to whatever they're wearing...but it'll only appear that way on their screen (but appear normal to everyone else).

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Pikemen asked for Royal Guard helmets, etc, but TH responded that implementing such would break continuity.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by IcoGames
    Pikemen asked for Royal Guard helmets, etc, but TH responded that implementing such would break continuity.
    AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHHAAHAAAAAAAA

/breathe

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

/snort

Like TH knows anything about continuity.

Speaking of which.. if they used the Royal Guard helmets AS mandolorian helmets, THEY ARE SO FREAKING WRONG. I can't even tell you how wrong that is... almost as wrong as PETA wearing dog fur.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    No, but the profession was in. Pikemen.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me