Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a new game

This isn't an attempt to start a flame war here, but i've played SWG since the first week it came out. Hell i got a brand new computer the week before release just to play the game, but as sad as that may sound i think it's even sadder that i've finally run out of amusement of any kind for the game. Can someone PLEASE give me some decent suggestions for a new MMORPG. I'm already anticipating City of Heros, but since it may never come out are there any that are playable right now?

Comments

• SumerNivekSumerNivek Member Posts: 57
    May never come out?  Where did you get that idea?  City of Heros is right on schedule to be released next month.  The Beta is going better then expected and the pre-order boxes are also out now at local retailers.  City of Heros is your best bet for a new game while you are waiting for others like WoW or Guild Wars.

Sumer Nivek

MMORPGs played: Ultima Online, World War II Online, Star Wars Galaxies...

Currently waiting for City of Heros and World of Warcraft.

Sumer Nivek

MMORPGs played: Ultima Online, World War II Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and City of Heros...

Currently waiting for World of Warcraft.

• Originally posted by DriftingAndy
    This isn't an attempt to start a flame war here, but i've played SWG since the first week it came out. Hell i got a brand new computer the week before release just to play the game, but as sad as that may sound i think it's even sadder that i've finally run out of amusement of any kind for the game. Can someone PLEASE give me some decent suggestions for a new MMORPG. I'm already anticipating City of Heros, but since it may never come out are there any that are playable right now?

CoH is on scheduale to come out.

You are getting it mixed up with UXO aka Ultima Odessy..... which has been losing some of its major game DEVs the past week.

As for SWG, you may want to check out the unofficial PvP servers, as well as join some of the many PAs (Player Associations). This can give you a whole new experience with the game.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    =========================
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

• oumarch110oumarch110 Member Posts: 38

Plenty of games out there right now. Might I recommend trying any of the numberous games right now that are offering free trials after downloading them.

Horizons - 7 day free trial
    DAOC - 7 day free trial
    SIMsOnline - 14 day free trial
    Anarchy Online - 7 day free trial
    Asherons Call 2 - dont remember length or if they even got it up yet.

Try those out, you never know. You might find one you like and want to continue.

Or, if you dont want to do that...look into the betas of all the games out there and apply. There is normally something at anytime that is in beta that you can test out. Check at this site or try www.betawatcher.com.

Cheers.

• TheThrillerTheThriller Member Posts: 186
    Wow Drifting Andy you sound exactly like me lol, i got in their the first week and after a bit of playing i stopped for say four months and my brother moved back in so he played some that time and up till now. And just now i poped in the game and other than vehicles and the such it hasnt come very far in the past year. Sure they add caves every two weeks but still...cave schmaves.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
    --Jack Handy

• TheThrillerTheThriller Member Posts: 186
    Forgot to throw this in my last post i would say go with CoH if thats your kinda funk. If not i dont know what to tell ya.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
    --Jack Handy

• MuppetHeroMuppetHero Member Posts: 208

City of Heros is more then on track. It has been said by every previewer and the CEO that game is the most stable Beta they have ever played. The CEO said in an interview that the game is Content ready and now they are just doing streess testing. I for one Can't wait for this game! www.coh.com

Take a look you like like what you see.  Also go get a preorder box. it gets you spot in beta (at a later date) so you can take a look at it and reserve your name!

Conservatism.
    Just old white men trying to find ways to legalize discrimination, and make the poor poorer

• JermaiJermai Member Posts: 7

hehe my list of games u should try

CoH-im getting and quiting swg for it, I just want to fly lol

this is PS2 games but try anyways

SOCOM2- the greatest first person shooter today.  btw im ranked 97 on the planet right now out of 3 mil or so who play

Resident evil-comming march 31st its online up to 8 at a time, kill zombis as a team.

Back to comps

good ole fashioned Warcraft3

if u wanna cheat Diablo2

UO is fun until u see all of it (as I have)

cant really help anymore just some suggestions, im a concole guy mainly socom is my addiction.