Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't enter Granville, any suggestions?

Blue3000Blue3000 Member Posts: 238

I've written in the games forums as well as sent letters to support about a problem I'll describe below. Maybe I can get some help in this forum before my time runs out in game.

I played CoH a while back. I was also in CoV beta and began playing when it finally went live.  I had a MM which I leveled to 40 which at the time was the max level.  But once I hit 40 I found myself bored with not much to do but the same old missions so I left.

At the begining of this month I got my old account active again. I figured I'd go check out the new things they've added and I have 10 new levels to do so I know I wouldn't be bored.  I went in the game and everything seem to be fine until I tried to enter Grandville.  The game would begin to download as I entered but then would freeze and I'd have to turn off my computer manually.  No matter how many times I tried I couldn't get into Grandville.

I deleted the entire game from my computer and re-installed it. I was able to get into Grandville but the entire color of the game was haywired.  I couldn't see where I was going as these wild colors kept blocking my view.  I tried to minimize my game settings but that only made it worse. I left grandville and everything was fine again. I can go anywhere and the game is fine until I hit Grandville.

But now, sometimes I can't log on the game at all.  It freezes and I have to leave. I know it's because of the Grandville thing.  The thing is I have to enter this place as I'm a level 40 and all the missions are in this place.

I haven't gotten any help from support although I've sent them many letters. (This is not surprising to me as most games support sucks) and my time is passing by with me not being able to play. A waste of money since I can't do anything and the month cancels out soon.

Anyone knows why this is happening?  Can it have something to do with the drivers or cards and how can I solve this problem? The problem is only in Grandville, everything and every place else is fine.

Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• GraugGraug Member Posts: 25
    Well i know when they added that patch into game grandville had more detail than the other zones but i could still enter with no prob. If u have an ATI card that may be why but shouldnt be cause the physics are the same as all other zones. Try hitting verrify all files on opening screen after you double click on COH window just below the next button i have had to do this before do to a corrupt file on the Disc. Other than that i dont know what to tell you other than send an e-mail to one of the Devs throu the forums.

The Lone Brute