Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Away From the Crowds...

BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
A random memory came to me a few days ago. I was thinking about my first trip to Endor, a few months after launch. And I remember thinking, "This is so cool. There's no around for at least 10km". And later on I remember building my guild hall on Talus, as far away out of the way as possible. So, when I looked off the roof, I wouldn't see anything but hills.

I went back to the game last month... Being alone's not nearly as fun anymore.

Comments

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118
    No its not, is it...   Now you have to look far and wide to actually run into anyone. 

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    The Stand comparison was very appropriate.

There's nobody around, just empty buildings and half-empty vendors.

• Unknown888Unknown888 Member Posts: 28
    This is because there was once crowds that flooded the cities of SWG. Now, there is nobody, so it's like a ghost town and there is no crowd to get away from.

It's like as if there is only countryside now........

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Rekrul
    The Stand comparison was very appropriate.

There's nobody around, just empty buildings and half-empty vendors.

The NGE is the "Captain Tripps" of MMOs.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    yeah you're right. I remember thinking it was cool being out in the boonies on Tat and not seeing very many players around. You always knew where to find people if you wanted to, in the cities. Player cities were even busy back then. Now everything is dead. I went to Mustafar and there were 3 other players there. All 3 of them were in the facility and afk or not moving. I went to Kashyyyk and saw 4 players there but they were just standing by the big tree not moving. Then I went to Cnet, same thing, 5 players in front of starport. One changing prof, others were just standing motionless over by enterance to the city not saying anything. The game has changed, chatty days are gone and people seem unfriendly.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625

Originally posted by Unknown888
    This is because there was once crowds that flooded the cities of SWG. Now, there is nobody, so it's like a ghost town and there is no crowd to get away from.

It's like as if there is only countryside now........

Ghost towns after the gold ran out ....

I remember plunking down a house just at the edge of the build zone south of Nym's starport atop a cliff with a great view and enjoying that 'solitude' until some wonderful folks put down a house as close to me as possible, although they could have gone 100m and had the same complete privacy I'd had.

I was annoyed ... I guess if I was playing NGE I'd be happy to have the company now?

• duct_tapeduct_tape Member Posts: 34

Aye... I always was happy when I found an area not overrun by toons.  Then I just wished the power gamers would dry up and let casual gamers live in peace. 

The last time I logged in... I was astonished to see C-Net empty... Theed empty... Kash empty... Mustafar empty... Ft. Tusken empty and The Mos Eisley Cantina with a dozen peeps mostly afk.

Like all of you here I wish for the days where you could find a hundred gamers in C-Net on a Wedensday nite at midnite.

status... SWG refugee

IF YOU KEEP LOOKING AT ME YOU'LL SEE ME KILL YOU