Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion - Ban all the idiots that post, "Please tell me a list of free MMOs".

neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
The "is there a list of free MMOs" and "please pick my next MMO" threads are becoming very long in the tooth.  I suggest we ban all the idiots that ask these stupid questions.   Maybe when they sign up for an account they have to click ACCEPT that they acknowledge that they know there is a sticky that is clearly labelled "FREE MMORPG / MMOG LIST". 

I really hate to keep bitching about this but honestly for those of us that visit the site on a daily basis this really gets old (at least IMHO).

--------------------------------
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
www.michaelwhitt.com

Comments

• RedslayerRedslayer Member Posts: 108

LOL... love that... "Ban all the idiots" ... Thanks for brightning my mood haha. Seems to me there is alot of these "Idiots" all around me in RL too... Can I ban them? :P

(All of this post is meant in good humar if you are offended by it you should probably get a llife,lol)

~Redslayer-Saga of Ryzom~ Active again!
    ~Kinch/Lotu-WoW~ Retired
    True RedSlayer - Eve ~ Current Primary game

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Not so much offended as it as I much as I have made it my crusade to rid the site of such pollution. ;)

I know you really can't ban these people and most of them aren't idiots just lazy.

Pretty much just gives me something to bitch about. ;p

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• jobsjobs Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by neuronomad
    Not so much offended as it as I much as I have made it my crusade to rid the site of such pollution. ;)

I know you really can't ban these people and most of them aren't idiots just lazy.

Amazing. I gave you reason to open a whole new thread to moan. Get a life.

Originally posted by jobs

Amazing. I gave you reason to open a whole new thread to moan. Get a life.

Don't think you are that important jobs, there are many other postings just like yours that lead me to this thread.  Trust me you aren't the only one that I am directing this too.  But thanks for pointing yourself out as one of those people. ;)

www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

lol... Wow... I need sleep.

~Kinch/Lotu-WoW~ Retired

And miss all the fun Redslayer?  Please keep us company, I have to work all night. ;)

www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

lol. I didn't say I was going to sleep, Just that I need it ;)

~Kinch/Lotu-WoW~ Retired

Okay a real suggestion, not just the ban the idiots topic I said......

My real suggestion can we please have forum categories called:

"Free MMORPGs" and another one named "Pick a MMO for Me"

Of course even then most people will just ignore those and still post the same threads over and over but at least it is worth a try.

www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• saydursaydur Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Sounds like a good idea, only the list hasn't even been updated in over a year.  Some games are dead, some have gone P2P, and some like Habbo Hotel couldn't be reasonably called a "game" by anyone who has ever played an MMO.  Then they toss in Materia Magica, which is "text-based", or a MUD.  Honestly, if the criteria has fallen to that, you may as well refer these people to a few other MMO list sites, because this one has passed its time.  It's a pity, if ROSE were still free, I'd likely play it casually and be sated for a while.

I understand the rationale behind your complaint, and I even agree with the spirit of it.  Some things simply cannot be determined from a description such as community, focus of gameplay, and other difficult to measure concepts.  Asking wildly for a "good free MMO" is out of hand though, but it'd be much easier to fix with an up-to-date game list if someone particularly peeved about this situation were willing to gather a worthwhile list.

• funkeefunkee Member Posts: 4

Of course even then most people will just ignore those and still post the same threads over and over but at least it is worth a try.

image good idea! i was already lookin for a section like that to get someone to pick a new game for me 'cause i cant decide image... any free game u suggest? image mwahah

image cool off dude
  • CaniguaCanigua Member Posts: 233

Gimme a list of free mmorpg's plx

edit# AWW wrong tread,sryyy

Originally posted by funkee

image good idea! i was already lookin for a section like that to get someone to pick a new game for me 'cause i cant decide image... any free game u suggest? image mwahah

image cool off dude

I am sorry I should listen to the guy with 4 post. :p

www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com