Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Mins ago! and rateing

NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

i took this picture

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4696/serverpopgj8.jpg

server pop seems to be low but some servers seem to be on med.. hmm you think its geting people??

plus SWG is 6.3 in rateing and is in 90th place from on the mmorpg rateing system... keeps droping lol

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Comments

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by Nasedoo

i took this picture
    http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4696/serverpopgj8.jpg
    server pop seems to be low but some servers seem to be on med.. hmm you think its geting people??
    plus SWG is 6.3 in rateing and is in 90th place from on the mmorpg rateing system... keeps droping lol

yes.... old news.... light means 10 people online. medium means 20.
    they changed the rating system.

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664
    Oh, is it still 5 minutes ago? cause i just got here 

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by SmurfMagic
    Oh, is it still 5 minutes ago? cause i just got here 

yeah... ...

so they change the rateing? you sure? why did they do that?

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    I don't think they have changed it, at least not since the CU.  If they were gonna change it to make it look better, wouldn't they make it so Extremely Heavy was seen more?

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    They changed it. I just don't remember if it's 2000 or 2500 max. It used to be 3500 (I think).

• VastarVastar Member Posts: 176
    Gawd Starsider rocks It's medium.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    And that's WITH the free 21 day trial.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Its a shadow of its former self, You know being ban from the game is one thing but I can not dish out any revenge because SOE goes and punishes themsselves with the CU and NGE. 

SWG is lost - Move along , Move along.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• TaguritTagurit Member Posts: 309
    Hmmm...  I wonder if they are actually turning a profit if just subs were considered. 

I know that overall they must be with all the times they fleece people on having to buy a new set of discs to get 1 new item.

• DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143

Originally posted by Shayde

My thinking exactly. Great time for the NGEers to bust out the "look at all the new people" proof.

Only they aren't new. And they aren't paying.

Check back in 21 days and we'll see what the real line on the server load is.

Actually, the list isn't any different then it was a few weeks ago.

• Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Originally posted by Obraik

That's the point Obraik.  With all the new people back from the trial period, shouldn't those numbers be up?

But they're not.

SWG:LS  Star Wars Galaxies: Life Support.  Fork meet steak.  It's DONE

Originally posted by Darklighter1

That's the point Obraik.  With all the new people back from the trial period, shouldn't those numbers be up?

But they're not.

SWG:LS  Star Wars Galaxies: Life Support.  Fork meet steak.  It's DONE

Maybe, but it would have been false numbers :P

• StarnickStarnick Member Posts: 140

Back at launch when servers were really crowded, they told us that a live server could hold roughly 3,000 simultanously logged on players at any given time.

Anything else about how the server is rated on light/med/hvy/etc is pure rumor, and them changing it so 20 folks make a server "medium" is borderline conspiracy.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by Starnick

Back at launch when servers were really crowded, they told us that a live server could hold roughly 3,000 simultanously logged on players at any given time.
    Anything else about how the server is rated on light/med/hvy/etc is pure rumor, and them changing it so 20 folks make a server "medium" is borderline conspiracy.

20 being medium no.

100 being medium yes.

I briefly checked Bloodfin using my one account that can ( the one I reactivated to prove I wasn't account banned because I can't do the 21 day trial on any account) and I saw a population lower than I've ever seen on that server on a Saturday.

Bloodfin is always listed as medium now. 

i'll go with shayde on this one... with the new trail everyone is trying it even the vets or other people with close accounts can reopen there accounts for 21 with out trying it and test it out... and thats only with med people at most

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

I don't think they have changed it, at least not since the CU.  If they were gonna change it to make it look better, wouldn't they make it so Extremely Heavy was seen more?

Because then people would know 100% for sure it was changed.
  • BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    From what I remember from a couple weeks ago, on weekends there were about ten 'mediums' and the only 'very lights' were two Euro servers. Weekday they've got about five 'mediums' and six or seven 'very lights'.

• bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198
    As Shayde said, figures are currently artificially inflated by those trying out the 21 day trial....and probably guffawing at what they encounter in game.

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    In my opinion 90% of the DEV team has been working on a random number generator for the server status for the last 6 months. Seems they may have finally got it done, the other 10% get their ideas by playing WoW.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• ShadowLordsShadowLords Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by Tagurit
    Hmmm...  I wonder if they are actually turning a profit if just subs were considered. 

I know that overall they must be with all the times they fleece people on having to buy a new set of discs to get 1 new item.

Turning a profit? Depends on how much they are spending on server maintenence.

$OE and $LA more than made their money off of us the first two years this game was running. Someone from $OE said they more than made up all their costs for development in the first year of going live. The rest is gravy.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

All the server populations used to say medium at most times back in the day. Made me wonder if they ever changed at all, till the NGE.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AfroPuffAfroPuff Member Posts: 207
    Well at any rate, they've admitted toying with the load ratings in the past ( I wish I could remember which Red Name posted that).  Those ratings are relative, and no good indication on whether active accounts are rising or falling in general. 

SWG Team Mtg.

Originally posted by AfroPuff
    Well at any rate, they've admitted toying with the load ratings in the past ( I wish I could remember which Red Name posted that).  Those ratings are relative, and no good indication on whether active accounts are rising or falling in general. 

i think i remember something like that....not sure which red name did it also :(

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

I think this was the number/status when someone sniffed how many users were on in primetime:

Full = 3000
    Extreamly Heavy = 1500
    Very Heavy = 1200
    Heavy = 900
    Medium = 600
    Light = 300
    Very Light = 0

actually, you can read about it here: SWG server numbers

Ofcourse, this isnt possible any more, as SOE hurriedly changed how it worked after this got out, and now you can only sniff out "light, medium..etc"

imageThe last of the Trackers