Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafter revamp cancelled

Comments

• ChessackChessack Member Posts: 978

Originally posted by War_Dancer

Originally posted by Malickiebloo

Originally posted by Shayde
    Last time they cancelled a much-ballyhooed revamp was the Scout/Ranger one.. in favor of the nge.

Nope they set back the entertainer revamp as well , If I am not mistaken .

I don't think so, Entertainers had sort of been picked at over time, removed battle fatigue, new crafter buffs, etc. I think it was squad leader and ranger revamps that were trampled with the NGE.

Yes, Entertainer revamps were shelved at least once. They were shelved because some pretty awful ideas were floated and all the forum members in the dancer/musician/entertainer forums told them "no, no, for the love of Yoda no." So they shelved us.

Months later they came up with some equally stupid ideas that equally ticked off the entertainers, and Esharra, the dancer correspondent, came to us and said, "Guys, you need to understand it's this or nothing. If we complain again, they will shelve us again and my sources tell me that this will be it... they'll never look at fixing us again."

So a lot of people caved and accepted the changes which were... ta-daa! The removal of battle fatigue.

C
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Nasedoo

Originally posted by Obraik

Sorry Wildcat, have you looked at the Crafter forums?  There's no mass protest threads, most people on them are pleased they've put it off.  Please, research before you try represent a playerbase you are no longer a member of.

obraik. i dont  want to be mean or anything but... you support NGE right?? soo..... why are you in a SWF veteran refuge if you dont want pre-cu back? this is for the people who hate NGE .. not the people who love NGE.. thats on the SWG website it self...

just wondering..

"SWG Veteran Refuge
    A place for disgruntled former and current SWG players to talk about the game that was and the game that now is, as well as for newcomers who are curious about the issues surrounding the changes that this game has undergone. *Note, MMORPG.com RoC will still be enforced."

why do we want to talk about SWG NGE? thats in... General Discussion ,, this is where NGE haters talk...

thats why NGE haters was force to move to Veteran refurge.. and general discussion is for the NGE lovers..if there is any...

Lol, I'm not the one who started the thread here ;)

• Apache_Apache_ Member Posts: 168

Sorry Wildcat, have you looked at the Crafter forums?  There's no mass protest threads, most people on them are pleased they've put it off.  Please, research before you try represent a playerbase you are no longer a member of.

Lol, I'm not the one who started the thread here ;)

No sir you did not start this thread.  But there is a reason MMORPG.com seperated the NGE haters from the rest.  To prevent these kinds of confrontations.  Yet you come here, to the forum they created for us to prevent these kinds of problems.  Yet you come here of your own free will and instigate.  You know dam well how us here in the Refuge feel.

As for your comment I left above about how to look at the crafter forums, and how there is no mass protest, you are right.  There is no mass protests going on in the Crafter forums.  Although they are not called 'Crafter' forums, they are called 'Trader' forums.  And yes there are a few protests.  Nothing major.  Just some sour remarks.

However if you look in the Game Play Discussion forums, its a different story.  Ive been watching all day, and at any given time there are two or three threads protesting on the front page.  But real protests are going on in one or two threads on the Game Play Discussion forums, that I know for sure reached over 10 pages today alone.

You sir, spin as good as Smed himself.  Please dont do that here in the Refuge forums.  You have your own to do that with. 

Thank you sir, and have a nice day

• almagillalmagill Member Posts: 279

edited.

LIke it matters anymore.

So, you all sat in camps and that was fun?

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    With what Helios said about what they will and won't do, even if they ever do the revamp it's going to suck balls.  Crafters won't be crafting the best stuff?  No point to them.

He really should shut up, he proves his stupidity every time he speaks.

Another reason why I didn't want it done yet. They very much want reverse engineering loot to be a primary part of crafting.

I hate it, and don't want to see it end up in the game again.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Hauken

The title of this post is misleading.  It hasn't been cancelled, it's been delayed.
    I think the main reason for this is due to people, such as the OP, bitching on the forums that the combat classes were unbalanced with some having expertise and some being left without.  So, now Chapter 4 includes Medic, Commando and Spy, which would mean all the combat classes are done.  That then leaves them to work on the crafters and entertainers with out the pressure of the combat community protesting for the remaining expertise.
    Personally, I think Entertainers should get a revamp before we crafters do.  Entertainers haven't had appeal to all professions since the CU. 

It hasnt been canceled yet, but it will be. Helios want crafters gone period.
    They now they are out of time when it comes to finishing the expertice for all combat profs before the launch of the complete experince bullcrap in november. This will flop and game be sunset.
    Can you say pre-CU?

I heard this last year. I will hear this next year...

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

Part of this is tied to loot drops for resources. When they took out rangers/scouting they took as well as /harvest they took out a vauable part of crafting and ways to get needed resources in a reasonable time frame.

If they futher destoryed the conscept of crafting with revamp i agree if it came out half baked it would lose lots of subs left.

I think if they had gone in another direction with talents bringing back some code for /harvest or /track /scout letting the player choose all combat or not, that would have been more perfeable.

I also think when folks thought of the talent trees there would be more choices in them then just combat only.

There are certain people who would come here and say the game shutting down is a positive and doesn't mean that the NGE has failed.

Canceling the crafter revamp (which is half the game) is H U G E.  It is the beginning of the end of SWG and the NGE.  They are going to throw the last 3 combat profession expertise into the last publish the game will ever see unless classic servers come back.  That will play out over Christmas and the subs still fall.

That leads to the game closing down in 1Q 2007.

UGH, come on now. How many times every year has this been said? And when february comes and it's up?

- Scaris

• milton1970milton1970 Member Posts: 347

Well I am hardly surprised that since the vast majority of proper crafters left the game long ago, that there's no protest at this announcement on the traders forum.

The tactic was obviously-let's just drop crafting, promote looted items instead, once the majority of crafters leave or respec then we can phase out crafting and save money on coding the profession altogether.

I don't normally like to laugh at other people's incompetence but it's hilarious. They shaft everyone in pre-cu and then cu, and then make a bunch of promises that the game will be virtually finished in six months after Nov 05, then it admits that it'll take a bit longer and announces a new timetable and starts to throw pre-cu elements back into the game, and now the timetable has just been discarded again.

I do feel sorry for those who paid up to 12 months in advance although they must have their subscriptions running out soon anyway. As for the rest of you still playing, I feel a Nelson Muntz moment coming on

/point

/haha

It doesn't matter if the game gets canned, whether classic servers come back, whether swg2 comes out or not, the point is that all the NGE suckers actually still believe the BS they've been fed all this time and are still paying for it and still believing it.

• BamaDocBamaDoc Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by Fadeus

There are certain people who would come here and say the game shutting down is a positive and doesn't mean that the NGE has failed.

Canceling the crafter revamp (which is half the game) is H U G E.  It is the beginning of the end of SWG and the NGE.  They are going to throw the last 3 combat profession expertise into the last publish the game will ever see unless classic servers come back.  That will play out over Christmas and the subs still fall.

That leads to the game closing down in 1Q 2007.

UGH, come on now. How many times every year has this been said? And when february comes and it's up?

You'll still be paying to beta test SOEs products for them. Personally I cancelled my trader account 60 days ago.

I'm honestly glad you and Obraik like the game. What I don't get is if you guys enjoy SWG so much why aren't you playing? Why are you in here defending SOE and their absurd "business" practices? You almost have to have an agenda simply by your being on these boards.

Originally posted by Apache_

No sir you did not start this thread.  But there is a reason MMORPG.com seperated the NGE haters from the rest.  To prevent these kinds of confrontations.  Yet you come here, to the forum they created for us to prevent these kinds of problems.  Yet you come here of your own free will and instigate.  You know dam well how us here in the Refuge feel.
    As for your comment I left above about how to look at the crafter forums, and how there is no mass protest, you are right.  There is no mass protests going on in the Crafter forums.  Although they are not called 'Crafter' forums, they are called 'Trader' forums.  And yes there are a few protests.  Nothing major.  Just some sour remarks.
    However if you look in the Game Play Discussion forums, its a different story.  Ive been watching all day, and at any given time there are two or three threads protesting on the front page.  But real protests are going on in one or two threads on the Game Play Discussion forums, that I know for sure reached over 10 pages today alone.
    You sir, spin as good as Smed himself.  Please dont do that here in the Refuge forums.  You have your own to do that with. 
    Thank you sir, and have a nice day

I suggest you read the description I posted above for this forum.  Notice how it says for former AND current players.

What's more important, the Game Play forum, or the specific profession forums?  I always go to the profession forums when I want to get a feel of a professions response.

• Concord7Concord7 Member Posts: 125

I suggest you read the description I posted above for this forum.  Notice how it says for former AND current players.
    What's more important, the Game Play forum, or the specific profession forums?  I always go to the profession forums when I want to get a feel of a professions response.

I suggest you read the description of this forum notice how it says "A place for disgruntled former and current SWG players ..."

Are you disgruntled? If not you should not be here.

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Let's face it, based on what DA Heliass has said, cafting is not long for this game. They've increased the loot-drop items, added non-crafted armor & weps, canceled the crafter evamp, and then come out and said crafters will NOT be involved in crafting any needed items looters need in the future, taking them completely out of the social loop. This is a sign that one of these things will happen:

1. The game will be shutting down, so there's no reason to do it.
    2. Crafting will for all practical purposes be removed, by being left alone while more non-crafted items are added.
    3. Crafting will be turned into a nerfed secondary system, with all main items being looted or rewarded.

These are the only options after what Heliass has said. Crafters, look at the facts. Nothing has been fixed or added, and they keep adding Looted/Rewarded main items. Weaponsmith is already dead, and with the increase of reward Armor, Armorsmith is next. They have two choices: Work hard to rebuild the Crafting system, or easily kill it. What do you think they will do?

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

Originally posted by Concord7

I suggest you read the description of this forum notice how it says "A place for disgruntled former and current SWG players ..."

I'm disgruntled about what some people have posted ;)

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

Originally posted by Concord7

I'm disgruntled about what some people have posted ;)

Isnt it best to post about that in the current forum?

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

Originally posted by MX13

Let's face it, based on what DA Heliass has said, cafting is not long for this game. They've increased the loot-drop items, added non-crafted armor & weps, canceled the crafter evamp, and then come out and said crafters will NOT be involved in crafting any needed items looters need in the future, taking them completely out of the social loop. This is a sign that one of these things will happen:

The game will be shutting down, so there's no reason to do it.
    Crafting will for all practical purposes be removed, by being left alone while more non-crafted items are added.
    Crafting will be turned into a nerfed secondary system, with all main items being looted or rewarded.
    These are the only options after what Heliass has said. Crafters, look at the facts. Nothing has been fixed or added, and they keep adding Looted/Rewarded main items. Weaponsmith is already dead, and with the increase of reward Armor, Armorsmith is next. They have two choices: Work hard to rebuild the Crafting system, or easily kill it. What do you think they will do?

So far, the new armour they've added has pretty crap resists compared to anything crafted can do.  The Restuss armour as resists of 5146 (or something around that), crafted armour without layeres can get up to 6k or 6.5-6.6k.  You don't see many people wearing the Restuss armour due to this.

As an Armoursmith, I would like the ability to upgrade that armour.

Crafting will for all practical purposes be removed, by being left alone while more non-crafted items are added.
    Crafting will be turned into a nerfed secondary system, with all main items being looted or rewarded.

So far, the new armour they've added has pretty crap resists compared to anything crafted can do.  The Restuss armour as resists of 5146 (or something around that), crafted armour without layeres can get up to 6k or 6.5-6.6k.  You don't see many people wearing the Restuss armour due to this.

Please. With the addition of Armor Bonuses in the Expertise System, the difference between Crafted & Rewarded Armor is minimal % wise. Seriously, for BH's with full Comp, a difference of 1k between 2 sets of Armor would be less than 4% difference in reduction (it's a scaled % BTW, for those that don't know). Smugglers don't even NEED Armor.

Also, the bonuses for the Reward Armor offset the 800 or so difference in the stats. The Restuss Armor I think gives you around 230 for all of you stats, or something like that. Remember, 100 Agility is 5% midigation. On top of that, the Dev's already said the Faction Reward Armor will have the highest stats for armor in the game.

It's over for Crafters. Expect Mando Armor to become a Reward, and require no Crafters to actually do, along with other Crafted items. That's if they even get a chance to do so before the game is sunset...

Please. With the addition of Armor Bonuses in the Expertise System, the difference between Crafted & Rewarded Armor is minimal % wise. Seriously, for BH's with full Comp, a difference of 1k between 2 sets of Armor would be less than 4% difference in reduction (it's a scaled % BTW, for those that don't know). Smugglers don't even NEED Armor.

Also, the bonuses for the Reward Armor offset the 800 or so difference in the stats. The Restuss Armor I think gives you around 230 for all of you stats, or something like that. Remember, 100 Agility is 5% midigation. On top of that, the Dev's already said the Faction Reward Armor will have the highest stats for armor in the game.

It's over for Crafters. Expect Mando Armor to become a Reward, and require no Crafters to actually do, along with other Crafted items. That's if they even get a chance to do so before the game is sunset...

Haven't seen a BH wearing anything but crafted armour yet.  With professions now having debuffs, you can't rely completely on those stat bonuses.  Officers can strip 100 off nearly all your stats, Jedi can remove some using mind tricks and Medic will soon be able to debuff as well as remove any buffs you have applied.  Smugglers innate armour is only 4k (5k if they reach the max smuggler rank).  I can't remember the full stats of the Restuss armour (will need to check when the server is up), but I'm pretty sure the highest stat mod is 14.

We'll have to see what happens with the new faction armour, I don't remember reading a dev say that it's the best, but I might have missed that.

Haven't seen a BH wearing anything but crafted armour yet.  With professions now having debuffs, you can't rely completely on those stat bonuses.  Officers can strip 100 off nearly all your stats, Jedi can remove some using mind tricks and Medic will soon be able to debuff as well as remove any buffs you have applied.  Smugglers innate armour is only 4k (5k if they reach the max smuggler rank).  I can't remember the full stats of the Restuss armour (will need to check when the server is up), but I'm pretty sure the highest stat mod is 14.

We'll have to see what happens with the new faction armour, I don't remember reading a dev say that it's the best, but I might have missed that.

That's because there are no Reward Assault Armors yet.

So? It's still a stat, and officers & certian Prof's (and soon Medics) can remove those debuffs.

Actually, that was an error and a fix is coming down today for it, read the notes :P

I got that from a post on the forums. Do a search for it.

Check out Dev Tracker, or a search... it's in there as a response to a question in one of those long GCW threads. So many Dev's were on those, I can't remember which said it, but they did. Someone complained that Reward Armor sucked, and the Dev said not this time, it would be some of the best Armnor in the game, and have great bonuses.

That's because there are no Reward Assault Armors yet.

So? It's still a stat, and officers & certian Prof's (and soon Medics) can remove those debuffs.

Actually, that was an error and a fix is coming down today for it, read the notes :P

I got that from a post on the forums. Do a search for it.

Check out Dev Tracker, or a search... it's in there as a response to a question in one of those long GCW threads. So many Dev's were on those, I can't remember which said it, but they did. Someone complained that Reward Armor sucked, and the Dev said not this time, it would be some of the best Armnor in the game, and have great bonuses.

BH's have had most of their Assault armour restrictions removed ;)

What if you don't have an Officer in your group to remove the debuff?  What if the debuff remover is still on timer?  From what I see both in PvP and PvE groups, you don't see people relying on stated armour.  They do however spend lots of cash/time on getting stated stuff that can be stacked with armour.

The error was that the ranked resists weren't applying, so they had less.  When it's working correctly, what I posted is the correct values.

Went to the Friday Feature (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/players/content.vm?id=66907&resource=features).  As I thought, I had the resist value wrong (5496) with each peice having +18 Constitution +6 Luck +12 Precision +12 Strength.  Loot armour has better stats then that :P  Either way, it hasn't done anything to my armour sales.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

As usual the more Helios talks the worse he makes it...  Crafted items won't be competitive with loot:

No, I'm saying that loot will probably be
    seperate or in complement of crafted stuff.  The two will likely not be
    in competition with one another.  I.e the new craftables may likely be
    different items (discounting the existing craftables).

-The Dark Lord Helios
    -Lead Designer, SWG
    "There is no reality in the absence of observation."

• FormathorFormathor Member Posts: 53

Looks to me like this was done so that they can finish the combat professions before Christmas. And of course the Christmas sale of another vehicle er... I mean new super fantastic uber fun package.

Those who think this was done for the benefit of the crafters are probably going to be very disappointed.

We have feedback threads in the crafter forums now :)

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

We have feedback threads in the crafter forums now :)

That'll fix everything......

(didn’t they just do that...twice...... for like 3 months. for two or three proposals?)

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

As usual the more Helios talks the worse he makes it...  Crafted items won't be competitive with loot:

No, I'm saying that loot will probably be
    seperate or in complement of crafted stuff.  The two will likely not be
    in competition with one another.  I.e the new craftables may likely be
    different items (discounting the existing craftables).

-The Dark Lord Helios
    -Lead Designer, SWG
    "There is no reality in the absence of observation."

OUCH.

So they will take everything away except for bone armor and nimodian bird cages...and the rest will be loot.

(My point being anything useless will remain crafted and anything that is needed or usefull will be loot.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me