Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'WTH Happened to SWG' post number three million seven hundred eighty five thousand two hundred and f

The official forums are an absolute ghost town. I've been trolling there for the past few weeks during the day and at first I thought there was some real traffic, but after a while I've started to recognize names and it's just the same five people per server. I played on Bria and Intrepid so I check those forums. At one point in 2004 they had the first and second highest post counts respectively. Now bria has maybe a dozen posters and the players on intrepid claim there are never more the FIVE players on that server at any one time.

It's been a year and a half since I played and I am still continously stunned by what was done to this game. Even up until the CU Theed and CNet on Bria were wall to wall people twenty-three hours a day. Intrepid didn't have the same congestion but still possessed a huge community. Most everyone I played with had AT LEAST two subscriptions. It wasn't uncommon to meet someone with six. Even with the pay for play expansions they can't be generating a quarter of the revenue they were pre-cu. I understand the pressure from sony to compete with wow, but the 'sweeping changes' did the reverse. I can't understand why they won't cut there losses and launch 'SWG Classic'. I'm sure they will someday, but by that time the next big thing will have come along, and we'll all have stopped caring. The graphics are looking dated anyway. SOE is greedy, just like every other major corporation. I don't begrudge them the right to maximize there profits. The clear majority, this community in exile would love to pay to play old school swg. They want our money and we want to give it to them, so when did this get as complicated as dating?

And while I thoroughly enjoy playing wow, it doesn't have near the depth as swg did. Of course it doesn't have the glitches that swg did either, or the inbalance. In wow all the high end gear is looted or quested for, in swg all the best gear was player generated. Attachments, tissues, pearls etc had to be looted, but they went into weapons and armor that were crafted by players. That makes such a difference. So WTF happened to this money bucket? Did someone come along and offer smedley or torres or whoever some magic beans or something?

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    SWG is a great place if you are a tumbleweed farmer.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

I went back to raise Hell on Brias, seeing some old friends there is nice... but it's funny to find out they just play the forum game and not the game itself.

Lol, some things have not changed.

ALSO I see the 21 Day thing is time based on how long you have been away I think.

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by tillamook
    SWG is a great place if you are a tumbleweed farmer.

Hmm....Can you really farm tumbleweeds?  I would think tumbleweed herder might be more accurate...  but what the hell do i know about tumbleweeds.. 

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• kissodeathkissodeath Member Posts: 102
    I have been noticing that too, and almost all post are NGE compliant

• duct_tapeduct_tape Member Posts: 34

I played on Starsider.  I chose it at launch because it was the 'un'official RP server in SWG.   I quit in December 2005... unfortunately I still had 6 months left in subscritpion.  I used to have 2 subscriptions but dropped one shortly after the CU.

I logged in a couple of times, including a reunion month in May for my guild... to what?  To eerie silence, to ghost towns that were once thriving player cities, to houses that read 'TOMB OF 'insert name' KILLED BY THE NGE'.  The only place 'lively' in all of Starsider was the Mos Eisley Cantina. 

Mustafar, Theed and Coronet were EMPTY everytime I logged in.  I saw a few familiar faces now and again... rarely.  I am just in total shock over the population plunge since the NGE.  Well... maybe there will be a SWG2 one day.

status... SWG refugee

IF YOU KEEP LOOKING AT ME YOU'LL SEE ME KILL YOU