Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help me please!!!

viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

[starts to shake from the withdraw of MMO's]

Im in real need of a MMO fix. its been about 4 months since my last hit. and that was a poor cookie clutter game that left me wanting. They just has to be one game out there that has ok graphics a good community & some depth and a story line that works

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy

Comments

• ebenholtebenholt Member Posts: 312

the sad thing is there are no MMO out there that have what the old SWG had. I have tried and they all fell short.

I am playing EVE atm and there I get some satisfaction. It is somewhat complex and you have to watch your back in low sec space (I like that excitement). It has no elfs, orcs or dwarves

"There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; those that come in by the window"

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

i think i saw an elf in SWG the other day.

or that might be the bad sushi

anyway try  saga of ryzom sort of the same as SWG. open sandbox. and you get unlimited free trial (but you only stay in noobie island

• baclimonbaclimon Member Posts: 34
    Im waiting for Gods and Hereos. Looks very promising.

--Baclimon--

www.starfleetguild.com

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714
    waiting for fallen earth....and waiting......and waiting....
  • wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Originally posted by suske
    waiting for fallen earth....and waiting......and waiting....

What he said!

Altho, the new MOGArmy video...SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

And yes, I kinda had a attack of the girlie squee syndrome when I watched those FE videos :P

imageThe last of the Trackers

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by viadi

[starts to shake from the withdraw of MMO's]
    Im in real need of a MMO fix. its been about 4 months since my last hit. and that was a poor cookie clutter game that left me wanting. They just has to be one game out there that has ok graphics a good community & some depth and a story line that works

Im afraid there just isnt anything out there right now.

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    Sorry master Viadi, but there are none. Im beta testing a game now. Its pretty good. But far from what SWG used to be But since its still in beta things might change and improve.
    Sorry to say, but its look like i have to go with Vanguard, even tough SOE is hosting the servers and billing(actually they are pretty good at it) It might stand a chance with me as long as SOE has NOTHING to say about the development and content of the game.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

Originally posted by Hauken
    Sorry master Viadi, but there are none. Im beta testing a game now. Its pretty good. But far from what SWG used to be But since its still in beta things might change and improve.
    Sorry to say, but its look like i have to go with Vanguard, even tough SOE is hosting the servers and billing(actually they are pretty good at it) It might stand a chance with me as long as SOE has NOTHING to say about the development and content of the game.

doc I'v not spooke with anyone from Delta of late who is still going to V:SoH?

Ornie, KJ, omagodma and eis for sure. I guess Krod, Gorlok and Jubeiie too. And a lot of the peeps(5-10) that i recruited after the nge and didnt stay more than a month was also waiting for Vanguard.
    I hope Michal(was back for a week), Ranger and Rawn will also try Vanguard.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    I'm finding EQ2 to be the best I've played so far.  Mainly because I don't try to make it into anything but what it is, and I appreciate it's own depth and harcoreness.  It's a FAR better game than SWG is right now.  What it is and what it does would never work in SWG.  Which is why them turning SWG into a cross between EQ2 and WoW while making it more carebearish than either will never work.

• DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143

I also suggest taking a look at Saga of Ryzom.

Free noob island, and instead of leveling your character, you level your skills. So you can work on your harvesting, magic, fighting, or crafting. Work on all of them or focus. They also branch, so when your crafting is up to 50, for example, you can specialize in what type of crafting (if you craft armor, it branches into heavy armor, medium armor, and so on).

It keeps branching and branching. In order to max your char, you'd need to advance 11,000 branches. I hear the top players have mastered maybe 10 branches. Because of this there are very few chars the same.

Drawback: Less chars than you would expect when you subscribe to the mainland, and it's closer to fantasy than sci-fi, but still worth a look, at least to tide you over until something else comes along.

• viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

Ornie, KJ, omagodma and eis for sure. I guess Krod, Gorlok and Jubeiie too. And a lot of the peeps(5-10) that i recruited after the nge and didnt stay more than a month was also waiting for Vanguard.

doc i think ill give it a go once its out let me know when the guild moves if we all start in the same month we could help one and other grind/explore anyway ill mail you later this week

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

anyway try  saga of ryzom sort of the same as SWG. open sandbox. and you get unlimited free trial (but you only stay in noobie island

Bothans do not like being called Elves :P

doc i think ill give it a go once its out let me know when the guild moves if we all start in the same month we could help one and other grind/explore anyway ill mail you later this week

Will do sir.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

Bothans do not like being called Elves :P

WHAHAHAHAHA i sooo didnt notice that!!