Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefront Series not being picked up by Pandemic

2»

Comments

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by haxxjoo

Originally posted by Spathotan

Originally posted by Fadeus

I think I would prefer to see a Clone Era MMO first. I think it has alot more potential then a KotOR era game.

Hell yes. Get your sig makers out, and hold me to my word on this.

I will shit a golden brick with the word "YAY" ingraved if somebody makes a Star Wars MMO set in the Old Republic.

Screw Jedi running around in the GCW, screw terrorist Rebels. Bring back Battlefields, I want to see some all out full scale war, SBD's shotting Clone Troopers through the chest with tri cannons, Commandos blowing a group of droids into 100 pieces with a rocket, Jedi generals leading thousands of Clones in battle against twice as many droids. The CIS stopping the Republic attack on Cato Nemodia with a swift ambush.

I want to play a Star Wars game in a world where full scale war is breaking out, there is little to no law and order on the majority of the systems ingulfed in war. There would be no changing sides, join the Republic or join the CIS, end of story. Make droids a playable race, add dozens of new starfighters, add frigates and capital ships, stationary heavy weaponry for ground assaults, give BOTH sides faction vehicles (Not like current SWG where only the Impire had  AT-ST's). AT-TE's, SPHA-T's, AAT's, STAP's, MMT's, all of it. I want to see some real war.

I would hope you'd include more rpg elements. This sounds alot like a fps.

No, no damn FPS. Pure RPG.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• KillerJimmyKillerJimmy Member Posts: 216

Originally posted by scaramoosh

Maybe obsidian (creators of Kotor2) could do a future SW mmorpg :P
    Tbh kotor2 was a much better game but the storyline wasn't as good, so as mmorpgs dont really have good storylines anyways it wont matter.

I would be very careful buying an MMO from Obsidian. I loved Kotor (Bioware) and I loved the start of Kotor2 (Obsidian with Bioware engine)... But there is no question that Kotor2 is an incomplete game, which is probably 95% the fault of LA. Either way, somehow Bioware turned out an amazing game (with an amazing ending) in Kotor and Obsidian fell far short on Kotor2 (with virtually no ending and hours upon hours of cut dialog and content).

For a picture of the Kotor2 problem: http://www.team-gizka.org/. I keep waiting for these guys to finish the restoration so I can play a finished version of Kotor2. What really burns me though, is the lack of patches for Kotor2 to add the missing content and fix huge existing dialog problems.

I am really uncertain about purchasing NWN2, despite my early excitement, because Obsidian is the developer. I guess if they turn out a great game, then I can blame LA 100% for the Kotor2 fiasco...

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by KillerJimmy

Tbh kotor2 was a much better game but the storyline wasn't as good, so as mmorpgs dont really have good storylines anyways it wont matter.
    I would be very careful buying an MMO from Obsidian. I loved Kotor (Bioware) and I loved the start of Kotor2 (Obsidian with Bioware engine)... But there is no question that Kotor2 is an incomplete game, which is probably 95% the fault of LA. Either way, somehow Bioware turned out an amazing game (with an amazing ending) in Kotor and Obsidian fell far short on Kotor2 (with virtually no ending and hours upon hours of cut dialog and content).
    For a picture of the Kotor2 problem: http://www.team-gizka.org/. I keep waiting for these guys to finish the restoration so I can play a finished version of Kotor2. What really burns me though, is the lack of patches for Kotor2 to add the missing content and fix huge existing dialog problems.
    I am really uncertain about purchasing NWN2, despite my early excitement, because Obsidian is the developer. I guess if they turn out a great game, then I can blame LA 100% for the Kotor2 fiasco...

LEC won't allow a patch to complete KotOR 2 to be released. So there is no hope of Obsidian ever providing that to the consumers.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by KillerJimmy

LEC won't allow a patch to complete KotOR 2 to be released. So there is no hope of Obsidian ever providing that to the consumers.

I read the real reason for that was that Obsidian wanted to charge LA for creating the patch after shipping the game incomplete and late.... and LA said "piss off". You don't do "free" in the biz, so therefore no patch.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Shayde
    I read the real reason for that was that Obsidian wanted to charge LA for creating the patch after shipping the game incomplete and late.... and LA said "piss off". You don't do "free" in the biz, so therefore no patch.

Well I never thought fondly of Obsidian anyways so that will just fit in with the rest of it. I wouldn't doubt it, but considering they were paid to deliver a product they should have delivered it whole. If they ran over their own deadlines that is their own fault.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• BlitzPuppetBlitzPuppet Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by scaramooshMaybe obsidian (creators of Kotor2) could do a future SW mmorpg :PTbh kotor2 was a much better game but the storyline wasn't as good, so as mmorpgs dont really have good storylines anyways it wont matter.

I kept up with their progress of the game as they developed it and actually I feel they completely failed at upholding most of what they promised was going to be improvements from KotOR 1.
    I dont' think they are capable of handling an MMO.

Weren't they kinda gimped by LA?

They had to release the game incomplete because of a deadline. However in interviews they boasted about improvements that just never really happenned either that they spoke like they were already in. Alot of graphical improvements and not resusing the same faces so much.

The story line was god aweful in my opinion and not really in the spirit of star wars in some aspects but just from a technical perspective they really didn't hold up to their boasts to me.

Compare Valve/Sierra with both Half-life and Half-life 2.  They delayed both games for so long (HL2 because code was stolen) and look what happened, they were close to perfect when released.  Now only if LA would do this.....Imagine what SWG and KOTOR would have been like when released.