Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smuggler sytem... It's bad

Anyone tried the so called smuggler system. It's really not a system, more of a mini game. After the Tier five missions are done and you think you can start some real smuggling, you can't smuggle any more. Chapter 3 isn't done!

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member Posts: 7,261
    It's much like Bounty Hunters being able to take NPC missions.  At the beginning of the NGE, that was all BH's had available to them, and then a few months later they (re)implemented player hunting.  At least now there is a foundation for them to build on and add to.

• cjhrulescjhrules Member Posts: 116

They gave teh impression it would be done in this cahpter, besides... How long will it take for them to add real smuggling now? Another three years?

• ObraikObraik Member Posts: 7,261

Originally posted by cjhrules

They gave teh impression it would be done in this cahpter, besides... How long will it take for them to add real smuggling now? Another three years?

If by real smuggling you mean Player to Player smuggling I'd take a guess and say probably not until the end of the current publish plan at least, once all professions have their expertise.  It could be as early as chapter 4 though, they might decide to involve smugglers with crafters. 

• cjhrulescjhrules Member Posts: 116
    well, it just feels hopeless right now...
  • anaicanaic Member Posts: 409

Originally posted by Obraik
    It's much like Bounty Hunters being able to take NPC missions.  At the beginning of the NGE, that was all BH's had available to them, and then a few months later they (re)implemented player hunting.  At least now there is a foundation for them to build on and add to.
    I don't mean to flame, but you should be working for a PR firm, if you're not already working at one.  Seriously, I think you'd get a job at one right away.
  • pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

If by real smuggling you mean Player to Player smuggling I'd take a guess and say probably not until the end of the current publish plan at least, once all professions have their expertise.  It could be as early as chapter 4 though, they might decide to involve smugglers with crafters. 

Im thinking that crafters will have certain craftables that require "black market" items that can only be aquired through smuggler missions from uninhabited worlds, or something along those lines.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by pirrg

Im thinking that crafters will have certain craftables that require "black market" items that can only be aquired through smuggler missions from uninhabited worlds, or something along those lines.

like the contraband smugglers get from space loot which if you look at it closely is all crafter oriented stuff.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World