Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: South Park Appearance

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

World of Warcraft, which has been credited by some with bringing MMOs to the mass market, is getting even more pop culture exposure when the game appears on the premier episode of the 10th season for Comedy Central's South Park.

World of Warcraft is going to be featured in the first episode of South Park Season 10! Click here to check out a sneak peek of the show. The new season of South Park is set to debut this Wednesday, October 4, at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific Time on Comedy Central.

For more on WoW click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    Hahaha thats amazing this game just keeps getting bigger.
  • Ammon777Ammon777 Member Posts: 308

Thats cool. Might i add that a couple weeks ago, World of Warcraft was also mentioned on Stargate Atlantis on primetime. It was used by the HOT BABELITIOUS commander woman (brunnet) as a ruse to distract the nerdy scientist whilest her friend sneaked onto the scientists computer to setup something (i forget what, sorry). Anyway, so she was asking the scientist questions about his World of Warcraft character to distract him, was quite funny especially since the scientist was a total geek. He was like, "Wow i cant believe you play World of Warcraft, i mean, a babe like you, jeez." Was pretty funny. It shows how much MMORPGs will penetrate our culture.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    I fear this will only bring in immature players.

• SuaveSuave Member Posts: 150

Knowing South Park, the episode won't increase numbers, but will instead show the true nature of the game and help millions realize how foolish they are for playing it.

Thank you, South Park... thank you!

• atlaznboiatlaznboi Member Posts: 100
    haha this will be interesting to watch. cant wait
  • YukkioneYukkione Member Posts: 618

Originally posted by Valentina
    I fear this will only bring in immature players.

As if the game isnt overpopulated with them aslready. ..
  • YukkioneYukkione Member Posts: 618

Originally posted by Thrift
    Hahaha thats amazing this game just keeps getting bigger.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
  • JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

If they lampoon the game, you could substitute any MMOG in it's place, so it will be more gamer bashing instead of making fun of WoW specifically.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• transitbustransitbus Member Posts: 32
    Just like myspace and all other fads, the media tends to ride the bandwagon once the fad has reached tired proportions.
  • Agent_X7Agent_X7 Staff WriterMember, Newbie CommonPosts: 515
    WoW was also mentioned recently on Stargate: Atlantis. 

Agent_X7 AKA J Star
    [/URL]image
    Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296

Its almost like a trend for playing an MMORPG. Not really surprised WoW being mentioned in shows... its almost like a boardcast beacon for those who didnt know what is MMORPG / WoW. .::::13::

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• OronweOronwe Member Posts: 23
    mhhh...correct me if i´m wrong but this lil trailer....it just wasnt funny...plus i dont want to know how far this will go....WoW in the new Episode of Jimmy Neutron, WoW with a special appearance by the Teletubbies?

well well..we´ll see ^^

• blueharvestblueharvest Member Posts: 10
     To be honest this sounds to me like the greatest thing since the episode 'Good Times With Weapons', I'm really looking forward to it :D

• The_GuruThe_Guru Member Posts: 4
    Too bad Myspace hasn't disappeared yet.

I wonder if they'll do this episode in the same vein as the Ninja episode. That was a great episode.

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      They won't make fun of it. Remember the psp episode ? 

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• SuaveSuave Member Posts: 150
    What are you talking about?!  That entire episode made fun of the PSP every other minute!!
  • RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    I typically don't watch South Park, but I will watch this episode.

The episode that made fun of Lord of the Rings, was funny.

WoW is about to become overexposed. When you start seeing it in Coke commercials in the West like they
    have in China, it will be time for me to deny I ever played it.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

I think of it as the same idea with southpark making fun of scientology or the psp or family guy or anything else.  They're not going to be promoting the game, they just got the permission to use it in the show. 

The trailer wasn't funny at all, but I'm thinking the show actually will be.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.