Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranks

rathofdoomrathofdoom Member Posts: 17
Just how exactly do they work?  What do you do to go up in rank?  Apparently it isn't posting because people will less posts can have higher ranks.

Comments

• BigTBigT Member UncommonPosts: 51
    How do you calculate my rank?

Ranks are calculated every day at 2:00AM EST.  They are only based on the last 30 days of data.  We look at the following factors when determining your rank:

• How many days you visited the site (and logged in).  This is also counted when you use our "autologin" feature.
    • How much information you have posted in our forums (not the amount of posts)
    • The quality of your posts.  If you post lot of "filler" posts that only consist of a few words this will cost you rank points.
    • Any posts of yours that had to be deleted will cost you 5 rank points (there are only 100 total

Also, There is a link at the top of the page F.A.Q image

• AdmiralChaosAdmiralChaos Member Posts: 72

*can't wait till tommorow*

Maybe ill get a point or 2 ;)

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

One of the most important calculations for determining rank is based on the Size and Quality of your posts. Stuff like "Yeah", "Of course", "I agree", and "So what?" do not count well towards your rank. Nice, informative posts without filler are the ideal posts. Take a look at high ranking members and the general size and quality of their posts. If you are active and participate in discussion without the "little fluff" you rank will change to reflect it accordingly.

Quite an ingenious system that goes beyond the simple number of posts.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• SilvareaSilvarea Member Posts: 72

Yeah!! the search option finally paid off.. As in I found something posted I was looking for but I wish you offered a little more detail 59/100 leaves me wondering what 41 points are missing or maybe why I even scored so high.. I am happy I did cheer