Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best ways to make money

ImpacatusImpacatus Member Posts: 436

As we all know, with the dynamic there are alot of different profitable enterprises in RV, and probably more waiting to be invented.  The question is what do you feel is the most reliable way to make money, when you're starting out and later in the game?  While we're at it, what other, more imaginative enterprises can you think of?

I've been thinking there could be profit in a storage service.  If you establish a good reputation and are on regularly, you could rent out inventory slots and spots in your projectsite.  Could be a consistent flow of income, if you're able to find takers.  You could charge on a weekly basis, allowing people to reserve slots in case they need them.  (EDIT: Some people have mentioned this on the official boards, but I've had it in my head for awhile)

Has anyone actually been able to make money with an innovative business idea?

If you're building an mmorpg, or if you'd like to share ideas or talk about this industry, visit Multiplayer Worlds.

Comments

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276

What I think is the best way is to make ore piles. They go for about 2500ses to about 4000 ses each.

-MrDDT

• KemarikKemarik Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Impacatus

Has anyone actually been able to make money with an innovative business idea?

I think the in-game economy is definately showing signs of finally starting to wake up.  Things are starting to "happen."  I do think the majority of money made right now however is still in quiet business deals and barter beween individuals and between guilds and is certainly not public knowledge.  It is hard to answer your question Impacatus.  Personally, I've witnessed nothing innovative.  People hire themselves out to haul cargo, build firewood piles, start construction projects, and act as guards.  There is somebody putting on a play in Corstopitum and he's in the process of hiring actors and refreshment servers.  I suppose he could charge an entrance fee to watch the play and maybe make a profit but I doubt it. 

Storage is definately an issue since you are limited to only one construction site/storage area per player and the number of buildings you can lease is very small right now.  The last word from the devs is that storage containers as well as an improved UI is in the works so this may change everything soon.  I like your idea though and you might be able to sign me up as a customer.