Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Massive Magazine Releases

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Massive Magazine, the publication that brings MMOs offline and into print, has announced the release of their first issue, which is now available on newsstands:

Premiere Issue of MASSIVE Magazine On Newsstands

Early reviews sing its praises; MMO fans finally have a magazine to call their own

Fort Lauderdale, FL.—Sept. 29, 2006— Online gamers nationwide rejoiced today as MASSIVE Magazine’s premiere issue arrived on newsstands across the country. MASSIVE Magazine, produced by the same team responsible for the acclaimed Computer Games Magazine and published by the media division of theglobe.com, is the next big thing in gaming. MASSIVE is the only print publication dedicated solely to massively multiplayer online (MMO) games.

The premiere issue of MASSIVE includes a 30-page feature on “What’s Next” for the MMOs of today and tomorrow. Other articles cover such topics as: why you’d want to hire a Chinese gold farmer and what it’s like to run a guild with hundreds (or more) members. Each newsstand copy of MASSIVE includes a free DVD with five playable trial versions from SOE, including EverQuest II, EverQuest, Planetside, Star Wars Galaxies, and The Matrix Online, plus a VIP code that lets readers access the beta of Gods & Heroes.

Judging by the early reviews, MASSIVE is already a success. “I was pretty blown away by MASSIVE, and I never read magazines cover to cover,” writes reader Chris Zachos. “The minute I got a chance, I subscribed. I can't wait for the next issue. I love how smart your writers are (I got a lot of chuckles). I think you guys really have tapped an emerging market and I wish you all the luck!”

MASSIVE Magazine has an aggressive distribution plan and is available along with Computer Games Magazine at all major retailers, including Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million. The magazine will also be distributed in a digital version. For more information about MASSIVE Magazine, please visit http://www.massive-magazine.com .

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    For those who are thinking about it, I reccomend the article writen by Bartle on page 58.  It's a real mind blower from a man who doesn't use any actual games as examples.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• BlakesrealmBlakesrealm Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I'd recommend this one for sure. My wife brought it home for me last week and I hammered through it that night. Quick read, and most importantly an interesting read. Good first issue, and makes me look forward to the next one!

Also the MMORPG by Beckett is pretty good as well. So far I'd recommend Massive as the best of the two, but both are worth reading.
  • StewkerStewker Member Posts: 35

Really excited about this magazine overall, but as it appears that the digital copy is going to be delayed I'm dissapointed because thats what I signed up for; the digital subscription. Which doesnt make ANY sense as it you would think the digital copy would make it to the subscribers before the newsstand copy. =/