Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just noticed....

...that there is alot more topics and posts on the SWG refuge forum than on the SWG current forum. The relationship is (SWG current:SWG refuge)1:3.9 regarding topics, and 1:4.8 regarding posts.

...and yes im bored at work if anyone wonders

Comments

• oreyioreyi Member Posts: 121

Originally posted by Morlan

...that there is alot more topics and posts on the SWG refuge forum than on the SWG current forum. The relationship is (SWG current:SWG refuge)1:3.9 regarding topics, and 1:4.8 regarding posts.

...and yes im bored at work if anyone wonders

That's because:

a) We're a veeeery vocal minority

b) People who like the game are playing and not trolling the forums

^^

• bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198

So by that logic, people like Obraik do not actually spend much time in game!

I know, I know, old point to make....

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    That's because the ratio of former to current SWG subscribers is at least 3:1.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    That's because they're all in the game!

What's that? You didn't see anyone in the game, on any of the servers? Well, of course you didn't. They're all hiding in space!

What's that? There's no one in space, either? Well, they all had to log off, the very moment you got there. They're very busy people.

Also, the game's so perfect at the moment, there's really nothing to discuss. Keep up the good work, devs!

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643
    well, pirrg and Obraik can only post in current but so many times...............

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714
    kinda says a lot when former vets outnumber those interested in current gameplay if only $oe didn't have blinders on.....................

Originally posted by suske
    kinda says a lot when former vets outnumber those interested in current gameplay if only $oe didn't have blinders on.....................

SOE issues peril sensitive sunglasses to all employees.

Peril sensitive sunglasses
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Don't forget those playing the game have the Official forums to post in whereas you guys only have this place ;) 

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643
    At least here we can freely speak our mind.  The SS fascist forum mods at $OE don't tolerate free and independent thought.

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by MrArchy
    At least here we can freely speak our mind.  The SS fascist forum mods at $OE don't tolerate free and independent thought.

Which is sorta why I'm here :P  Although I would have used different words...

Exactly.  Over on the Swastika OE SWG boards you can express your opinion only if you are like Wepps and BadgerWhackoff and berate anyone who expresses any disagreement with those oh so proven right Devs.

Despite this, there is one other Senator, Elyssa, who laments that there is too much free speech going on over there. 

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

You mean rampant trolling with a flagrant lack of respect for any forum rules?

Originally posted by pirrg

You coming here and posting that is actually flagrant disrespect for forum rules.  You have your own forum.

Originally posted by Wildcat84

You coming here and posting that is actually flagrant disrespect for forum rules.  You have your own forum.

Um.. there is no rule that states that i cant post here buddy.

If people aren't allowed to counter argue NGE on the NGE forum, then the reverse is true, you guys aren't allowed to come here and counter argue that NGE is better than Pre-CU or CU.

If people aren't allowed to counter argue NGE on the NGE forum, then the reverse is true, you guys aren't allowed to come here and counter argue that NGE is better than Pre-CU or CU.

Nope.

• KaairnKaairn Member Posts: 11

Nope.

Here trolly trolly troll, I have some nice snacks for you... come on you cute little troll. *pats Pirrg on the head* He's so cute isn't he!
    Frankly, I don't care if they post here or not.  There isn't an argument that they can make that they can win.

The forum split was done basically to give THEM a "safe zone" where they could spout their unrealities without challenge.

• kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516

Nope.

Ok wait. Doesn't "disgruntled former and current players" mean that this forum is for the disgruntled players? You and Oraik, I've noticed, are far from disgruntled. That's why people accuse you of trolling.

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Yep that seems about dead on actually.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by Obraik
    Don't forget those playing the game have the Official forums to post in whereas you guys only have this place ;) 

Yes and thank goodness nobody STILL does not post there asking for the old game back and not the NGE.

*COUGH*   -- See thats the difference... You don't have a bunch of people saying I WANT the NGE and like it so much that I want to marry it etc...

It still makes me smile to see thread after thread of people disliking the NGE and wanting the old game back STILL...   If you think about it, all that it proves and shows is that if given the choice the game would be in a different state right now if it could.

No free Jedi, More professions, more people and a better outlook without all the Bad press and statements like "Do not make our mistakes" ---- would not be here.

But nope...

Originally posted by iskareot

Yep that seems about dead on actually.

And the board reflects it.

Pre-CU peak:  300K subs

NGE current: 100K or less

That makes for at least a 3:1 ratio.  And that doesn't count "churn", ie, players who quit pre-CU or CU who were actually replaced by new players who then later quit.  The actual former to NGE player ratio could be much higher, as high as 5:1.

• BogdawsonBogdawson Member Posts: 202

get out of our forum troll or i'll report you

this is the forum for ex-players

• kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516
    ...to be more correct. Current players can post here, as long as they are "disgruntled" at the state of SWG and the direction it is going; but yes, get those trolls out of here.

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

"Don't forget those playing the game have the Official forums to post in whereas you guys only have this place ;) "

Um I'm sure someone replied to this but I wanted to reply before I read the rest of the thread.

That is only true if:

1) They don't post at all

2) They actually enjoy the game and post as such.

Anyone who post much in the way of complaint or negative at all even if constructive...

Will eventually have post locked, deleted or be banned from those forums.

Unless like me they only rant about once a month (hmm doesn't sound right).

Anyway.. that could be why posts here increase over time as more people get banned from the "official" forums... just a thought.

Oh and I edit so I can reply to something else without an entirely new post:

"And the board reflects it.

Pre-CU peak:  300K subs

NGE current: 100K or less

That makes for at least a 3:1 ratio.  And that doesn't count "churn", ie, players who quit pre-CU or CU who were actually replaced by new players who then later quit.  The actual former to NGE player ratio could be much higher, as high as 5:1."

Well if your numbers are correct... then the entire 300k would have had to quit and been replaced by the 100k.

3:1... 300,000 - 100,000 = 200,000

So that would be 2:1

I thought however, that the number quoted someone long ago was a peak of around 450,000... but I really don't remember.  I think there was a release by SOE at one point... because at that time it was still a big number.. you know before WoW.