Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returner impression: a bad deja vu

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
Well I started EQ2 from launch, and loved it most of the time. Until about half a year ago, when I quit,

right when KOS came out and it furthered a trend in high lv EQ2 I already loathed. In the last weeks before I had quit I realized most of the time I was logging in waiting for a group to form and meanwhile doing quite pointless soloing. I logged in, paid a game to wait for something to happen.

Now I returned and its like a bad deja vu. Even tho I am in a big guild, I am alone  nearly all the time. I do some small solo errands, calling in the level channels and OOC and guild channel for a group in vain. I dont know why, but it is quite frustrating. I have played about a dozen MMOs but I never saw a game where it was so difficult to find a group. I got this last new adventure pack, thinking to see something new, but the dam instance is a friggin graveyard, noone there but me. Its a joke, I play online to go in groups and everyone seems to be alone or with his/her group of close friends.

Annoys me to no end now.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• wyzwunwyzwun Member Posts: 328
    you think lfg is hard in EQ2.... try playing a dragoon in ffxi.

Rites of the Four Horsemen
    http://www.rotfh.com

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

That's ironic, because I am disliking EQ2 now because it enforces grouping... (esp. PVP grouping).

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Not everyone likes to solo. I for one, do like to solo. I hate grouping. Most of the time you HAVE to just go around beating things up because thats what the group wants to do. It's not good for much else. Well, I don't play this game to just beat things up and I find it much more fun to solo.

I'm with the above poster, I don't like that the new things with EQ2 enforce grouping.

Maybe a different game would suit you better.

• napalmswebnapalmsweb Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I have found that the main people who invite me into their groups are the same ones I group with normally, I guess you could call them friends. So, it is possible that since you were away so long, no one knows you anymore and are thus less likely to want to group with you.

In the end, I too sometimes feel frustrated that I can't find a group but there is enough solo content to keep me busy.

• williajmwilliajm Member Posts: 13
    You might want to try a different guild.

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by Elikal

Well I started EQ2 from launch, and loved it most of the time. Until about half a year ago, when I quit,
    right when KOS came out and it furthered a trend in high lv EQ2 I already loathed. In the last weeks before I had quit I realized most of the time I was logging in waiting for a group to form and meanwhile doing quite pointless soloing. I logged in, paid a game to wait for something to happen.

Now I returned and its like a bad deja vu. Even tho I am in a big guild, I am alone  nearly all the time. I do some small solo errands, calling in the level channels and OOC and guild channel for a group in vain. I dont know why, but it is quite frustrating. I have played about a dozen MMOs but I never saw a game where it was so difficult to find a group. I got this last new adventure pack, thinking to see something new, but the dam instance is a friggin graveyard, noone there but me. Its a joke, I play online to go in groups and everyone seems to be alone or with his/her group of close friends.

Annoys me to no end now.

You know those reasons are why I ended up quitting WoW full time for EQ2. I would login, queue up for BGs then start broadcasting LFG on the dumb LFG channels (why do they refuse to add a LFG menu system?). I would end up sitting for hours at a time farming herbs waiting for the BG queue or finding a group.  Before the BGs at least you could jump to TM/SS and get right into PVP. Even with the new cross-server BGs it sucks for alliance, at least on my server since our battle group is like 7 servers, 2 of which are new and all of which have more alliance than horde across the board.

Anyway, to me it sounds like you got into a guild that's pretty anti-social.

Nightly I group with guildies to advance quests, raid or just help someone get some EXP.  Infact just last night we added a new player to the guild that hadn't gotten the MoA quest line done before and since we're doing the MoA raid trial today we ran them through all the pre-raid events. Some level ranges are hard to find groups at (pre-55ish I'd say) depending on when you play and what class you play.

I play healers (70 templar/defiler/fury) and a group oriented player. Asside from the fury, solo was pretty much out.

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

this game is solo friendly although only to the extent of leveling really.  You will still need groups to do certain things and raids to do end game.

in games like this pugs or pick up groups can be a pain to get when your new.  It works off your reputation on the server.  My monk can get a group rather quickly becuase alot of people know her and know she can play her roles well.  Now take my new little fury, she is new, no one knows her, so they are more disinclined to invite her.  A few pugs later that were desperate for a healer, word got around that this fury of mine was a good healer.  Slowly but surely her lfg wait times get smaller and smaller.

In all honesty the time i played eq2 i was in a guild and never grouped with most of them.  Some were of diff level or some wanted to do diff things that i did not, so pugs were my main grouping.  I did not hate my guild nor was i ever anti social to them, just did what i had to do in order to get things done.

End note you guys in guilds saying get a better guild, or i only group with guildies are full of themselves.  At some point they got in this guild or learned of them by doing a pug with the guild. So go build your reputation up and the lfg will get easier, just takes time.