Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you seen Smedly in RL?

Comments

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

Originally posted by Wildcat84

Originally posted by MrArchy

I would fart in his general direction and tell him his mother smelled of elderberries.

And his father was a hamster and he should leave before we taunt him a second time.

I could've sworn it was "You mother is a hamster, and your father smells of elderberries"

Not that it matters.

Me, I'd probably tackle him, and hold him on the ground until he promised to bring our game back.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• milton1970milton1970 Member Posts: 347

I'd get a stick and shove it down the back of my neck, with the bit poining out of the top I'd attach a couple of pieces of card with "PreCU Refugee" and "Master Bounty Hunter" so you could read it above my head. I'd get a yellow hairdryer to represent my Geo pistol and a helium filled baloon with a few markings to make it look like a bomb droid.

I'd then attack him like a purile nutter, giving a few pistol whip animations as I ran round him in circles shouting "forwardslasheyeshot" etc etc until they took me away in a nice comfortable padded ambulance.

• BogdawsonBogdawson Member Posts: 202

i would laugh, point at him and shout "look it's the guy who blew off millions of dollars for a phantom player base" and then say "dumb ass"

• KillerJimmyKillerJimmy Member Posts: 216

Originally posted by Antarious

I played Earth and Beyond.. till EA shut it down.

lol EA. I was in the beta for E&B and decided to walk pretty early. I didn't realize EA had shut it down completely. Here's a short version of my mental game companies list:

Blacklisted: $OE, EA, DICE...

Greylisted: Korean Game Companies, Blizzard...

Happylisted: Bioware...

• RappletekRappletek Member Posts: 70

ask for his job, then actually try to fix things.

edit spelling

World of Darkness its coming are you excited?

• royalpenaltyroyalpenalty Member Posts: 312

weird, i was actually temp banned from this site for threatening the Smedster in a post.  now theres a whole thread about it?

i would

/tar Smedley

/throwdown

/deathblow

then i'd run to the cloner and camp his sorry ass.  in order to let him live he would have to pay back the $2000 i spent on SWG or give us classic servers.  not negotiable.

SWG ADDICT...clean since the NGE

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

I'm not the kinda guy that loose my temper in front of people...as long as you don't ask that major that I went ballistic on, and my CO had to drag my private arse away from him, in fear of me REALLY telling him what I meant...

I would walk up to him, Smedley that is.

Then I would pull out 25$(AAP) from my pocket.

"see these Smeddler? You used to earn these every month from me and 200 of my friends."

Then I would light those 25$'s on fire.

"And this what you did with those $'s you earned from me and my 200 friends."

Then I would smile.

"You have a choice Smeddler. Either keep working get imaginary dollars from a imaginary playerbase that likes the NGE, or go back to work on getting those 25$'s from the playerbase that was not imaginary."

Then I would nod at him.

"Have a nice day Smeddler, may you either do the right thing or go down in gaming history as the one that could not get a Star Wars MMORPG to work"

imageThe last of the Trackers

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by royalpenalty

weird, i was actually temp banned from this site for threatening the Smedster in a post.  now theres a whole thread about it?

Not everyone is threatening him...

I am surprised that this thread hasn't been removed yet, though.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by royalpenalty

then i'd run to the cloner and camp his sorry ass.

Not that I condone non-videogame violence of any sort, but that is really funny.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• BonzarBonzar Member Posts: 176
    I guess I'd hug the poor sap, since most of you are going to humiliate him. Not that I don't appreciate your stance, fellas/fella-ettes. I'm just saying, as an Asian, it's my job to maintain the Yiin and the Yang.

I would probably ask him, while hugging, why he's not changing things back. I don't even play SWG, never have, and I still want a chance to give the Pre-CU/NGE a go.

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Umm guys,

I just want to remind you that, like him or not, this is a real person you're talking about here. I realize that some of this is "all in good fun", but seriously, you can't just threaten violence against another person, whether you like him or not.

I'm not going to hand out any warnings at this point, since I know that this kind of thing has happened in the past, but I did want to remind everyone that there is an actual person behind that name. While it's ok to disagree with him, or with his business practices, it seems like maybe this is crossing some kind of line.

Cheers,

Jon

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Stradden

Umm guys,
     I just want to remind you that, like him or not, this is a real person you're talking about here. I realize that some of this is "all in good fun", but seriously, you can't just threaten violence against another person, whether you like him or not.
    I'm not going to hand out any warnings at this point, since I know that this kind of thing has happened in the past, but I did want to remind everyone that there is an actual person behind that name. While it's ok to disagree with him, or with his business practices, it seems like maybe this is crossing some kind of line.
    Cheers,
    Jon

Yeah, the line between adulthood and pre-school :P

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Umm guys,
    Cheers,
    Jon

I am sure no one means anything by what is being said.  I certainly don't.  Frankly, I wouldn't want to talk to Smed myself.  I consider him a lost cause.  If 200,000 lost subscribers haven't taught him that he made a huge mistake nothing will.

We've already done the worst we can possibly do in "revenge".  We no longer give him money and we've given his company the worst name in the industry.

That is sufficient "revenge" to any civilized person.

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    We've already done the worst we can possibly do in "revenge".  We no longer give him money and we've given his company the worst name in the industry.

That is sufficient "revenge" to any civilized person.

And I would be more than happy to be his friend again if he reversed course and gave us pre-CU servers and help him reverse that bad name.  Until then, the press clippings and forum wars taste pretty darn sweet.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Guys, look-- even I do not agree with what he did but still.

I can tell you honestly that he wishes and regrets where we are right now with this game.

Trust me, no business man or person wanted this to happen.  

I am still pissed about it, mad at him for his choices but I think he has learned from this.

In fact I will bet on it.   Give him credit, he called it a mistake, failure whatever else you want to take from it but I promise you that anything we say is NOTHING compared to the stockholders and higher ups he reports to.

He cannot post anything like this on the SOE boards, it would cause the NGE fanbase to go ape shit.   I do wish he could debate this but it would be a flame war and I would be leading it even though I would try not to.  

Like I said, I do not forget what he did but I have had dialog that did earn my respect back for him.  I just think there is alot more to this whole mess then we may ever find out.

I can also tell you that LEC is just as much to blame as well, do not think they did this alone... LEC has thier hand in this mess too.   This was more or less a poor business choice, concept and idea.   The team at SOE that chose this path should not be there maybe now, that is for sure... but at this late stage in the game, honestly they need to just ride this out.

Someone will make a new game and not make the same mistake as the NGE is.  Anyone that has taken one or two business classes has the common sense to see that the NGE is a utter failure, I mean this is a old plain and simple fact.   The question is now what to do?   -- The only real choice is run it's course, invest little to no money in it and play it by ear.   This last promo was expansion with the (Total package) product.   You won't see any major expansions for it, if anything you will get content in the game that is basic or shell based, not a huge one again.

We can only hope someone is making another or at least in concept.   I just hope someone learned from this.

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by iskareot

In fact I will bet on it.   Give him credit, he called it a mistake, failure whatever else you want to take from it but I promise you that anything we say is NOTHING compared to the stockholders and higher ups he reports to.

I have not seen a post by Smedley anywhere stating that the NGE was a mistake.  The closest I have seen is them stating that the timing and communication of the NGE was the mistake.  That doesn't cut it for me.  The timing and communication of how the NGE was released were definately a problem, but the fact that they knowingly pushed the NGE to live when it would upset their current paying customers is the biggest problem.  If you can point to an official post or press clipping where SOE has admitted this, I would greatly accept it.  Any other communication, for example a private email, is useless to me.

He cannot post anything like this on the SOE boards, it would cause the NGE fanbase to go ape shit.   I do wish he could debate this but it would be a flame war and I would be leading it even though I would try not to.  

I disagree.  Much of those that still post there would be very happy to see SOE admit that the NGE itself was a mistake.  The true reason that he can't post such a thing on the SOE boards is because he might have to follow up with a reason why they can't put up a pre-NGE server, like maybe because of legal issues, many would lose hope and cancel.  This would probably be enough of a loss that it would cause SWG to go completely under.

Depending on whatever contract they have with LucasArts, they might be forced to keep SWG going even if it becomes massively unprofitable.

I can also tell you that LEC is just as much to blame as well, do not think they did this alone... LEC has thier hand in this mess too.   This was more or less a poor business choice, concept and idea.   The team at SOE that chose this path should not be there maybe now, that is for sure... but at this late stage in the game, honestly they need to just ride this out.

I am not forgetting LEC in this either.  However, it was SOE that had MMO experience.  It was SOE that developed the NGE.  It was SOE that pushed such an incomplete game to live servers.  It might have been LEC that forced SOE to do so, but it was SOE that lied to me.

As for LucasArts.  I've lost nearly all respect for them.  And this says a lot, because I grew up absolutely in love with what LA had done with Star Wars.

If Smedley was simply in charge of SWG I would say he should just resign from the mess and try to improve his image by telling us all what REALLY happened.  But, my guess is most of the gaming industry still looks up to him anyhow.  He has two Everquests, an MxO, a PlanetSide, and an upcoming DC Comics MMO.  Contrary to what people here say, he is not a laughing stock.  He still lords over one of the largest MMORPG providers in the world and is a player to be reckoned with.

So we can ridicule him all we want, but at the end of the day I ask:  How many dollars did your MMORPG company make today?

What happened with SWG was stupid, and stupid decisions were made by him, whether forced or not.  That does not make him stupid, just human.  Personally, my anger is with the actions he authorized, not with the man himself.  I will take pleasure from every little bad thing that happens to SWG as a reminder to him that he still has time to try and fix this with pre-CU servers.  Call it tough love.

Also, thanks Mr. Smedley for learning this lesson for us wannabes.  I am glad I will not have to experience it myself.

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893

If I saw SmedleyTron on teh streets?  I would probably stand in his way, not touching him, but maneuvering to be in front of him at all times.  And I would yell, "Hey Everybody!  This guy is a phony!  A big fat phony!"

Thanks Family Guy.

• ReachwindReachwind Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by Wakizashi

If I saw SmedleyTron on teh streets?  I would probably stand in his way, not touching him, but maneuvering to be in front of him at all times.  And I would yell, "Hey Everybody!  This guy is a phony!  A big fat phony!"

Thanks Family Guy.

That's rad.

Former SWG beta tester and player

• n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523
    Well, I actually would propably ask to buy him dinner so I could talk it out with him over what he was thinking with the NGE.

Seriously, I really want to know what was in the man's head.

NGE Refugee.

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

see's smed...(runs to his car pulls out his light saber and jedi robe and cloak puts it on.. follows him to the SOE building.. use the force to open it.. walk in then close. use force to close all the exits.. then turn on my lightsaber and kill every single SOE/ LA in there.. then go to the sunset of the sun and cry. and think what i done..

then see my girl friend come to the SOE building and ask her to join me.. and together we will rule SOE / LA

after i hace control of SOE/LA i'll go to my car.. put my lightsaber and jedi cloak and robe in it and go home till tomorrow then come back and fix SWG

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

• Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Umm guys,
    Cheers,
    Jon

I was going to say something like this....but he got it.  ;)  QFE
  • Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Originally posted by Nasedoo

see's smed...(runs to his car pulls out his light saber and jedi robe and cloak puts it on.. follows him to the SOE building.. use the force to open it.. walk in then close. use force to close all the exits.. then turn on my lightsaber and kill every single SOE/ LA in there.. then go to the sunset of the sun and cry. and think what i done..
    then see my girl friend come to the SOE building and ask her to join me.. and together we will rule SOE / LA
    after i hace control of SOE/LA i'll go to my car.. put my lightsaber and jedi cloak and robe in it and go home till tomorrow then come back and fix SWG

That was kinda weird man.  Not that weird isn't good.....just.....

weird.

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714

$med fills me with the urge to deficate..................................

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664
    smedly does not really exsit... he is fake....

This discussion has been closed.