Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soo since SWG is a bust, what up coming game do you plan on playing?

2»

Comments

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    Waiting for Fallen Earth, Divergence Online and The Chronicle.

It's going to be a long wait...

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643

Fantasy Football.

Also considering trying another run through Hearts of Iron 1 & 2, but there are only sooooo many times you can enjoy leading the Germans to nuclear tech in 1945 and obliterating the big Red machine.

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• Apache_Apache_ Member Posts: 168

Im waiting on STO.   But its still a long way off.

Since the NGE I have been playing WoW (ironcic dont you think?), but have tried EVE, CoH/CoV and Guild Wars.  I was looking forward to Vanguard, but then SoE got involved, so I scratched that idea.

Although Im still curious as to what Bioware has been up to...

• KehnKehn Member Posts: 180

I'm having fun with Infinity's Combat Prototype.  I took and cropped a screenshot of me in a Carrier (largest ship players can control in the prototype) next too a Battleship.  The ships aren't textured and I had to turn off shaders, but I still think it looks pretty good.  The fighters are much smaller.

Infinity's Battleship and Carrier

The best part is that the ships fly well (based on Newtonian physics with computer assisted thrusters.)  I wasn't a fan of JTL's ship control.  It felt sort of like driving a biplane in a confined box of space to me.  The combat prototype is also a confined space but the actual game should make Eve look small.  You'll also be able to go anywhere including seemless transitions down to planets (no loading/gating.)

• LilTLilT Member Posts: 631

Originally posted by majoch
    I am thinking Hero's Journey may be a nice diversion.

Thats the one im looking at right now. Not looking forward to, but just cautiously watching.

LoTR is guaranteed to be a disapointment and Vanguard can kiss my ass.

I just cant get excited about a Star Trek game.

I was looking forward to DnL until they showed themselves as more incompetent than Helios and crew. And then Roma Victor looked great until I saw the payment method. I may even have played it if it hadnt have been a disasterous launch.

Safe to say, Im not holding my breath about any game coming out.

For the Horde!

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    lol...

well i am psyched about vanguard....its pretty much everything i am looking for in a MMORPG

yes flame away.....but it looks very complexed, challenging and fun to me!

• viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

I'v not done much reading on it TBH but star gate worlds looks ok i think ill give that a try also STO looks ok so it will be one or the other

oh had V:soh not soldout i would have played that no questions asked

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy

just wondering how Vanguard sold out? soe is not doing the programming or holding any creative rights. they are just doing the accounting and hosting. the actual IP and programming is still solely in the hands of the Sigil crew

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    I am going to play Age of Conan. There is so many great ideas in it, and graphics look great, IMHO it CANNOT fail.
    Guild's cities, city vs city combat (sieges), mounted combat, 6-directional combo attacks (including chopping of heads ), bar-room brawls (levels don't matter in fist-to-fist fighting), and the fact that will be mature orientated (not to be sold to minors)... Really nothing else compares.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    At the moment I am playing EQ2.  I'm probably going to jump to NWN2 though when it comes out and hopefully get a lot of play out of that.

• GorairGorair Member Posts: 959

www.websudoku.com

that place is evil.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Originally posted by miagisan
    just wondering how Vanguard sold out? soe is not doing the programming or holding any creative rights. they are just doing the accounting and hosting. the actual IP and programming is still solely in the hands of the Sigil crew

Now watch SOE buy it from under Sigil. Nothing surprises me anymore. I remember a year ago you would see all these articles stating that it was the WoW killer. Now not so much lol. SOE having there name on it killed that fast. I think they will do fine in their own SOE world since the station pass players will flock to it in droves, as for WoW players flocking to play it, that may never happen.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GozzarGozzar Member UncommonPosts: 387
    WAR in a year ^^... maybe cheak out The Chronicles of Spellborn now.. 

• NiksenNiksen Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by Zaush
    I have searched the far depths to find a SCI FI MMORPG that is complex, intresting, non PVP centric and with a classic RPG combat system. To many games these days are either FPS or twitch combat, overly simplistic, or PvP oriented. SWG Pre CU was the perfect match for me.

Sadly I am a man with out a game. If SoR had pets and creature handling I would be happy. The only hope I have is the ducks. :(

Amen brother
    so your just assuming cause soe is hosting it its gonna go in the crapper...ahh i see......

personally it looks great and has some pre cu elements and non combat elements which are really impressive (bards changing their songs and components on the fly for different situations, player cities, the level of detail they will have in decorating.....etc....). other than Vanguard..everything else to me looks like the same ole cookie cutter.....COnan looks ok but i just dont see the hype. Was like RF online and DnL. Hyped up until played, with stuff supposedly going to be state of the art and outside the norm but failing miserably.

While fantasy mmos are a dime a dozen, and i hate fantasy mmos...this looks pretty good (to me). If you have your own opinions, i dont deny them.....but soe in the past hasnt done a BAD (use that term loosely) job...EXCEPT for the NGE which is horrendous. EQ2/EQ1 are still very playable and well made games (never played mxo) and i know alot of people who still play planetside.

• BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Actually looking forward to Gods and Heroes or Vanguard, but leaning more towards G&H since it's the genre is a bit different.
    havent really looked into G&H....but curious now 

/runs off to looky

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924
    STO.  Sick of Fantasy genre.  All the games feel the same. Want a sci fi genre game but not swg the makes no sense everyone is a jedi knight game fighting luke, vader the emporer but mysteriously yodi is missing because even he hates swg.