Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honesty Not Always the Best Policy

Tuor7Tuor7 Member UncommonPosts: 820

So, I get an email of the Beta Newsletter for Vanguard: SoH. I'm like, "Huh?" Since I *did* register in their forums and posted there a bit before they went to the Dark (SOE) Side, and I applied for Beta back then, I thought maybe I had somehow gotten chosen for Beta.

I was happy about that. I've never been in a Beta, and even though I had expressed some very strong dislike for the decision Sigil made in jumping ship to SOE, I decided I would check out the Beta and see if I could help. Not because it was Vanguard, but because I had actually been invited to a Beta.

I had access to the Beta forums and looked around a bit, found out how to request the download info, and sent off the email as the forum post instructed. (BTW, I'm not going to divulge anything I saw on the Beta forums, so don't ask.)

Two days later, today, I get the following email:

'Greetings,

Due to an error your forums account was flagged for beta forums access. This was not intentional and all of your access to the beta forums will be removed.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your cooperation.'

Talk about "In your face!"

So, honesty is not always the best policy. OTOH, I wasn't planning on telling anyone what I saw there anyway. The only reason I'm posting this now is because I'm *not* in Beta, and can't be hammered for telling people that.

I hope you guys find this as amusing as I did.

Comments

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Betas are boring anyways IMO.

...Though out of habit I sign up for everyone

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.