Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another excellent patch

velebnicekvelebnicek Member UncommonPosts: 85

So, they fixed 1 (ONE !) Elementalist bug  out of a dozen or so of all elementalist bugs. (After they broke it 2 weeks ago)

And while doing that they broke the class again and removed one skill.

There are 2 essential skills. One protects you from taking certain percentage of attacks and another slows attackers and gives a bonus to armor. Whenever those skills stop working you have to start being very careful and better run away from mobs before you can recast them. Now the skill indicator has gone missing. So you have no idea when you should start running away.

Such bug is OBVIOUS to anybody who logs to game for 1 minute. Another proof that nobody tests patches and they simply patch anything they get from koreans.

Comments

• wormstlawormstla Member Posts: 42

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135397

That's not only thing they fixed on new patch.

There rumor that there is another server running by devs. which is closed beta where they do testing patches only.

When you start up game, it shows another server. Just that we can't get in.

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

They're practising for the 'miracle patch',otherwise called 'Release'.

You'll have to Pay to Pray (The Bugs Are Gone) I'm afraid,Archlord lovers.

At least they're trying to fix what they broke. Other companies might have just not tried until release.

• StewkerStewker Member Posts: 35

They have added more bugs, like the OP discussed. Example: The buff list is now broken. You use a buff... it doesn't show up on the right of your screen as it is supposed.

EDIT: And yes they are trying to fix what was broken (which is good)  but they are making an uphill battle even steeper by adding more bugs ever time they patch.

• wormstlawormstla Member Posts: 42

Having another problem while fixing one problem happends to all beta-games. Not only AL but other major titles to.

CM is not testing everything on their own, and they are having beta testers to test patches instead. I guess that speed up time (since there more beta tester than cm staff and devs.) to find problems.

I see alot of works are being done by dev. and most of known bugs are already on forum or reported. I will be looking forward to see the retail version. Per Ktat, he promised bug free version of retail so I'm being patience.

By the way, I see hype of this game doing downhill. I personaly blame this to annoying leecher beta-testers who make this kind of thread with above mentioned title. They are either leechers who just wanna play games for free and complains or elementary kids who can't see dev. are working their ass off to fix the problems.

This kind of thread should be in AL beta-test forums and bug list forum instead of this site.

I highly suggest to close this thread.

• velebnicekvelebnicek Member UncommonPosts: 85

Originally posted by wormstla
    Having another problem while fixing one problem happends to all beta-games. Not only AL but other major titles to.

I haven't seen a beta adding 5x more bugs for 1 bug fixed. And that's exactly what's happening in AL 1 week before release.

CM is not testing everything on their own, and they are having beta testers to test patches instead

If you think the above is true, than CM are TOTALY CRAZY. Letting OPEN BETA players find obvious bugs 1 week beforfe release is a very bad publicity stunt.
    They had to change AL in Korea to Free to Play soon after release. Because they weren't able to fix those many bugs.
    And guess what, ppl noticed them and stopped playing.

I see alot of works are being done by dev. and most of known bugs are already on forum or reported

Great. Just because bugs are on forum or reported does not meen they will ever be fixed.
    MOST of the bugs I reported 1 MONTH AGO when I was invited to closed beta are still ingame. I already mentioned that for 1 fixed bug 10-20 other bugs are still there. And new bugs appear after every "patch". Just go check any "bug" thread on AL forum.
    Things that already worked got broken, then they got fixed 2 WEEKS later only to get broken again next week.

. I will be looking forward to see the retail version. Per Ktat, he promised bug free version of retail so I'm being patience.

If you played MMOs for a few years, you would not be that "optimistic".
    The bugfixing and improving that you see in (open) beta is in 99% the same preformance you see after retail.

By the way, I see hype of this game doing downhill. I personaly blame this to annoying leecher beta-testers who make this kind of thread with above mentioned title.

Yeah, blaming ppl for seeing a pile of dung and not crying HALLELUJAH.
    Of course it goes downhill.

They are either leechers who just wanna play games for free and complains or elementary kids who can't see dev. are working their ass off to fix the problems.
    This kind of thread should be in AL beta-test forums and bug list forum instead of this site.

1) I have closed-beta tested several CM games in last years, so show your "wanna play for free" elsewhere
    2) This kind of thread belongs here as a warning "possible good game burried by incompetent devs and bad publisher"

I highly suggest to close this thread.

I highly suggest you go cry in the corner with other rabit AL fanbois and ignore reality.