Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disgruntled Vet Review of Chapter 3

MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Hey all, going through some storage boxes looking for my XP CD's, I found my original SWG CD's, hand book (which made me sad instantly) & some old game cards. One of the cards was unused, so I had a crazy thought: If it still works (it's about 2 years old) I'm going to resub for a month and Review the changes for you all.

Yes, yes, I know... they suck... but I figured there may be a few out there that would apperciate a Refugee's view of the changes, rather then a Fanboi. On top of that, I never transfered my Credits & rares to my GF, and she was ticked...

I won't have a lot of time to do so, being that I'm Beta Testing a few games in my gaming time, but I'm willing to force myself to actually play. Well, I'll at least try... I couldn't even play my pre-paid & was thrilled when it ran out... I hated WoW, so I figure if I don't disconnect in the first 5 minutes, it will all be new to me...

Anyways, if you have particular questions, feel free to shoot'em over...

The Review:

Smuggler-

What can I say? Just WOW it sucks. here we go...

Expertise- The Expertise is disappointing to say the least. The Scoundral section has some good points: Pistol Specialization, Melee Bonus' & the start of Innate Armor, but the Smuggler part is VERY disappointing. Honestly, I was hoping for some Luck focused abilities similar to Fain Death & Last Ditch, but all you get is the same old improved heals, AOE attacks, summon NPC & and interesting but disappointing Fast Talking lines. The Smuggler section of Smuggler real doesn't feel like Smuggler at all, and really doesn't add the feel Smuggler used to have.

Now, I will say that with the Pistol Specialization & Melee bonuses it does make Smuggler closer than any other Profession to Pre-NGE, but it's still far short.

Smuggling- This system is Just SAD. Now, that's the hard truth, but I'll be honest: For a short while, it darn fun. Basiclly, they are nothing but elaborate Delivery missions with a few twist and turns, and they get old fast. Think Legacy Quest... that's basiclly what the feel like, just Smuggler specific. I had fun with the Legacy quest... for all about an hour... drive, kill, drive, deliver, drive, take.... it's the same BS, but with a twist. It does have some neat features, but like the NGE, it just isn't thought out. For example, you can "loot" contriband and examine it to start a mission... ok, all well and good, but basiccly it's nothing but a mission for a junk dealer. Honestly, there was a TON of potential in this system. One could have been a Faction Smuggling system, smuggling items past the other faction. Or even Smuggling players in ships, spices through an Imperial Blockade, or other mini games.

For me, this is just like the GCW... pointless grinding. I think of it like the one Star Port for Restuss... like the other side would let the other land. Or the fact that a guy in full stormy armor can run through a crowd of Rebels chasing NPC's, but there's nothing they can do... Or 2 players in full opposite faction armor can spawn in next to eachother, talk smack, and walk away... the whole game feels like a joke.

I'll be covering more Smuggler & Officer soon.

Last, Fight Clubs are back. How do I know? I was invited into one. Basiclly, a Group of like minded players arrange to kill eachothers Alt's in order to gain Faction, preparing for Rank advancement... WTG Dev's....

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

Comments

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    You are braver than I am.  When I logged out for the last time I couldn't even bring myself to log back in and give away my stuff.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by MX13

Hey all, going through some storage boxes looking for my XP CD's, I found my original SWG CD's, hand book (which made me sad instantly) & some old game cards. One of the cards was unused, so I had a crazy thought: If it still works (it's about 2 years old) I'm going to resub for a month and Review the changes for you all.
    Yes, yes, I know... they suck... but I figured there may be a few out there that would apperciate a Refugee's view of the changes, rather then a Fanboi. On top of that, I never transfered my Credits & rares to my GF, and she was ticked...
    I won't have a lot of time to do so, being that I'm Beta Testing a few games in my gaming time, but I'm willing to force myself to actually play. Well, I'll at least try... I couldn't even play my pre-paid & was thrilled when it ran out... I hated WoW, so I figure if I don't disconnect in the first 5 minutes, it will all be new to me...

Excellent

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    I always regret it within the first few days. It's been like 4 months now I think. That's a long time for me, but it just isn't fun for me anymore.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by tillamook
    I always regret it within the first few days. It's been like 4 months now I think. That's a long time for me, but it just isn't fun for me anymore.

I'm not expecting it to be fun. In fact, if it wasn't free for me, I wouldn't do it.

Truthfully, one of the games I'm BT'ing now has completely won me over, and I'm starting to fall for it. And I don't mean just enjoying it, I mean falling... like when I fell for SWG... the ONLY thing that would cause me to resub permenantly would be a Rollback or Classic Servers.

Originally posted by Obraik

Excellent

Why? You tired of arguing with yourself since so few people are playing?

Excellent

Never!   At least you'll have first person experience about what you're arguing about now though :P

Excellent

Never!   At least you'll have first person experience about what you're arguing about now though :P

I did... I tried changes on my GF's account.... just now, I get to mix things up a bit more, since I'm playing my old toons, not messing with someone elses...

I did... I tried changes on my GF's account.... just now, I get to mix things up a bit more, since I'm playing my old toons, not messing with someone elses...

Getting some of those "OMG you can't make her/him kill that!" complaints eh? :P (kidding, kinda...)

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

i just hope your drinking heavily (or something )..... just for your on sake.   Good luck and if you start to have a bad trip feel free to message me and i will help talk you down.   /cheers  

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

I'm not expecting it to be fun. In fact, if it wasn't free for me, I wouldn't do it.

Truthfully, one of the games I'm BT'ing now has completely won me over, and I'm starting to fall for it. And I don't mean just enjoying it, I mean falling... like when I fell for SWG... the ONLY thing that would cause me to resub permenantly would be a Rollback or Classic Servers.

Ohh do share please, what are you testing that is that good.  Im desperate.  

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Heh, nice story... You just happened to come across some unused game cards that you werent looking for just in time for this publish right? Yes.. with bells on expect.

I bet most of you guys are playing the NGE as we speak.

Originally posted by chlaos

Sorry, I can't... there's NO WAY I'd risk getting kicked out of this Beta... but there is hope coming, rejoice!!!

$10 says it's Vanguard :P

Originally posted by pirrg

Heh, nice story... You just happened to come across some unused game cards that you werent looking for just in time for this publish right? Yes.. with bells on expect.

Actually it was about a week ago... I've been debating it since... Obi's Pro-Pub3 posts over the last 2 days made up my mind for me.

Actually it was about a week ago... I've been debating it since... Obi's Pro-Pub3 posts over the last 2 days made up my mind for me.

O rly?  Did I perk your interest in the game or are you gonna try take me down a peg or two? :P

(servers are still down, forums are my sole late night entertainment for now...)

Bet all you want, I won't say... and try not to put words in my mouth, I don't want the Mods thinking I said something I didn't...

O rly?  Did I perk your interest in the game or are you gonna try take me down a peg or two? :P

(servers are still down, forums are my sole late night entertainment for now...)

I just figured we needed some non-Fanboi Spin  lol...

Take this

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Bet all you want, I won't say... and try not to put words in my mouth, I don't want the Mods thinking I said something I didn't...

It's LOTR.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Take this

You're a sick #$%^&.... oh, IT'S ON!!!

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

I dont see anything wrong with trying publish 3.  Unlike your posts and opinions the majority of the pre-cu crowd is open and unbiast towards the game.  I believe the majority of posters here gave the nge a fair honest walk-through and posted reviews of the NGE.  We dont blindly subscribe to swg and accept its current condition, we are however, willing to see what soe's current game offers and make a fair assessment.  We just dont have high hopes after seeing 30+ publishes in this game having very little postive results.  Sorry if we are jaded against soe and there publishes and spin talk.  I believe everyone here has heard ALOT of soe bull over the years. 

I believe the player is doing what he wants and you coming here bashing him amounts to us heading into your forum flaming and saying PRE-CU FTW. SWG is the Suxxor! and yelling at your board posters for playing swg, which I believe was why this forum was split up.  You sir are in violation of the RoC and now reported.

I dont play swg currently.  I will try it again when the rest of the professions have expertise as I said about 25 times in the previous forum.  That doesn't make me a traitor to pre-cu.  It makes me a fair gamer.  You are just flaming and trolling the boards with those types of posts.

Take this

And THIS!!!!

Take this

And THIS!!!!

Hey, your shoes are untied... SMACK!!!!!

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

Take this

And THIS!!!!

Holy crap! I think we might have been seperated at birth! GOOD TASTE!

Love, Sodapop

Take this

And THIS!!!!

Hey, your shoes are untied... SMACK!!!!!

/KICK