Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much are you spending on VERM?

ImpacatusImpacatus Member Posts: 436

Personally, I haven't gotten in game for quite awhile, so my experiences are probably insignificant.  I'm just wondering how much most of you are spending.  Since most of the people who post here a relatively hardcore, the result may be above average.

So just a quick, informal survey.  How many sesterces did you start with?  How many have you bought since then?  How long have you been playing?  How much would you estimate you're worth today?

If you're building an mmorpg, or if you'd like to share ideas or talk about this industry, visit Multiplayer Worlds.

Comments

• siredmondsiredmond Member Posts: 122
    I have spent 0.00 on verm.

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

Originally posted by siredmond
    I have spent 0.00 on verm.

ditto
  • SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094

0 and I still have 3000 ses left.

{(RIP)} SWG

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

If I wasnt too cheap to buy a new set of shoes, I would be down about 2k. as it is, I am about even.

tho i think I will get second account before I hit the VERM, I could use the storage.

• Sir-RealSir-Real Member Posts: 27
    Got 2500ses from pre-order, then just bought 5000 extra to support RB. Never needed them.

• ImpacatusImpacatus Member Posts: 436

So it seems to me that most of us do not have to buy tons of sesterces.  Come to think of it, sesterces are a pretty small part of the game.  Almost everything that can be bought can be produced by players, and in the future everything will, so in theory players could elect as a community to abolish the use of sesterces entirely.

It really doesn't seem like the system's designed to force us to spend money on the VERM.  Does anyone think there's any need for the limit that's been discussed?

If you're building an mmorpg, or if you'd like to share ideas or talk about this industry, visit Multiplayer Worlds.

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452
    i preordered and got 10,000, i now have 7,000 and i havent spent a single penny since. Not with the way the game is atm.

• MMO_ManMMO_Man Member Posts: 666
    Seriously, if no one is buying ingame currency from RB how are they supposed to maintain the game? 

I sleep with a pillow under my gun.

• nobugmenobugme Member Posts: 6

They should have thought of that before they launched it in the current state then shouldn't they?

BTW if anyone has a RV account they don't want then PM the details to me please.

TY

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

Originally posted by nobugme

They should have thought of that before they launched it in the current state then shouldn't they?

BTW if anyone has a RV account they don't want then PM the details to me please.

TY

I doubt you are going to get one because of the liability reasons. Also you would not beable to buy from verm and the person who bought from verm would not want you using thier spent money. Last of all the account is not usless to that person because they can always come back to it to check for improvements.
  • MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Also I doubt you will get one because they are good for life after you buy it. There is no monthly cost to the game.

On topic about Verm. Ive put 0 verm in, I started with 10k ses and I now have 50k+ made myself in game. I dont really think you NEED to buy verm, unless you just dont want to do any crafting at all or you are not good at pvp.

You can make money lots of ways in this game.

-MrDDT

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276
    People have been buying, just not most people. I know a guy that has bought 10accounts and over 300k ses.

Originally posted by MMO_Man
    Seriously, if no one is buying ingame currency from RB how are they supposed to maintain the game? 

-MrDDT

• JetJonJetJon Member Posts: 31

I think I ended up buying up to 25,000 sesterics before I stopped.

I still have 8500 and will probably make most of what I spent back last week when the tar I bought gets sold. (spent 2500 ses on tar, biggest purchase in months)

As I start playing more I will probably make everything I have spent back, its just a small world for a trader right now.

• KemarikKemarik Member Posts: 122

I purchased a little bit of extra money via VERM but have not spent most of it.  I think almost all players in game right now belong to a guild in which internally members supply each other with the necessities.  For instance, a player pursuing the smithing profession may have iron ore, moulds, firewood, poles, handles, food and clothing provided to him while in return he makes tools for everybody in the guild.  The RV world seems to revolve mostly around barter at this point.  People have made things work without lots of currency changing hands.  The addition of many more new professions, skills, and resources as well as a greatly expanded geographic territory may change this over time but who knows?