Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You have GOT to see this tester made video

Comments

• wyzwunwyzwun Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by Stellos

Originally posted by †WaRGaMeS†
    It's been stated several times by developers all over the place that combat is not finished and is far from it.  The motion detection still has to be implemented and so does parry and contact animation. 

Exactly.  For you guys complaining about combat animation you have no clue what you're talking about.  The video demonstrated great graphics inside structures and ouside.  The video is a Beta 3 video you ignorant trolls.  The video looked magnificent for what it was displaying.  We also got a great peek as to where the process is at in the area of combat, and it appears to be coming along good. 

Thanks Brad, keep them coming I love to see the process since I haven't been invited into beta ...yet

I’m not complaining, I’m observing what I am seeing,

Let me CLUE you in, if they don’t want people to give them constructive criticism then DON’T RELEASE THE VIDEO. I have no reason to believe they will fix the physics issues when BM past games HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS. THEY HAD THESE PROBLEMS IN BETA; THEY HAD THE SAME ISSUES IN LIVE… SO HERE IS YOUR CLUE, NOW GTFO. I complain right NOW because, I would like to see BM fix he’s PAST mistakes. They bring this criticism on themselves. (caps is to get the attention of the mentally challenged, which I have to say, is VAST)

You sheep just follow, its people like you who just follow and quote the last Vanboi, and if devs listen to you people the game will be EQ 2.5

So once again the WyzWun drops the knowledge on the MMO choobs, the ones who have no clue and no experience in this genre… holla at me youngin.

Rites of the Four Horsemen
    http://www.rotfh.com

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by anarchyart

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

What niche is this game trying to fill? Is the fantasy MMORPG market big enough to lure people away from WoW with graphics alone?

Ugh, ok, that's it. I've been nice for a long time and I had a long day so the gloves are off.

WoW is CRAP! It's a fisher price game for MMORPG n00bs who don't have the attention span to play a real MMORPG. The crafting is like putting together a snap-together model and the PVP is meaningless. The game didn't even exist 2 years ago and you're treating it like it's the granddaddy. Well guess what, it's not. It might have changed the face of gaming but it's still the new kid on the block. Remember what happened to them?

Ok, rant over. WoW is an amazing game, but let's not give it too much credit. Sure, it's making a ton of Blizzard shareholders fat and happy, but it's merely an EQ clone you can solo to the top level, with a Cartoon skin and the Warcraft name. That's it.

Vanguard is going for something a bit deeper and meaningful, that's all I can say for now.

I nearly laughed myself to death on that last sentence.  "Deeper and Meaningful", next you'll probably be claiming it's a revolutionary MMO.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• WheskyWhesky Member Posts: 125

MMORPG market just looks confused after WoW.. 6 million, a game dont need that many players to function well. And all that crap " Vanguard is gonna be a WoW killer" its really annoying, Vanguard is a game of its own, as someone said "VSOH doesn't need to compete with WoW".

I for one think WoW is crap, its fun the first time.

The videos looked nice, didnt remind me of SWG at all.

Yay for Vanguard!

SWG, Eve, Planetside 2, EQN, Star Citizen

• lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570

My new standard answer towards all of those that bash these games, and piss and moan about, SOE, Sigil, Brad, etc.. is going to be.

"For those of you unsatisfied with Vanguard, and the like, I am going to be designing a new MMO for you, it's not really an RPG though...well kind of, you will be playing a troll. It's called Troll wars, and it is a forum based flame war. It is semi PvP, every successful flame can lower your oponents respect value, but a failed flame will lower your respect value.  The graphics will test even the most exspensive integrated video card. The miniumum computer specs will be a 166mhz, with 16 mb ram, and atleast a 4 gb hard drive. This is an online game only and will require a modem, atlease a 14.8k modem, if you try to connect with a 1200 baud, you will be disconnected..and or flamed."

I will release beta testing information in a future post.

Sorry if I just stole customers from you Sigil.

Not so nice guy!

Ugh, ok, that's it. I've been nice for a long time and I had a long day so the gloves are off.

LOL, take off the rainjacket too! show them you mean business!

Not so nice guy!

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

I can't say I disagree with you about WoW and your fisher price comparo. I'm just playing the devils advocate in this case. I really do hope Vangaurd turns out to be all you (and me, if it really is as deep as some say) hope for. I suppose if I were to reword my observation, it would be that yes, Vangaurd appears to be deeper than WoW, but depth seems to scare people (and publishers). That's why I asked what niche this game is trying to fill. It would seem, that the majority of MMO subbers (6 bajillion WoW players) are not super keen on a game you need to truly invest yourself into. Which makes us, the ones who enjoy the 'virtual worlds' the minority. Which leads me to believe Vanguard is not going to be 'the WoW killer'. I personally don't care if the game I play has 6 million other players, as long as the server I play on is well populated and up to date, but I think publishers (certain ones in particular) might see it differently.
    Before WoW, 200,000 was a big success. WoW's success has obviously made some developers/publishers greedy in the past. Since Vanguard seems to be targeted for the more hardcore of the MMO players, I have to wonder if the powers that be are ok with settling for less business.
    I obviously haven't played VSoH, and look forward to trying it out. I have to hypothisise that the extra depth,  isn't going to sell this game to the WoW crowd. Strip away the 'virtual world', which is a percieved roadblock to marketing to the WoW crowd, and this game looks to the average person like a WoW clone with better graphics.
    Now don't take this the wrong way, I'm a big Koster MMO design fan. I'm just interested how this is going to be percieved by the mainstream, and how the Publisher tries to gain and retain subscriptions.
    Just my musings I guess.

Great post, glad you elaborated on what you were thinking.

While I don't think they are specifically marketing to the WoW crowd, I do think they are hoping to pry away a few fans who are looking for something a bit deeper, more substantial. Wingbane on my WoW server levelled to 60 in 16 days. This was on a brand new server so no twinking of any kind. That's just too fast for any MMORPG.

I'm only assuming, but I don't think you'll be able to plower through Vanguard in 16 days. I like that.

• disstressdisstress Member Posts: 417

[quote]Originally posted by Aradune
    [b]
    Please download www.bradmcquaid.com/MiniVideoFromTester.avi -- it's incredible.
    Another one that shows group combat levels 20+ is also pretty impressive, iIMHO:
    www.bradmcquaid.com/VG-SpiderBluffs.avi
    For a full list of videos and such, check out this thread:
    [url=http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70905]
    But do yourself a favor and at least download the 2 above.
    thanks!
    [/b][/quote]

Honestly, the first viedo started out with some nice envionment shots, nothing groundbreaking. The combat in the second video made me sleepy. The combat in the first video was horrid.

I kind of liked the shots of the UI, hopefully it is customizable.

I really hope that this game does well, however it lost me many months ago. I am seeing the same things, nothing new, no reason to quit *insert game name here* and buy this monster, especially since SOE is involved (flame on, I don't care.)

I realize that you cannot convey your "vision" into some simple video caputres, but I really am not feeling any excitment from those movies. I am really glad that you are back in the mix again, so to speak, but to people that were not hardcore EQ fans, this isn't an exciting feat.

You have a huge fanbase, IMO larger than Richard Garriott's, will this alone make people excited about the game?
    I don't think so. The hardcore audience (ala FOH and the like) really need to be kidnapped from WoW and hopefully this will do it.

I am really curious though, how this game will be more challenging that many of the Korean MMOs currently available (to the best of my knowledge it is being billed as challenging.) One such game comes to mind, Lineage][. Lineage][ is a very hardcore game, and it is very beautiful (I am speaking of the Lineage][ beta-Chron I--thats all I played)

I won't play this but I wish you guys all the luck in the world. Hopefully noone has problems stumbling through my incomplete thoughts in this post, and don't take my statements personal, they are MY opinions.

• mp3man4mp3man4 Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by wyzwun

Let me CLUE you in, if they don’t want people to give them constructive criticism then DON’T RELEASE THE VIDEO. I have no reason to believe they will fix the physics issues when BM past games HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS. THEY HAD THESE PROBLEMS IN BETA; THEY HAD THE SAME ISSUES IN LIVE… SO HERE IS YOUR CLUE, NOW GTFO. I complain right NOW because, I would like to see BM fix he’s PAST mistakes. They bring this criticism on themselves. (caps is to get the attention of the mentally challenged, which I have to say, is VAST)

So once again the WyzWun drops the knowledge on the MMO choobs, the ones who have no clue and no experience in this genre… holla at me youngin.

Question #1-- does BM = Bowel Movement and if it does, did it cause hemroids?
    Question #2-- Lrn2Grammer?  The english language.  Try it; it helps. :)

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by disstress

I really hope that this game does well, however it lost me many months ago. I am seeing the same things, nothing new, no reason to quit *insert game name here* and buy this monster, especially since SOE is involved (flame on, I don't care.)

heh, i love it when people pull the "it has nothing new to offer" card but yet i couldn't help but notice you are a war fanboi....does that game offer something new?

did wow offer something new when it was released? that is a old and tired argument and to answer your question yes it is offering lots of things that are new.

try reading about the game and the features it has and tell me if wow or L2 already has those features because they don't. and don't get me wrong i am also anticipating warhammer but don't come here saying that you don't like vanguard and it wont be successful because it wont offer anything new when you are a freaking war fanboi.

Originally posted by baphamet

heh, i love it when people pull the "it has nothing new to offer" card but yet i couldn't help but notice you are a war fanboi....does that game offer something new?

did wow offer something new when it was released? that is a old and tired argument and to answer your question yes it is offering lots of things that are new.

try reading about the game and the features it has and tell me if wow or L2 already has those features because they don't. and don't get me wrong i am also anticipating warhammer but don't come here saying that you don't like vanguard and it wont be successful because it wont offer anything new when you are a freaking war fanboi.

why is he a WAR fanboy? because he has a sig? Your the last person on this board that should be calling anyone a fanboy. really, i just laughed out loud when i saw that... the head Vanboi on the forums throwing around "fanboy" like he has a CLUE or something... like he's all hip... and hardcore, same guy who's an avid WoW player...

"Nuff Said"

Originally posted by mp3man4

Question #1-- does BM = Bowel Movement and if it does, did it cause hemroids?
    Question #2-- Lrn2Grammer?  The english language.  Try it; it helps. :)

cool, another null post, dont you have an MC raid to go to or something?

why is he a WAR fanboy? because he has a sig? Your the last person on this board that should be calling anyone a fanboy. really, i just laughed out loud when i saw that... the head Vanboi on the forums throwing around "fanboy" like he has a CLUE or something... like he's all hip... and hardcore, same guy who's an avid WoW player...
    "Nuff Said"

sorry that you didn't actually understand the logic behind my post witch i highly doubt you even read. i don't even know why you come to this forum, all you do is insult people and get posts deleted witch I'm sure you are quite due for.

reread my post and you will understand my point, he thinks that vanguard will struggle because it will supposedly "offer nothing new" when it is obvious he is a warhammer fanboi by looking at his sig witch is ironic because that game doesn't offer anything new really either.

sorry that you cant understand that point, witch i know doesn't matter because you are just here to start flame wars as usual. BTW i meant no disrespect by calling him a "fanboi" sorry you don't approve of my choice for words....hes a fan of warhammer and that is what i meant.

and just as i say in every post i respond to you with....dont bother replying with some new insult or pointless flame because i will not respond, have a great day!

• Distortion0Distortion0 Member Posts: 668

Originally posted by lordtwisted

My new standard answer towards all of those that bash these games, and piss and moan about, SOE, Sigil, Brad, etc.. is going to be.

"For those of you unsatisfied with Vanguard, and the like, I am going to be designing a new MMO for you, it's not really an RPG though...well kind of, you will be playing a troll. It's called Troll wars, and it is a forum based flame war. It is semi PvP, every successful flame can lower your oponents respect value, but a failed flame will lower your respect value.  The graphics will test even the most exspensive integrated video card. The miniumum computer specs will be a 166mhz, with 16 mb ram, and atleast a 4 gb hard drive. This is an online game only and will require a modem, atlease a 14.8k modem, if you try to connect with a 1200 baud, you will be disconnected..and or flamed."
       I will release beta testing information in a future post.
     Sorry if I just stole customers from you Sigil.

People will complain it doesn't have crafting.

"Nuff Said"

Did you really laugh out loud? I seriously doubt that. I doubt you laugh much at all with the way you tend to do nothing but slander people in this section. I mean, I do my share of it too, but only when people deserve it. You're here just to piss on everyone, so just go away.

We're here because we're excited about Vanguard. You're just a hater, am I wrong? And just so you know Baphamet does have a clue, if you had one you would know that. Trouble is, I know you know it, you're just too jealous of Vanguard to admit it.

• CrueltylizerCrueltylizer Member UncommonPosts: 58
    The videos look beautiful. The landscapes are big and very detailed.

But some of the models look really dull aswell as the combat.

Honestly, the first viedo started out with some nice envionment shots, nothing groundbreaking. The combat in the second video made me sleepy. The combat in the first video was horrid.

You aren't excited because, here's a shocker, you aren't looking forward to Vanguard. You admitted as much when you said they lost you months ago, so saying you don't like the movies is a moot point at very best.

I find the beta videos to be sheerly amazing and awe inspiring. This is because I love games and Vanguard is just right up my alley. I just can't wait to be in that world. Let's both admit it to ourselves: they could show a Silicon Graphics CGI and say that was the gameplay footage and you would still say "meh". That's because you don't like Vanguard and really don't want to like it.

Hey, I understand, not because I'm anything like you, but because your ilk are a dime a dozen. You're just here to take a few interweb cheap shots. No worries mate, but I won't take pot shots at the game you're in love with because I'm above it and I truly hope for the success of all games. I'm peace like that.

Here's to hoping Warhammer Online will be groundbreaking and not just team WoW.

Funny, when i call Angerr out on hes BS he calls me a flamer, sorry i dont drink the cool aid. You sit here and bash people who are interested in casual friendly games but then you pay blizzard that $15 a month... my problem is you cant have it both ways. You cant sit here and want a hard game but then play the most easy game i have ever seen.

My problem is you and your ilk AA have no right to call anyone a "fanboy" when we all know you both are fanboy defined.

AA, VG will come out... youll probably quit ... and will be back in another forum looking to carry that flag lol. Sheep just need to follow.

Funny, when i call Angerr out on hes BS he calls me a flamer, sorry i dont drink the cool aid. You sit here and bash people who are interested in casual friendly games but then you pay blizzard that $15 a month... my problem is you cant have it both ways. You cant sit here and want a hard game but then play the most easy game i have ever seen.
    My problem is you and your ilk AA have no right to call anyone a "fanboy" when we all know you both are fanboy defined.
    AA, VG will come out... youll probably quit ... and will be back in another forum looking to carry that flag lol. Sheep just need to follow.

why do you pretend that you know anything about me? yes i play wow i think it is a decent game and giving the fact that like 10 of my real life friends play it, it is a good option for me until vanguard comes out.

this is a perfect example of you trying to start crap with me when you have no leg to stand on, i invite you to quote me just one time where i bash anyone for liking casual games.

as a matter of fact, i invite you to quote me for bashing anyone for liking any type of game. i call you a "flamer" because its true, one only needs to look at your posting history as well as all the posts that have been deleted to find that out.

and again i didn't call him a fanboi trying to insult him, i was simply pointing out the fact he is a fan of the game. i know i am a vanguard fanboi as well as a warhammer fanboi.....that does not mean i cannot call out another fan of another game coming in here and contradicting himself.

but keep up the smack talking, keep pretending you know jack !#$% about me and keep pretending i am some elitist fanboi that bashes other people and other games because they are easy, i dare you to find a post where i have done that....good luck! ::::12::

• disstressdisstress Member Posts: 417

Originally posted by baphamet
    Originally posted by disstressI really hope that this game does well, however it lost me many months ago. I am seeing the same things, nothing new, no reason to quit *insert game name here* and buy this monster, especially since SOE is involved (flame on, I don't care.)

A little full of yourself?

For the record I am not a "war fanboi". It's an old sig, I don't come here often.
    Also, I didn't say it(V:SOH) wouldn't be successful, I was pointing out why I am not going to play it.

If you could go ahead and pull head from ass, I didn't say anything about WAR offering anything new either.

A little full of yourself?

For the record I am not a "war fanboi". It's an old sig, I don't come here often.
    Also, I didn't say it(V:SOH) wouldn't be successful, I was pointing out why I am not going to play it.

If you could go ahead and pull head from ass, I didn't say anything about WAR offering anything new either.

heh, fine...just admit that was kind of "funny" that you said that with your sig promoting warhammer, cant you see how that would come off as just a bit contradictory?

again i meant no disrespect and i am not full of myself, i just call em as i see em and i just thought i would point that out.

Your problem is something you have no proper idea about, but I'm not going to tell you because you most certainly won't listen until you realize it yourself.

Since you have said I will quit Vanguard, as if it was within any reasonable idea of sanity for you to even care, I ask you, what game is it that you play so dedicatedly? Calling me a fanboy for liking Vanguard and calling out flaming ******* like yourself, let's hear what game you think is so great, if any.

• StormbaneStormbane Member Posts: 10
    Ok. Checked the movies out. Showed them to some friends that playes MMOs and computer games at work.

Our subjectiv verdict:

The spider movie:

Awful. Looked like a game from yearly 90:s. Generic, uninspired and amateurish in pretty much all aspects. The gameplay looked much like free javabases webgames that was released 10:ish years ago.

The landskapeorgie:

Nice. Really good viewingdistance. Some areas looked abit empty, but if you travel fast enough that might not be a problem. In all a pretty movie, the few scenes with gameplay looked like they didnt belong in the tho, see movie 1.

"Not only do I not give a fuck, but it also gets me hostile at some guy who I could kill with my hands, who, like, gets to wield his fake verbal superiority over me."
    -Henry Rollins

• XanrnXanrn Member Posts: 154
    Hahaha nice try with the "work", try to make us believe your anything but a kid who probably couldn't see past his teddybear for the 90s.

That games look nothing like a game from the 90s, don't talk crap.

Javabase webgames? Did you eat paintchips or something?

Come back when you have a clue.

• StormbaneStormbane Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Xanrn
    Hahaha nice try with the "work", try to make us believe your anything but a kid who probably couldn't see past his teddybear for the 90s.

That games look nothing like a game from the 90s, don't talk crap.

Javabase webgames? Did you eat paintchips or something?

Come back when you have a clue.

I dont really see the point in arguing my age. I accept that you put pride in your age tho.

I thought I was pretty clear when I said the gameplay was pretty much cut n paste from the javagames of the 90:s.

The graphics are blant, lack coherency and, as always imo, any talented art direction but are ofc not anything like the webbased javagames of the 90:s, I dont really understand how you read that into my post.

"Not only do I not give a fuck, but it also gets me hostile at some guy who I could kill with my hands, who, like, gets to wield his fake verbal superiority over me."
    -Henry Rollins

Originally posted by Stormbane
    Ok. Checked the movies out. Showed them to some friends that playes MMOs and computer games at work.

Our subjectiv verdict:

The spider movie:

Awful. Looked like a game from yearly 90:s. Generic, uninspired and amateurish in pretty much all aspects. The gameplay looked much like free javabases webgames that was released 10:ish years ago.

The landskapeorgie:

Nice. Really good viewingdistance. Some areas looked abit empty, but if you travel fast enough that might not be a problem. In all a pretty movie, the few scenes with gameplay looked like they didnt belong in the tho, see movie 1.

Were you even around in the 90's? That was the dumbest attempted insult I have ever seen, In the 90's there were no graphical MMO's. and the single player games were still so pixelated <is that a word?> that you could barely tell a female from a male.

Not so nice guy!