Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A sign SWG is not doing well...

2»

Comments

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Originally posted by Wildcat84

Originally posted by pirrg
    Oh come on guys.. you all know its because of the fact that its so easy to get credits ingame. I think its fantastic news though.

Total spin.  If anything, earning credits is HARDER these days, given that there really is no steady income stream from crafting, buffing, etc, and people aren't grinding tons of 10K payout per person missions a night.

Have you ever seen credit farmers?

A group of 8, 1 player, 7 bots run missions. They were even using an exploit to kill the lair in under a minute. 16 missions x 8 x 10k @ 3 minutes per mission is a lot of cash, around 500k per hour. That is, unless the mission payout is split among players again. It wasn't during the time when credit farming bloomed.

I know the time works from when the lairs were bugged and it took only a few hits to kill them. I could complete a mission every 3 minutes (only 2 obviously at a time).

Farmers have never relied on anything that involves unreliable or fluctuating income. They only run missions.
  • RabiaRabia Member Posts: 622

Originally posted by MX13

When the SCUM of the Galaxy leave...
    I was reading posts on another "Official" Forum, and read about this...
    One major Credit Seller (that I will not name) has posted they will be discontinuing all SWG Credit Selling, and have Bargin-Binned everything SWG...
    It's funny, it's sad, it's good, it's bad....
    Too bad it takes a game dieing to get rid of this scum...
    When the Vultures leave the corpse, it's time to bury the corpse...

I have said this before.... one way to analyize the success of a game is to look at the value of its virtual property on the real world open market.
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by Rabia

One major Credit Seller (that I will not name) has posted they will be discontinuing all SWG Credit Selling, and have Bargin-Binned everything SWG...

I have said this before.... one way to analyize the success of a game is to look at the value of its virtual property on the real world open market.

Well, I saw an Elder Jedi on Ebay for sale for $295... 2 Alts (90 BH & a MAster Crafter) 2 Jet Packs, a NS Bicep, all the special sabers, all the special Crystals (minus Bnar's), Barcs for all alts, all MAster Pilots, YT's & Rendars ship, all Kash ships, 200 mil + credits, and even more stuff.... not ONE bid...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Well, I saw an Elder Jedi on Ebay for sale for $295... 2 Alts (90 BH & a MAster Crafter) 2 Jet Packs, a NS Bicep, all the special sabers, all the special Crystals (minus Bnar's), Barcs for all alts, all MAster Pilots, YT's & Rendars ship, all Kash ships, 200 mil + credits, and even more stuff.... not ONE bid...

On eBay now there's an Elder Jedi at $800 with 13 bids and another at $500 with 1 bid.

Originally posted by Obraik

On eBay now there's an Elder Jedi at $800 with 13 bids and another at $500 with 1 bid.

Then link it...

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

$800 - http://cgi.ebay.com/SWG-Elder-Jedi-Lvl90-Wanderhome-plus-extras_W0QQitemZ250031998422QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    $500 - http://cgi.ebay.com/SWG-Star-Wars-Galaxies-Elder-Jedi-CL90-3-Characters_W0QQitemZ330031059153QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ROFLMAO...

They're Bump Bids noob

The owners bid them up above $250... Look at the bid history next time....

They are?   Shows how much I use eBay :P

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    If someone would give me $200 for my Jedi Padawan (somehow a better title than elder to me)  I'd consider it.

I was once offered $1500 for it, wouldn't part with that toon for anything because of how much of me is in him. 

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

$800 - http://cgi.ebay.com/SWG-Elder-Jedi-Lvl90-Wanderhome-plus-extras_W0QQitemZ250031998422QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    $500 - http://cgi.ebay.com/SWG-Star-Wars-Galaxies-Elder-Jedi-CL90-3-Characters_W0QQitemZ330031059153QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ROFLMAO...

They're Bump Bids noob

The owners bid them up above $250... Look at the bid history next time....

They are?   Shows how much I use eBay :P

Yeh, Obraik... I checked.  Bump bids.  And the second one's a tricky sucker.  He offers to transfer the characters to the purchaser's server of choice without mentioning that the majority of the truely valuable items these characters have won't transfer with the characters.  Talk about a case of buyer beware to those foolish enough to buy someone else's worn out character.