Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A sign SWG is not doing well...

MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

When the SCUM of the Galaxy leave...

I was reading posts on another "Official" Forum, and read about this...

One major Credit Seller (that I will not name) has posted they will be discontinuing all SWG Credit Selling, and have Bargin-Binned everything SWG...

It's funny, it's sad, it's good, it's bad....

Too bad it takes a game dieing to get rid of this scum...

When the Vultures leave the corpse, it's time to bury the corpse...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

Comments

• BrentmeisterBrentmeister Member Posts: 79

If that aint a wake up call, what the Hell would be!

The end is neigh! Repent SOE! Beg forgiveness, unholy Smed, unclean Helios!

When the scum leaves, you know it is over

Classic Servers! The Power of Raph Compels you!

The Power of Raph Compels you!

(note: please do not get offended at any religious metaphors/allusions I have made during this lame attempt at post humor. I am a member of said church made fun of in this case and have EVERy right to poke some fun after all the guilt induced damage recieved at a young age in their schools!  )

There's free love on the Freelove Freeway.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Haven't you guys been saying that it's easy to get credits in the game?  Wouldn't that be enough to drive away a credit seller? :P

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893
    Actually, what drives away credit sellers, is a lack of customers.
  • akevvakevv Member Posts: 208
    Server populations are down, Obraik. There should be no question in ANYONE's mind that the population of all of the servers has crashed. It is a bonafied fact.

As to whether or not it is easier to obtain credits, I don't think that it is. Missions still pay the same and quest payouts don't exactly make you rich. I have played for well over three years and am just under 50 million credits.

People still earn their credits the same way they used to. Quests, missions, and trading make credits. I think that is DOES indeed point to a problem when a supplier of "gold" drops a game. They are saying that the game has no value.

Akevv Ostone
    No Longer SWG Free :(

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by MX13
    When the SCUM of the Galaxy leave...
    I was reading posts on another "Official" Forum, and read about this...
    One major Credit Seller (that I will not name) has posted they will be discontinuing all SWG Credit Selling, and have Bargin-Binned everything SWG...
    It's funny, it's sad, it's good, it's bad....
    Too bad it takes a game dieing to get rid of this scum...
    When the Vultures leave the corpse, it's time to bury the corpse... image

*laughing* dayum, ok that's sad.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

Originally posted by Brentmeister

(note: please do not get offended at any religious metaphors/allusions I have made during this lame attempt at post humor. I am a member of said church made fun of in this case and have EVERy right to poke some fun after all the guilt induced damage recieved at a young age in their schools!  )

OK!!  You just made me spill coffee over my God damn' desk BTW, that was one scary movie and still is.

• BrentmeisterBrentmeister Member Posts: 79

one of my all time favorites, Zippy. Best send up of it was in Austin Powers, when Dr Evil's chair started to malfunction and he said he needed "an old priest and a young priest" then the "compels you" line. I literally fell on the floor laughing. My younger friends watching didn't get it. Oh how I fear for this generation!

Oh, and Obri, that was one of your best spins EVER! Kudos, my friend. You should have a lucrative career in politics!

There's free love on the Freelove Freeway.

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351
    Yeah, when credit sellers and CCF's leave it's bad news. As long as they are still selling creds/gold/etc from other games. If they quit in general it doesn't really mean much.

Love, Sodapop

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    ROFLMFAO!

If the credit sellers are pulling out, the game is definitely doomed, and soon.

• BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214

That is very interesting, that actually coincides with a post I read  in the official forums for WOW, it described the same sort of thing happening for WOW as well, maybe there is some sort of conspiracy happening. Should be interesting to see. Bring it on down now.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
     Normally, I am against buying any currency in game but in the NGE case , No one of any importants cares.  Not even SOE ( bot since they whore to the customers themselves after years of threats to players . its all good)

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by BlazinBlades

That is very interesting, that actually coincides with a post I read  in the official forums for WOW, it described the same sort of thing happening for WOW as well, maybe there is some sort of conspiracy happening. Should be interesting to see. Bring it on down now.

Every WoW gold site I browse at has a hard time keeping up the supply. Especially with the prices for expansion items have been leaking. Used to be you could get 200G for about 8 bucks... now it's $30.

Big difference between that and not selling it anymore.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• ReachwindReachwind Member Posts: 275
    I did a quick search on ebay and saw billions for sale there... You have a game where credits don't really matter, they are easy to get and good for nothing and the only people left playing are those that are into the kill/loot/repeat game play. It makes sense that the chinese credit farmers might not care to run a business with it anymore.

Former SWG beta tester and player

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by Wakizashi
    Actually, what drives away credit sellers, is a lack of customers.

Correct answer for the WIN!

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by Brentmeister

LMFAO.....   

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    Oh come on guys.. you all know its because of the fact that its so easy to get credits ingame. I think its fantastic news though.

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by Reachwind
    I did a quick search on ebay and saw billions for sale there... You have a game where credits don't really matter, they are easy to get and good for nothing and the only people left playing are those that are into the kill/loot/repeat game play. It makes sense that the chinese credit farmers might not care to run a business with it anymore.

Exactly... it's about return on investment, and there are more lucrative games to farm out there, well at least since the NGE. There are Billions of Credits for sale, and not enough interested buyers. I'd guess the Glut on the market due to lack of cuomers, plus the direction of the game is leading them to do this.

One sad thig: You can now buy 250 million Credits for $50... in WoW, that will buy you about 250 Gold...

• MikeG50MikeG50 Member Posts: 46
    I would love to see the NGE die, but considering the fact that SOE is milking several other flops on there station pass I see no reason why they can't milk a few more years out of SWG.

----------------------------------------
    will never buy another sony product again, thanks SOE!

Originally posted by pirrg
    Oh come on guys.. you all know its because of the fact that its so easy to get credits ingame. I think its fantastic news though.

Total spin.  If anything, earning credits is HARDER these days, given that there really is no steady income stream from crafting, buffing, etc, and people aren't grinding tons of 10K payout per person missions a night.

Plus the NGE crowd doesn't want to work for anything we worked for, so them buying credits is a natural.

There simply is no interest.

There are things people spend tons of credits on, jetpacks, mando parts, GLC's etc.

Originally posted by MikeG50
    I would love to see the NGE die, but considering the fact that SOE is milking several other flops on there station pass I see no reason why they can't milk a few more years out of SWG.

Ordinarily you'd be correct.  SOE would be happy to yank the support and devs, shrink it down to 2-3 servers and let it rot on the All Access Pass.  If it were any other MMO, they'd still make some money that way.

But they have to pay LEC.  LEC, as stupid as they are, wouldn't stand for that.  The end of SWG is coming a lot sooner than anyone expects.  It could even be before the end of the year, you never know, the boxed set isn't out yet, but I suspect they will continue their delusional dream and let it stagger through Christmas before putting the dead horse down.

• shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Hmm, the title of this thread created a picture in my mind...one of fire and brimstone raining from the sky for months and people still talking about "signs that the apocolypse (sp?) is happening." 
    I think they are all getting out...  Looked at the major ones and saw that 100 million credits are now going for about $78.

There is no way they can make money even at ChiCom slave labor prices for the time it takes to get 100 million credits.  They are dumping them and quitting the business, all of them...

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    I think they are all getting out...  Looked at the major ones and saw that 100 million credits are now going for about $78.

There is no way they can make money even at ChiCom slave labor prices for the time it takes to get 100 million credits.  They are dumping them and quitting the business, all of them...

Look on ebay... there was a "discount special" that was 250 mil credits for $50...

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by Obraik
    Haven't you guys been saying that it's easy to get credits in the game?  Wouldn't that be enough to drive away a credit seller? :P

how can you continue to pay SoE 15 a month for this dreadful piece of crap you call a game?

Originally posted by Dark-Asylum

Originally posted by Obraik
    how can you continue to pay SoE 15 a month for this dreadful piece of crap you call a game?

Why do people eat Spam? They just do... Opinions of crap are subjective, even when it smells & tastes like crap...