Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First.... Impressions...

2»

Comments

• phennexionphennexion Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by anarchyart

Originally posted by grenkal

Originally posted by grinreaper
    Believe me, not as used as the fans are to another clueless noob comming on here and bashing what they didnt get/didnt like and exagrating their claims for effect.

Yeah so explain the floating crops again?

In that screenshot you really can't see the bottom of the plant as being not attached to the earth. Hate to split hairs on something that really doesn't matter, but the screenshot really doesn't show them floating.

Just because you played the game for an hour and think it is a joke doesn't make you right. Nor does playing it for a year and thinking it rocks. It's just your opinion. If it's not for you, fine. But even I am getting sick of 10 minute players coming on here to high five other bedwetters as they diss a very ambitious game made by an unestablished gaming house.

I hate to say it, I really do, but just go play WoW.

If you've played the game you would see the floating grass. The reason you cant see it too well is because the game has horrible shadow tech.

So you obviously havent even played the game and your defending it? thats as bad as me playing it for an hour and then writing MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS. So that other people aern't suprised on how horrible it is to newbies.

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Originally posted by Gorukha
    oh snap, new lord has taken over, that explains the floating grass. BTW I liked Tale in the Desert, I wasnt bashing the game, I just dont like the fact stuff gets reset in it. Graphics are not the main problem everyone has with this game. It's the FACT the game is not Release quality. It is in FACT unfinished.

Exactly. Why does this inescapable fact fly over the heads of the fanbois, or they try to apply Scott McClellan-type spin to it?

Nobody is slamming the game per se, for being boring, etc...it's being slammed for being a thoroughly incomplete and partially implemented experiment. Just like any other before it. Do you fanbois seriously think AO or Horizons, Rubies of Eventide, etc, got away with the same thing initially? No, they were slammed, and in the case of AO, lost about 70% of its player base within 6 months and could only ever play apologetic catch-up after that.

It's not personal, kids, it's business. This game is in a pre-alpha state and should not have been released to the public for at least another year to 18 months.

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

Originally posted by phennexion

Originally posted by anarchyart

Originally posted by grenkal

Originally posted by grinreaper
    Believe me, not as used as the fans are to another clueless noob comming on here and bashing what they didnt get/didnt like and exagrating their claims for effect.

Yeah so explain the floating crops again?

In that screenshot you really can't see the bottom of the plant as being not attached to the earth. Hate to split hairs on something that really doesn't matter, but the screenshot really doesn't show them floating.

Just because you played the game for an hour and think it is a joke doesn't make you right. Nor does playing it for a year and thinking it rocks. It's just your opinion. If it's not for you, fine. But even I am getting sick of 10 minute players coming on here to high five other bedwetters as they diss a very ambitious game made by an unestablished gaming house.

I hate to say it, I really do, but just go play WoW.

If you've played the game you would see the floating grass. The reason you cant see it too well is because the game has horrible shadow tech.

So you obviously havent even played the game and your defending it? thats as bad as me playing it for an hour and then writing MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS. So that other people aern't suprised on how horrible it is to newbies.

shows how much attention you paid. The game doesn't have ANY shadow effect, nor a sun or moon. Does have stars though. Wonder where the dynamic sky went. It was in before release.
  • nobugmenobugme Member Posts: 6

If anyone has a RV account and doesn't want it then feel free to PM the details to me.

TY

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

Perhaps you might want to refer to it as unpolished, rather than unfinished...very few of these games are finished.

as for the grass, if that kind of thing is a deal breaker for ya, you might want to go with a pretty game. For me, I will take a little floating since the crops actually grow as they mature, I can look at a field and tell how old it is...please name another game that has that. You make it sound like everything is like that. The buildings and towns are some of the most real looking I have seen in a game, both accurate and well modeled.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by nobugme

If anyone has a RV account and doesn't want it then feel free to PM the details to me.
    TY

Isn't the verm linked to your CC?

I seen a couple of mails for my account but honestly if it is in anyway gives access to my CC i doubt i recommend anyone be generous and gives out an account.

Last thing you want is to see a few hundred $$$ on your CC

Originally posted by hercules

Originally posted by nobugme

TY

Isn't the verm linked to your CC?

I seen a couple of mails for my account but honestly if it is in anyway gives access to my CC i doubt i recommend anyone be generous and gives out an account.

Last thing you want is to see a few hundred $$$ on your CC

The Verm and the game have two diffrent passwords. Technically it is possible. The person that bought the account only gives the new person the game password and the original owner sets the stats.

Possible? Yes. Safe? Yes. Annoying should you wish to change frequently? YES :(
  • jacobRjacobR Member Posts: 141

i played this game during its testing phase and im curious now i only read the first post and apparently they havent changed much since then like the weeds and water whatever. so they didnt add animals yet either? and theyre still building on it while it is public??? hmmm correct me if im wrong

im bored as hell theres no good mmorpgs out now and im dissapointed on roma victor now.

Originally posted by jacobR

i played this game during its testing phase and im curious now i only read the first post and apparently they havent changed much since then like the weeds and water whatever. so they didnt add animals yet either? and theyre still building on it while it is public??? hmmm correct me if im wrong
     im bored as hell theres no good mmorpgs out now and im dissapointed on roma victor now.

Water is fixed. Animals are in*. Course they are building, if they didn't it would be released and finished

*wolves, chickens, bears, ponines. However they are not set to respawn.
  • TheWildOneTheWildOne Member Posts: 7

Nope, I agree 100% with the original poster, this game is awful.

And I have played a while. Even built my own bench_workbench_a :) .

Yeesh. 1's across the board for this thing, omg.

Jana

HEY LOOK!!! HE NOT ONLY HAD TO POST ONCE BUT MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE SAME THING!!!!

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

what The Wild One did in RV is the equivlent of getting City of Heroes, playing in toutorial zone, not quite finishing the last mission, and then logging off and saying the game sucks.

My question would be, how the hell would you know?