Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make Gold (The real story)

spirus7spirus7 Member UncommonPosts: 142

Some tips ..i hope these tips will be some help

Tips

1.Avoid to buy anything from AH!For example if you need something for your first set be patient and try runs where the item you need drops ( (+)You might get other drops to sell (-) Takes some time).

2.When you want to farm herbs, mine or mobs try to go early in the morning or late at night when most of the ppl are offline.

3.Scan your AH and see what is selling most and farm it.

4.Learn what mats are needed for famous armors and farm them  (eg. Hide of the wild - Epic back for healers) 

5.Runecloth is always a famous seller.

6.Learn in what green and blue items disc to and find an enchander to do it for you.

7.Herbalism and Alchemy are the best proffesions for making gold cause of the potions you make and herbs you can sell (*imo*)

8.If you see some very low prices at AH buy them and put them back a little higher (Ussualy you do that with potions).

9.Farming recepies makes gold.Learn where famous recepies drop and try to farm them.

10.Also some Epic items are kinda easy to farm like eye of shadow and orb of Deception(Blue item) or Glowing brightwood staff

11.Last but not least..Making gold in games takes time so all you need is be PATIENT =)

For the end i would like to remind you again to avoid buying items from AH if you can farm them your self!

Never buy gold from the internet!Giving real money for gold is stupid!Better go buy some new clothes to look good for the babes than throw your money to the garbage..plus it removes all the fun out of the game..and remember gold sellers are farming to ..so they do something you CAN do so.... =) DONT! buy gold = stupid

I hope i was some help for some of you outhere.. =)

PS. Sorry for my bad English

Comments

• VicerynViceryn Member Posts: 177

you made some good points...i especially liked the "buy new clothes to pick up babes" part.

but i disagree on one part...buying from the auction house.

i buy from the auction house because a lot of the time it will take you forever to find all greens for your char to wear at lower levels. and doesn't it always seem that when you actually do get a green drop off a mob when you are a low level, it is always mail when you were cloth...or leather when you wear cloth? Go ahead and buy the necessary stuff to hold you off for a while but just don't overdo it. For instance, i created a mage last night out of boredom. One of the first things i bought was a wand because they are hard to find in drops early on. Now when you hit the teens, you will begin getting some wand drops, but by that time, you are already onto better things.

In my opinion, best professions...

For cloth wearers...tailoring and skinning
    The cloth you get is a drop and the skinning compliments tailoring to a lesser degree (some things require leather). And, the extra leather you can sell...

For the money hungry people...
    Go skinning and mining or skinning and herbalism. Always go skinning, or regret it later when you get to places like desolace and everything under the sun can be skinned. I earned enough money to buy a mount with skinning, so I will always stand by it. It works, trust me!

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229

Heres how I do maintenance on my car....I pay for someone to do it for me, giving me more time to enjoy my car.

Heres how I clean my house....I pay for someone to do it for me, giving me more time to enjoy my house.

Heres how I earn gold in WoW....I pay someone to do it for me, giving me more time to enjoy playing the game.

Maybe someday someone will create a MMO where you can earn enough gold to support yourself while doing the things you like to do.  MMO's will really turn a corner when they allow raiding to pay for itself rather than expecting that people want to spend hours a week doing the mindnumbing job of farming for mats/gold.  I play games to have fun, I don't play to have some boring ass virtual job.  Blame blizard for making their game like this, not the players who don't enjoy farming.

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Or you could always support MMORPG.com by clicking on the virtualseller.com link and buy the gold. ;) LMAO

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• TarondorTarondor Member Posts: 2
    Maybe a nice thouhgt Hubabuba, but for a game where you suport yourself would be a Singleplayer game, and not an MMO.

Any game involving money will in the end cause people to greed for it.

And the tip about buying from AH to put it back in the AH for a higher price is just making the game worse to play. Why make it harder for newcommers to enjoy the game?

Tarondor

• diekedieke Member Posts: 8

Good tips, just wanted to add another one:

Avoid enchanting as a gold-generating profession. On all servers I played on, enchanters had to spend tons of money to get to 300 skill. After that, they try to sell their services spamming messages like "selling X enchant, for materials price + fee".

Usually people react pretending you lower the fee price, some even tell you shouldn't ask any fee other than mats value (!!). Moreover, it is the only profession which doesn't let you sell your products on the AH, so you have a smaller population to sell to.

Better to choose alchemy+herbalism as the OP said, or be a pure gatherer taking a combination of herbalism, skinning and/or mining (I'm making good money as herb/skinner).

If you really really want to be an enchanter, be sure to visit dungeons regularly so you can disenchant the least useful drops and sell the shards/dusts on the AH.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Another tip - look at which items have to be delivered for quests. Make them, put them on the auction house and you have a guaranteed market.

An example would be the "Deadly Blunderbuss" that's needed for a Horde quest in Ashenvale.

• QwirkQwirk Member Posts: 136

I wouldn't say avoid enchanting as a money maker.
    Actually out of my chars that was the Most profitable.
    One word: Wands.

As was already mentioned, low level wands are hard to come by drop-wise, and in less than a week my enchanter made 5 gold selling wands on the AH (and as a level 7 that was huge). It can be a money maker. Just not with every enchant in the profession.

• Blue3000Blue3000 Member Posts: 238

You defitnitely need tips to make money (gold) as this is the worse money making game ever.

I had a level 60 Druid. Was a 300/300 in Herbs and Alchemy.  Made Potions and still had a hell of a hard time making gold.  I didn't get a mount 'til level 48.

Not everyone likes to farm, it's boring and time consuming but in many cases it's the only way.

I don't know how much this game has changed but I wouldn't go back to it.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

There's a good article in this month's Massive Magazine that outlines how to make your mount gold by level 28 with little to no grinding. I'm sure it's available on-line somewhere.

Personally, I've found that being aware of what's selling on the AH pays great dividends.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• norse25norse25 Member Posts: 98
    Go coastal swimming in southern Desolace.  Open all the traps and every 30th one should have a Dark Iron Fishing Rod with on Kel'Thuzad server sells for 20-40 G.