Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wondering.

TidermanTiderman Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 84
Is it easy to get lvls and stuff in this game? i love games thats easy to play ;D

Comments

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300
    Wow is that away ---->. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by Dark-Asylum
    Wow is that away ---->. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Little harsh don't you think?

Anyways, to the OP. EQ2 is just about the same range as any other MMO and leveling will be largely determined by your gameplay style. RP'ers who play on the RP prefered servers will typically take a while longer to level, if your a quest fanatic and would rather enjoy getting to lots of quests then worry about what amount of experience those quests give you type of thing.

The PVP servers can be a bit harder to level on also, most of the lvl'ing has to be done in groups these days because a pvp-raid group will think nothing of ganking a poor solo player just trying to get by, those are the nature of things of course.

Myself, back when I played to 59 on my original warden before the level increase, it took quite some time, even in large groups and doing stready quests and dungeons the experience payout was quite low, like silly low. From what I've been told, it's quite a bit easier to run from 1 to 30 in fairly short order, a good guild, static quest group will you get you through the rest of it in a decent amount of time while still having some fun.

Hope that helps.

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    I found solo leveling very easy on EQ2, much faster thna grouping or anyother game. When you get to level 50 though it becomes painfully slow and basically forced grouping at higher lvls

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    It took me about 2 months to hit 70 with my new defiler.

Mind you I played a lot and also have 2 other priests that are 70 ... so have a good idea where to go and what to do.

Here is my leveling pace:

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer_levels.vm?characterId=600443203

At the upper end I ran out of quests and it was very difficult to do much solo. Grouping brought in most of my EXP there.

Collection quests really help suppliment EXP when you can do them.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    If you're looking to level really easy, it won't happen. This game isn't WoW where you can be level 60 in two weeks if you do nothing but play.

Now, if you are like a normal person that plays 20 hours or so a week, it will prob take you around 6 months. Though, I have to say, I've never taken a character to level 50 and beyond and I've been playing almost since the game started. There's just too much to do to focus on getting to the End Game.

It's the journey that matters, not what you do when you get there. And when you finally do get to the top level, there's always the frequent expansions and game packs they release.

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
    the grind seemed kinda slow to me, about the same as guild wars id say, slower after 20.

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by MMORPDEATH
    the grind seemed kinda slow to me, about the same as guild wars id say, slower after 20.

Uh, guild wars has an easy grind...
  • moonDOTdkmoonDOTdk Member Posts: 50

Well last week after i got home from work i started a new char, brigand. Had a few master for it at the low lvls and i played it a bit and suddenly after 6 hours i was running around as lvl 20 .. If you get the correct class and got some good equpment then you can lvl fast at the low lvls.

And the thing with you can make a 70 on 2 weeks, well untrue, have been done. But then you also have a hardcore guild to help you.

The game is, imo, a bit more easy to lvl in then WoW, but the higher you get the more you need a grp to get xp fast.

And if you choose to be alchemist then you can make some nice potions.