Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best beta played?

TidermanTiderman Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 84
I'm wondering bout wich game do you got the best memories trying? :)

Comments

• doodo412doodo412 Member Posts: 14

omg ummmmm....can't remember when it was.....6 years ago??!!!! beta testing Ragnarok Online on my 56k.

omg i can't believe it, i downloaded the game with 56k, took me 5 nights, hahahahhaa

the game hooked me forever since. although now i'm bored of it. but yea baby!!! that game was awsome.

played it everyday 24/7 haha best game ever

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Horizons...my wife still beta tests it now.

• TriteTrite Member Posts: 3
    World of Warcraft EU Closed Beta. Betas just have some special feeling - mostly because those are new games, but also because you got selected and are already hyped about the game. It was fun, really fun.

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

The Saga of Ryzom.

Best community ever. Now if only the game was less... empty let's call it.

• AlbytapsAlbytaps Member Posts: 208
    I'd have to say SWG because I got in pretty early and everyone I talked to online was jealous.  Sucks though I got tired of the game before it even launched.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• avienthasavienthas Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Anarchy Online. The game was SO bugged and the servers kept spitting me out, but I kept coming back for more. I never played the game post-release for more than a week or two, but the beta was magic.The game looked good and there were no elves in it ;) I kept meeting people who were really devoted to making the game better. Taking time to write bug reports and reviews, who does THAT nowadays? It´s all about trying it out for free now, although the reason for that could be all these crappy releases, with AO right there on top...  

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Well, I've been beta testing games since '99, but out of all those years I would have to say the WoW NA Closed beta was the best IMHO.

--
    Michael

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921
    Possibly FlyFF.
  • GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      My favorite was when I was the first person banned from DaoC beta, I never had so much fun.

Seriously though.....I beta tested a ton of games and I don't think I liked a single one. 

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• PibblePibble Member Posts: 285
    WarRock, rox...

• ExclamExclam Member Posts: 72
    Hm...probably Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst for the awesome community, but Auto Assault for the gameplay and the excitement of being in a closed beta.

• zoltarggzoltargg Member Posts: 11
    Hmmmmm either ROSE closed beta or Warrock
    P.S. pibble whats your ign for warrock?

• fierce750fierce750 Member Posts: 37
    I Would have to say WOW.
    And a far second would be DAOC.

• FeanoriFeanori Member Posts: 2
    I have to say RYL1. Best gameplay and feeling ever.

• salazar3643salazar3643 Member Posts: 19
    ohh, its gotta be auto assault.  i no it wasnt a big hit, but it was cool being the first person in beta to be lvl 80 (highest lvl).
  • BombastussBombastuss Member UncommonPosts: 158
    The ROSE beta was alot of fun ^__^

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164
    I've yet to have what I would call a "pleasant" beta experience. Hopefully some upcoming games will send me a nice little e-mail and change that.

• sheek80sheek80 Member Posts: 158
    this is spam, need move to diff section, this is OPEN BETA get a clue guys

• fierce750fierce750 Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by sheek80
    this is spam, need move to diff section, this is OPEN BETA get a clue guys

Oh no! The forum Police has arrived!
    Get a grip kid.
    It is a decent topic to respond to, If you do not like it then move along.

• cryzrcryzr Member Posts: 2
    mine has gotta be ROSE i loved that game, wish it turns F2P soon.

Easy come, Easy go!

• MuddahMuddah Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by mlauzon

Well, I've been beta testing games since '99, but out of all those years I would have to say the WoW NA Closed beta was the best IMHO.

Ya WoW closed beta and open beta were the funnest for me. As a priest, me and this druid logged on everyday at the same time and we did everything together. I remember running Gnomer with a 38 Rogue tanking. It was before the classess were forced to do "their role" fun fun times
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    The City of Heroes European closed beta. it really was a great time.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

i've enjoyed TANTRA (ph version) - i have warm reminiscences about that title
    codemasters RFo was good too

now only warrock, but i have enough of bug abusers and laggers

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• feoxfeox Member Posts: 55
    my first mmo would be earth & byond, that game was the best but all good things have to come to an end..

then roseonline irose befor the first reset and befor all the hacking, it was fun for me.. a bit childish but fun none the less..