Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

only ture thing SOE cares about

yeah. so the only real ture thing SOE cares about is....beating World of warcraft ( bilzzard ) SOE can't stand that WOW  (bilzzard ) made only 1  MMORPG and made more money then SOE Ever did. and SOE said they are a leader of the market? guess who just took the lead? WOW did... how many games SOE made and got and still never could out do WOW people?

i bet WOW how more people then all of SOE games put together..

only thing SOE cares about is beating WOW and trying to use SWG to do it.. remember that post by ING or gamespot... about (with these's new upgrades we will BEAT WOW down) or some crap about that? everyone laugh because SWG beating WOW.. what a laugh...

only thing they care about is beating wow and they would kill and destroyed any game to get what they want!

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Comments

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

imho, it's not that they want to "beat it down". but i believe they don't understand WHY they can't/won't/don't have the sub numbers that blizzard does.
    they have the IP.
    they HAD the design.
    they HAD the potential players.

there's NO reason the shouldn't have had those numbers, in their eyes anyway.

and to be honest, my theory is the IP actually has kept some people away. star wars/star trek is associated with geekdom at some of it's finest, for a person to play these games is a socialized admission of it. take the millions of star wars fans world wide... how many actually admit to it ? most of the people are in their 30s & 40s now, wife, kids, job, mortgage, etc.. they've left that life behind. to be associated with the stigma star wars fan, is something they no longer wish to have or have the time for.

as a boy i LOVED star wars, toys, games, bed sheets, the works. as an adult.. it's something from my childhood, not something i currently follow. it's not the IP that i loved, it was the actual game, and the people in it.

warcraft had no stigma, for most people the name was never even heard of untill WoW, and that exploded into a phenomenon that it actually became acceptable to play.

just my two cents, from a 30somethingish gamer

• bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198

*Warning* Comedy analogy alert!

Let's say SWG1 was a car. Say. a Toyota MR2 for the sake of this example.

Everything was going swell and people were buying their car, of course there were complaints about engine and part problems and the regular complainers didn't like the way the wheels were balanced.

But, as sports cars went it was ok.

Then Blizzard unleashed a Ferrari, a cheap one at that!- a newer, faster and better looking model. People flocked to buy this pretty car (which absurdly was competitively priced!).

Owner numbers for the Ferrari went through the roof, and SOE were somewhat disgruntled....their Toyota sales had slowed, and some had even traded in the old MR2's for Ferraris. Add to this they were wholly unsatisfied with their monthly parts sales and the number of complaints that were being generated.

So the top boy at SOE (you know who you are!) had a brilliant scheme!

'Why don't we release a funky new compulsory body kit for the Toyota to make it look like a Ferrari!!!'

---

The body kit was released, and owners saw their sports car take on a very very vague Ferrari like look.

But those who knew their cars were far from fooled. The new car looked ridiculous to the enthusiasts eye, and

still performed at a much lower level than the Ferrari. They wanted to remove their bodykit only to find that it was superglued on and wouldn't budge.

Many of the new breed of body kit enhanced MR2 owners wisely took their car to the knackers yard and bought bicycles.

---

The moral of the story? SOE made a mistake (of gargantuan proportions).

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

There is only one thing SOE cares about, money.  They did the CUNGE because they weren't making as much as they wanted to.

And it's had the exact opposite effect, the more they revamp the game the less money they make.  Why?  People don't enjoy buying a Cadillac (to continue the car analogy) to find that every time it is taken to the garage for mandatory maintenance Cadillac elements get stripped out and 2 years later it's morphed completely into a 1987 Yugo, the  only remnant of the past being that it still has leather seats and whitewall tires.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

This thread should be required reading for SOE and LA execs.  You all get 5 stars and a Kashyyykian Cookiee. 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

thats ture... money also thats the first thing they care about is money

Second is Beat down WOW.. but SWG not that great of a game any more...SOE has destroyed it. made it in to something its not... kind alike girls... they make guys in to things they wanted them to be but really are not

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.