Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game just looks outragously Beautiful

BroadshoreBroadshore Member UncommonPosts: 18
I been looking at the screens and such. The Graphics just look outragously beautiful. But I do have a few grips here and there. Some of the screens shots <Can't remember which ones they where> looks like recycled texture maps and models from L2. I could be wrong about the fact here.

Personally, I can't wait for the beta. I would love to check this game out to see how different it would be. Hell, I don't know about any of your players out there. But, I would love to have wings to fly. :-P

Comments

• kutekute Member Posts: 4
    Ya check out the full quality E3 video from this site.. its soooooo much more better then those YOUTUBE quality videos.

http://www.aionforums.com/showthread.php?t=17

hope ncsoft releases some official video soon.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

EDIT

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by Broadshore

Personally, I can't wait for the beta. I would love to check this game out to see how different it would be. Hell, I don't know about any of your players out there. But, I would love to have wings to fly. :-P

The NA/EU launch will not have a beta. There will be a few events to preview the game out and such, but no prolonged beta.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

I was impressed with the graphics in-game, but not THAT impressed.  Character models, weapons, etc looked really great, but the environment wasn't a big step up from WoW/WAR graphics.  You may be right about recycled textures or at least very similar textures from L2.  Overall, I still think this is the best looking game out right now (AoC looks good too, but I prefer  Aion's style).  I was just not as impressed with the environment as I thought I would be.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by bleyzwun

I was impressed with the graphics in-game, but not THAT impressed.  Character models, weapons, etc looked really great, but the environment wasn't a big step up from WoW/WAR graphics.  You may be right about recycled textures or at least very similar textures from L2.  Overall, I still think this is the best looking game out right now (AoC looks good too, but I prefer  Aion's style).  I was just not as impressed with the environment as I thought I would be.

Some of the environmental textures are far better than others.  An example of this is in the Elyos starter zones compared to the Asmodian.  The Elyos ground textures are far more detail than those of the Asmodian, however, when it comes to character design I feel it is the other way around with Asmodians getting far more attention.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Well I did play an Asmodian, so that's probably why.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

Character animations are far more important to me than the environment backdrops so I also play Asmodian.  I can't stand how it looks like the Elyos are marionettes running around with a pole run up their rear.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Synthetick

Originally posted by Broadshore

The NA/EU launch will not have a beta. There will be a few events to preview the game out and such, but no prolonged beta.

That has been changed for simplicity's sake NCsoft decided to call the preview events, beta events. Just so nobody gets confused anymore, however it is just so you can try it :)

I played a little in the Elyos side and yes I was a bit disappointed with the detail of the ground maps, it looks like they sacrificed background detail for crazy character detail. Can't say I'm complaining. :P

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)