Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Framerates??

panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Just returned to SWG....bought a new PC with Nvidia 512 meg GFX card, 3.4 processor....and my framerate is 15 fps??

I'm an old vet and i remember SWG as a bit of a system hog but my new PC should be handle this no probs....or does everyone have low frame rates??

Ta

Pan

Comments

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    The game was origionally coded poorly, the engineers/developers seemed to have forgoten that technology progressess and gets better over time. The game will only read up to 1GB of RAM, and only uses 750MB max for the game. And a card equvalent to a 6600GT seems to be good enough to run the game at 30fps with max everything, which btw is the max FPS......30. Its good enough though.

Right now I have a 7600GS in SLI, 2GB ram, and a Core2 Duo E6300, and the game runs exactly the same as it did on my old system I had when  ifirst played swg, a GeForce 4, 2.3 Ghz P4, and 256mb of RAM.....30fps, of course I couldnt have everything turned on.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• almagillalmagill Member Posts: 279
    22fps is 'normal' for me on Bria. 15 on TC but on Flurry and the EU servers I can get a lovely 29fps.

Thing is, I don't notice much difference unless we drop below 15s.  And I'm not entirely sure why my fps varies by server, even in the same gaming session. /shrug

So, you all sat in camps and that was fun?

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    I've got a nice >25 FPS with all post-processing effects turned off and 4x AA and 2xAS turned on :)

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by Obraik
    I've got a nice >25 FPS with all post-processing effects turned on and 4x AA and 2xAS turned on :)

Thats preety good and about the norm if you have a decent system. The game really dosent need more than 30fps as it looks and runs just fine. Ive heard people saying the game runs worse since the NGE hit due to some "code piling" thing, but ive yet to have any issues since ive been playing again.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Corrected my reply, Post-processing effects and AA/AS can't be on at the same time (sadly).  That later I think is more taxing on the system though...