Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A really good idea...

A pretty poor game (at the moment at least.) I'm really trying hard to like StarQuest, I can see that it's got some amazing ideas, I like the both ground and space based play, what really puts me off is point and click, the fact It sounds and looks like I'm ice-skating, the graphics don't particularly put me off, but the execution of all these brilliant  ideas really isn't very good.

Good luck developers.

---------------------------------------
No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

Comments

• TomcattTomcatt Member Posts: 1
    Just curious,

How are you finding out more information about this game?  I am a space games freak, and for MMO's they are few and far between.  I did Earth and Beyond until it closed down, and I currently do EVE.  I am looking for a Space MMO closer to what Earth and Beyond was, but this doesn't appear to be.

Where's a good spot to find out more information on this one?

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

Take a look at the games website at Here. and take a look at their forums too. On the whole, the people are very friendly and the developers actually post, which is nice.

Edit: For some reason half of that post is a link, and it won't let me remove it. Damn.

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• l0rdb0shl0rdb0sh Member Posts: 20
    I've been playing StarQuest for almost a week now. I serve on the U.A.S. Lewis, a small Manning Class starship (look it up on the main site under ships to see it).

This game allows alot of customization when it comes to any component in your ship. Theres also alot of unexplored unknown things that nobody has seen. With the alliance having only limited travel capabilities, it will be that way probably until someone invents/steals some more advanced technology.

Sometimes there will be alien problems, sometimes you will be attacked by pirates on SOL. But if you find yourself a good ship and find yourself a good senior staffed ship at that, you will learn everything fairly easily and from there it isnt hard to get your own ship. Just be careful not to get her blown up in a star, you'd be surprised how often I hear that happen..

Sure, its a beta. It lags, its choppy, the graphics are OLD. But its a beta, why invest money into good graphics at that level of the game? You should see how all of the controls work, respect how much time was put into this game. Theres been alot of work put into it, trust me I've played plenty of games in my time to know when something is worth it.

Overall I'd advise people check in on StarQuest once in a while, there is a new faction system out(had its bugs and is still being debugged, of course). And we will be expecting to see many new things being released soon. They do plan an overhaul of graphics by the way, so dont worry if you hate the oldness of the graphics, I'm sure it will become much better before they sell this to the public. I will not rate this game yet, but I'd advise everyone to just take a look and see what you think for yourself.
  • HMorganHMorgan Member Posts: 5

I play as a pirate, I've shot down my fair share of ships and made most of my money off of the misfortune of others.

I've got most of the player base hunting me down as the galaxies most wanted criminal and my real life brother is currently being held in a cell onboard a military ship awaiting trial.

I've robbed ships, mugged civilians on coreworlds, destroyed starbases, sabotaged battleships and destroyed colonies. Along with this I've stolen enough spacestations of different classes to own my own junkyard. The Galaxy is so big that if I were to be caught or killed nobody would ever find my loot. Not unless they were very lucky.

Since these postings the game has recieved new graphical updates along with a new, faster server. Everything is shiny.

This game deserves a 10/10 so come on, join in and find my treasure :P

Signed,

Henry Morgan,

S.S. Flying Dutchman.

• jammer777jammer777 Member Posts: 7

I've been playing this game for almost a year now, and I have to say that this is the best MMORPG (yes, RPG at last) I've played with so far. Yes, the graphics is not that good (but believe me, if you get used to it you will like it, since it adds a unique feeling), but the content and the opportunity to roleplay compensate it easily. The main concept is to live and thrive within an Alliance as either a navy officer, a marine (in the future), or a bounty hunter, a pirate or just a well-respected and rich merchant captain. You have to watch out for the other empires, there is diplomacy in the game, combat, trading, crafting, and player-based organization. For example, the highest ranking player navy officer (who is an Admiral now) gets his orders directly from the developers - so players can (and do) steer the plot easily (and of course many of the ship commanding officers get player-created missions now). There is pretty much discussion between the developers and the players, and they are friendly enough.

For players who are looking after ship interiors: YES, there is that in the game as well (ships are really big, some with more than 15 decks, medbays, gyms, mess halls, officer and crew quarters with showers, toilets, TV, beds, placable furnishing, engineering sections, bridge - I even have an office on my ship).

For players who are looking after military roleplay: There are ranks, command chain, medals, uniforms, military attitude, officer etiquette, high ranked officers can and must command lower ranked ones, and you can even advance to a point where you command entire squadrons and fleets - of course player controlled ships in it.

For players who look after a less rude style of play: You can have a trade ship, act as a civilian, and build up a corporation with entire colonies in it, and you can even own fleets of civilian ships who work for you.

The main problem is that players come, see the screenshots, and start telling this is a bad game which sucks, without even trying for a few days. Graphics is not everything! I can only recommend this game to those who are fed up with constant grinding, counting DPS or DOTs, and killing 2000 critters just to complete a quest or get money. This game has no major grinding in it, your wits and player skills and intellect counts only - and of course the way you roleplay your character.

Thanks for reading it thru, I hope this small review helps those who hesitate to try it or not.

• LordconellLordconell Member Posts: 12

just head to http://www.castlethornsoftware.com/cgi-bin/teemz/teemz.cgi?board=_master  the fourms thier will be of help to learn what the games realy about. But thiers nothen better then trying it out your self. If you come to try it out and are a Civ hang on chat channal 1 tell a Civ captain can help you or ill be on chat channal 1 helping all new players. Played this game 8 months and still around. I still play eve and LOTRO also but not as much becuse me and my wife injoy SQO. Cutch you all around.