Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Holiday Special

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

For those who have never seen it Here is part one.

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    It has all the trampings of a Sony production

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• LeelLeel Member Posts: 455
    Are we absolutely sure that Lucas wrote the original Star Wars?
  • wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

And for those of you out there that has any BIG hopes of the Star Wars television series...You should invest and find the Ewok television series.

George Lucas might be a genious in the way of making a gorgeous universe filled with things that us humble people love to explore and be a part of....but he's no storyteller, he's no linguist(almost no dialogue in his movies seem..right) and he's no director genious (the best Star Wars movie wasnt even directed by GL).

Ofcourse, the "holiday Special" is THE most horrendous production ever, and GL knows it and tried/tries to bury it deeper than Ataris ET.(think it was Atari)

imageThe last of the Trackers

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Originally posted by wolfmann

And for those of you out there that has any BIG hopes of the Star Wars television series...You should invest and find the Ewok television series.
    George Lucas might be a genious in the way of making a gorgeous universe filled with things that us humble people love to explore and be a part of....but he's no storyteller, he's no linguist(almost no dialogue in his movies seem..right) and he's no director genious (the best Star Wars movie wasnt even directed by GL).

Ofcourse, the "holiday Special" is THE most horrendous production ever, and GL knows it and tried/tries to bury it deeper than Ataris ET.(think it was Atari)

It was atari http://www.snopes.com/business/market/atari.asp  And yeah GL has tried to bury the X-mas special as deep as his pockets allow him.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Well, that isn't necessarily true.  Some people might think that Episode IV is the best.  Although, I personally do agree with your statement (I'm wagering that you think Empire Strikes Back is the best).

I remember the Ewok series.  Do you remember the cartoon featuring the droids?

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Originally posted by KenshuAni

Well, that isn't necessarily true.  Some people might think that Episode IV is the best.  Although, I personally do agree with your statement (I'm wagering that you think Empire Strikes Back is the best).

I remember the Ewok series.  Do you remember the cartoon featuring the droids?

I watched it the first time when I was 8, about 2 years after I saw Ep 4 on a 2'nd or 3'rd rerun on a cinema here in norway (1982'ish). My uncle was a total SW nut, and when I was old enough and they showed the movies again, he hauled me with him, cuz well... I guess he wanted to make me a Star Wars nut too (he succeeded).

Sometimes I feel like a walking, talking Star Wars encyclopedia. Ofcourse, me having about 40 GB of books, comics, guides, RPG Books, encylopedias and other Star Wars related stuff on my computer(and about half of the EU books in both english and norwegian resting in cardboard boxes in a closet) might be related to that.

imageThe last of the Trackers

• BillboBillbo Member Posts: 2
    Star Wars rules.  It always has. It always will. And, that is because it redefined going to the movies.  I was a youngster when I first saw Star wars on the big screen and I never looked at a movie theater the same way again.  With that being said, it was not that bad of a plot or story as far as science fiction goes.  I am a nut over Star Wars.    And, will forever be one. 
  • SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664
    I own a good copy of it !

Sure is funny to watch, more so for watching the reaction of friends.

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by tillamook

It was atari http://www.snopes.com/business/market/atari.asp  And yeah GL has tried to bury the X-mas speci
    al as deep as his pockets allow him.

NO WAY !!!! that game was so awsome !
    I stayed up an entire night at a friends house trying to figure out what to do !
    Greatest fun ever  !!!!!
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    I guess that's why it needs to be smuggled in this music video :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    You know, Lucas should turn into the skid and have the MST3k guys do their magic to it and release it to DVD.

Gotta admires the balls of Lucas to have the first third of the flick in SHIIRIWOOK... without subtitles. Maybe it's stupidity... hard to tell.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Originally posted by Obraik
    I guess that's why it needs to be smuggled in this music video :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw

Yep, that would be why   I'm not white and don't dress like a nerd but I wouldn't mind getting a copy of that.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143
    It just wouldn't be Star Warsy or iconic without The Great Gazoo...

Vague references FTW.