Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK since this IS the refuge's forum

kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Why do I see Obraik posting here? Go away, shoo!

=P just kidding, I may totally disagree with you on all things SWG but I don't hate you. Wepps however...........

Comments

• LeelLeel Member Posts: 455

Dude, we kinda want him here.

Without him every post will go like this...

1st Post:   SWG Sucks and SOE Sucks for making it Suck

All replying posts: I Know Right

Another thing, He provides well thought out and understandable counterpoints to our arguments.

<gay>
    kinda like how the Sun needs the Moon.  We would not have a day without a night.
    </gay>

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    feel the love man

• cjhrulescjhrules Member Posts: 116

So do you guys like to listen to brainwashed Jehovahs witness to? I mean seince you like to hear Orbraik...
  • LeelLeel Member Posts: 455

Originally posted by cjhrules

So do you guys like to listen to brainwashed Jehovahs witness to? I mean seince you like to hear Orbraik... I mean seince you like to hear Orbraik...

If they came to my door and told me that I have to accept NGE into my heart, then yeah.  I would probably have a few words with them.

Originally posted by cjhrules

So do you guys like to listen to brainwashed Jehovahs witness to? I mean seince you like to hear Orbraik...I mean seince you like to hear Orbraik...

obraik never tried to change my mind or brain wash me.

all he has done is simply to shed arguments to the bitching and whining people have.

for example (this is a very simplistic ridiculized example of what obraik does)

ok.. no simple example comes to mind. but he respects other people's views but also gives his own opinion.

i think that obraik loves the game but does not fully agree with the changes.

• WordaenWordaen Member Posts: 203

I don't have an objection to him being here, he is entitled to his views like the rest of us. I don't agree with most of his posts (mainly due to my intense hatred of SoEs business practices and the destruction of a game style that fit my particular needs for gaming) and he likely doesn't agree with mine but he's never been a dick to me or flamed me for my views and I will return the courtesy. We have two different views of this rollercoaster of a game. I think it's a jacked up pile of bantha pudu ever since the day of the "CU", while aspects of it work for him and he's happy with it. And you know what? That's ok.*

*Note - But I still think he's really a Sith apprentice just trying to lure us back with promises of dark powerful magic! =)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I just don't know where to post ,LOL .

/emo

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• bigherbbigherb Member Posts: 76
    I posted this in a thread that is now at the bottom...

Quote = Myself

So if we have our area and they have theirs...

Does that mean
    that we can all use the General discussion as our battelgrounds. 
    MMORPG.com has the opprotunity to give us what SOE never could.  A
    place where all is fair....An enter at your own risk type thing.

Rebels vs. Imps...

SWG Vets vs. NGE fanboi's

It's an epic tale if you ask me.

general is locked

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by bigherb

Quote = Myself

Does that mean
    that we can all use the General discussion as our battelgrounds. 
    MMORPG.com has the opprotunity to give us what SOE never could.  A
    place where all is fair....An enter at your own risk type thing.

Rebels vs. Imps...

Disgruntled SWG Pre-CU vets vs NGE lovers wouldn't be much of a fight.  For one thing, we outnumber them so badly we could fight them with their health advantage (15K vs our 3.5K when buffed) and still gank them.  And, we have melee stacker templates, Jedi with AI, legendary weapons, combat queue, etc. 

Only downside is our mind attacks would be ineffective, as they lost theirs a few publishes ago.

But all we have to do is attack their action pool then they can no longer heal or use specials.

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    Disgruntled SWG Pre-CU vets vs NGE lovers wouldn't be much of a fight.  For one thing, we outnumber them so badly we could fight them with their health advantage (15K vs our 3.5K when buffed) and still gank them.  And, we have melee stacker templates, Jedi with AI, legendary weapons, combat queue, etc. 

Only downside is our mind attacks would be ineffective, as they lost theirs a few publishes ago.

But all we have to do is attack their action pool then they can no longer heal or use specials.

They lost their minds....Ohhh No.

Well being fanboi's and all I guess I have come to expect that they have no minds, Smedley keeps them all in a filing cabinet in his office.
  • MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by Leel

Dude, we kinda want him here.
    Without him every post will go like this...
    1st Post:   SWG Sucks and SOE Sucks for making it Suck
    All replying posts: I Know Right

LMFAO

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Quote = Myself

Does that mean that we can all use the General discussion as our battelgrounds.  MMORPG.com has the opprotunity to give us what SOE never could.  A place where all is fair....An enter at your own risk type thing.

Rebels vs. Imps...

Well, each high end special does around 4k damage and some professions have 3 of them or more.  I could drop a trauger gas canistor and that'd do around 150 damage or more plus the 380 bleed DoT per tick, BH's have something simillar but shorter and not as widespread...I could probably also tank a good number of you with my 3 medic heals

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Originally posted by Obraik

Quote = Myself

Does that mean that we can all use the General discussion as our battelgrounds.  MMORPG.com has the opprotunity to give us what SOE never could.  A place where all is fair....An enter at your own risk type thing.

Rebels vs. Imps...

Well, each high end special does around 4k damage and some professions have 3 of them or more.  I could drop a trauger gas canistor and that'd do around 150 damage or more plus the 380 bleed DoT per tick, BH's have something simillar but shorter and not as widespread...I could probably also tank a good number of you with my 3 medic heals

Lets see...

75% PvP damage reduction

4000 = 1000

90% composite

1000 = 100

imageThe last of the Trackers

Originally posted by Obraik

Quote = Myself

Rebels vs. Imps...

Yes, but try getting that off when I've taken your action pool down. :)

Remember pre-CU we could target each pool.

Also our weapons do damage of types you don't have resists for.  Your resists are kinetic and energy. We have blast and other forms of damage your armor would look at and go, "pfft".

Also remember we have 90% comp.

And who is going to heal the WOUNDS our attacks give you?  Mu ha ha ha!

GCW base stims will fix that   I can get one that heals the action pool (up to 2750 points if it's an E type stim) or I can get one that heals it everytime I get hit with damage.  Same can be done for health, but not both at the same time.

If I get on my bounty hunter I could also activate my shield ability that gives me close to 20k armour resists and makes you do pretty much nothing but trivial hits (damage in the teens) on me for 30 seconds :P

As for wounds, since you guys can put it on, I'm sure a Doc would be around to heal it too.  Afterall, we're suppose to be able to make credits easier now, so we'd have credits he/she just couldn't resist

• ShadowLordsShadowLords Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by kanezfan

=P just kidding, I may totally disagree with you on all things SWG but I don't hate you. Wepps however...........

I'm not ... I don't want to see him posting here .. all he is going to do is start disagreeing with everyone and then the flame wars start...

You had it right SHOOO .....

• ChessackChessack Member Posts: 978

Originally posted by kanezfan

Proves he's a troll, I guess. I thought better of him, actually. Not anymore.

C
    Obraik is one of the few I have no problem with being here.  He appears to understand.  I have never seen him really flame anyone, and hes cordial in his posts.

• ShadowLordsShadowLords Member Posts: 186

Obraik is one of the few I have no problem with being here.  He appears to understand.  I have never seen him really flame anyone, and hes cordial in his posts.

Well let's agree that we can disagree. All I ever see out of Obraik is how he is always right, EVERYONE else is always wrong, and SWG/$OE/$LA can do no wrong.
  • jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by ShadowLords

Well let's agree that we can disagree. All I ever see out of Obraik is how he is always right, EVERYONE else is always wrong, and SWG/$OE/$LA can do no wrong.

We are all like that to a degree.  Otherwise we would be lurkers.  I like seeing his counterpoints, especially since I am currently designing a game and want to satisfy many people.  So getting the view of people with different likes and dislikes is VERY good for me. 

Before I quit, sometimes reading a well stated pro-NGE opinion made me realize some things were not all that bad, just different.  It's hard for me to get over the fact I liked pre-CU 100 times better than NGE, and that sometimes created strife inside of me, knowing the pre-CU way was superior for me and taken away unfairly.  But well crafted analysis from somebody like Obraik sometimes helps you make lemonade (albeit extra-sour) out of the lemon called NGE.

Also, he does not hate the pre-CU game, or those that support it.  That is why a lot of us like him.  He is always welcome in my topics.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

I don't care, so long as they want to ARGUE with us (arguments involve facts and logic, not flames) so much the better.

I am confident that we pre-CU vets can win ANY argument with ANY pro-NGE person.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

I am confident that we pre-CU vets can win ANY argument with ANY pro-NGE person.

Preferring NGE with its simplicity and reduced reading requirements = Illiterate.
    Preferring the deeper, more complex pre-CU = Intelligent.

When arguing - Intelligent > Illiterate.

It's pretty simple math actually. 

Just playing fanbois...don't ruffle feathers on this one. 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

Originally posted by jrscott

Preferring NGE with its simplicity and reduced reading requirements = Illiterate.
    Preferring the deeper, more complex pre-CU = Intelligent.

When arguing - Intelligent > Illiterate.

It's pretty simple math actually. 

Just playing fanbois...don't ruffle feathers on this one. 

Lawl...I was arming myself until I saw the last sentence