Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stuff a friend told me about summit

2»

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Seloth

Okay Okraik we get it YOU think this new pvp system is like FRS, funny how the jedi that were involved in FRS say it is not.
    As to helios claiming that this new system is derived from the FRS that could mean anything. technially if you go with the eveolution theory then man is technically derived from a monkey.
    Frs was EVERYTHING for a jedi if they wanted to progress past padawan, your new system is an adjuct to the game.

Like as in it has some simillarities, not like as in it's an exact replica of it...

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by Obraik

Okay Okraik we get it YOU think this new pvp system is like FRS, funny how the jedi that were involved in FRS say it is not.
    As to helios claiming that this new system is derived from the FRS that could mean anything. technially if you go with the eveolution theory then man is technically derived from a monkey.
    Frs was EVERYTHING for a jedi if they wanted to progress past padawan, your new system is an adjuct to the game.

Like as in it has some simillarities, not like as in it's an exact replica of it...

Boy do we get into word smithing when things get called out.

I do find that funny now.

---

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by iskareot

Boy do we get into word smithing when things get called out.

I do find that funny now.

---

Word smithing?  Hardly lol, as far as I know Like has always meaned the same thing ;)

• TheSliderTheSlider Member Posts: 46

The FRS thing is happening in Chapter 3 (on TC).  Instead of being for Jedi, it replaces the faction system.

Yeah, so now you can be a General... but wait... Knowing $OE hands out stuff for free you used to have to work hard to acquire, won't everyone be a General in a week?

Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians... right?  Where is the fun in that??

Oh I forgot, I'm replying to Obraik... For the love of Christ dude, stay in your own forum!!!

• SelothSeloth Member Posts: 388

The problem here Obriak, in that you are making a claim that this pvp system is LIKE FRS. You have no experience iin the prior system (FRS) and how all empassing for the jedi(well accroding to yoru own admission). Pardon me if i find you trying to compare pvp rankings and the rewards for a sub-system to FRS, as insulting as heck. You currently do not face nearly the same issues we did. Xps loss (once you were negative you were template locked esentially, which was a pain when the devs decided to modify things), pearl degeneration, vis, bh squads, decay on the rest of our stuff, etc.

All of the above you HAD to eat if you wanted to do anything with yrou class/profession as a jedi. Again in the cuyrrent system oif play, pvp is a sub-system, one that if you do you get access to certain benefits, but with none of the negatives that jedi faced.

Do you understand now? sorry his is not a half full glass issue. it is apples and oranges.

• DasharrDasharr Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by TheSlider

Originally posted by Obraik The FRS thing is happening in Chapter 3 (on TC). Instead of being for Jedi, it replaces the faction system. Yeah, so now you can be a General... but wait... Knowing $OE hands out stuff for free you used to have to work hard to acquire, won't everyone be a General in a week?
    Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians... right? Where is the fun in that??
    Oh I forgot, I'm replying to Obraik... For the love of Christ dude, stay in your own forum!!!

No, I reckon they'll do the other classic SOE tactic - they'll make the system overly harsh at first, so it would take forever to even get to the officer ranks. Then, after lots of complaints they'll make a big show of making it easier so they look like the good guys (to anyone who's not very observant), and so they get to say "hey, we're listening to you!".

Dasharr Eandall, SWG, Smuggler/Pistoleer (retired after 2.5+ years)

• KillerJimmyKillerJimmy Member Posts: 216

Originally posted by Darklighter1
    $OE could add the ability for me to actualy hook my brain into the computer and have me experience the game.  Wave around a lightsaber.  Kill stormtroopers with a thought.  I still wouldn't play.  Why?  Because $OE made it.  Yes, I hate them THAT much. 

rofl I should hate them that much, but I keep forgetting how much I hate them when I'm out of an $OE game for six months. I think I am getting better though and you know what is helping me? EA Games! Nothing reminds me of $OE like EA...the hate is burning strong again! The more terrible game developers there are, the more I will remember that I hate them all and then I won't be sucked back in!

To everyone intending to buy BF 2142: /slap! hehe

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by KillerJimmy

$OE could add the ability for me to actualy hook my brain into the computer and have me experience the game.  Wave around a lightsaber.  Kill stormtroopers with a thought.  I still wouldn't play.  Why?  Because $OE made it.  Yes, I hate them THAT much. 

rofl I should hate them that much, but I keep forgetting how much I hate them when I'm out of an $OE game for six months. I think I am getting better though and you know what is helping me? EA Games! Nothing reminds me of $OE like EA...the hate is burning strong again! The more terrible game developers there are, the more I will remember that I hate them all and then I won't be sucked back in!

I've played BF since 1942 ,Played Vietnam and BF2 loved them  . Tried said above beta , Uhgggggg.

EDIT: Though there is a Star Wars mod in development for it that looks quite interesting .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Originally posted by KillerJimmy

I can't hate EA.....  my cousin works there.  ;)
  • KillerJimmyKillerJimmy Member Posts: 216

Originally posted by Malickiebloo
    I've played BF since 1942 ,Played Vietnam and BF2 loved them  . Tried said above beta , Uhgggggg.

EDIT: Though there is a Star Wars mod in development for it that looks quite interesting .

Yea, I've played BF2... a lot. I think the bugs that never go away is pathetic, guess I'll just stick with Epic for FPS games. A friend of mine played Vietnam and loved it, but he was a hater of BF2. 2142 was hands down the worst beta I have ever seen and I've seen some stinkers. I would even have been tempted to accept being terrible, if it wasn't for the fact that it is just a BF2 mod. Every single BF2 bug seemed to be carried over and they added a whole host of new bugs.

A star wars BF2 mod would be sweet! heh I still wouldn't purchase 2142 for that mod though... Man, what I'd give to run around with lasers flying everywhere again!