Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banished?

2»

Comments

• OssirisWardOssirisWard Member Posts: 74

Guys, I dunno, I really don't see this as a bad thing...you know, cup half full stuff and all that...I mean, I think once we start seeing the posts here, in OUR forum, created especially for US, that we are comprised of so many active posters, and the NGE has 3 NGE fans discussing stuff amongst themselves, that they will see who their subcribers really are.....

Welcome to the old boys club, the officer's club etc.

*stretches out in lazy-buy recliner while sipping an ice cold brew* Munchies anyone? Let's get a game of Texas Hold em going!!

• MinimumMinimum Member UncommonPosts: 236

Originally posted by Admin

The forum is still here.  Now people who might enjoy the current version of the game have a place to discuss it, get game help, etc without having every topic hikacked with "SOE sucks", "SWG sucks", etc etc.
    Our goal is to cater to our members, and MANY of them have been complaining that our SWG boards are overfilled with haters that are preventing any non-angry discussion from happening.
    We have not silenced your voice - we just ask you to take your views about the "old" SWG to these forums and leave the other one for people who play SWG that need  place to discuss the game.
    It seems fair to us

ok
  • RappletekRappletek Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by OssirisWard

Guys, I dunno, I really don't see this as a bad thing...you know, cup half full stuff and all that...I mean, I think once we start seeing the posts here, in OUR forum, created especially for US, that we are comprised of so many active posters, and the NGE has 3 NGE fans discussing stuff amongst themselves, that they will see who their subcribers really are.....

Welcome to the old boys club, the officer's club etc.

*stretches out in lazy-buy recliner while sipping an ice cold brew* Munchies anyone? Let's get a game of Texas Hold em going!!

do we get port, and intelectual conversation that doesnt involve 'OMG U GOT PWND BY 20 JEDI'?

*pass the chips and dip.

World of Darkness its coming are you excited?

• OuchmuchOuchmuch Member Posts: 340

The forum is still here.  Now people who might enjoy the current version of the game have a place to discuss it, get game help, etc without having every topic hikacked with "SOE sucks", "SWG sucks", etc etc.
    Our goal is to cater to our members, and MANY of them have been complaining that our SWG boards are overfilled with haters that are preventing any non-angry discussion from happening.
    We have not silenced your voice - we just ask you to take your views about the "old" SWG to these forums and leave the other one for people who play SWG that need  place to discuss the game.
    It seems fair to us

There is an irony in this statement everyone has overlooked so far... players of the current swg have official boards to discuss the current game on. I think in the end the results will be that the team here at mmorpg will have simply increased their workload /shrug.
  • GearboxGearbox Member UncommonPosts: 25

The forum is still here. Now people who might enjoy the current version of the game have a place to discuss it, get game help, etc without having every topic hikacked with "SOE sucks", "SWG sucks", etc etc.
    We have not silenced your voice - we just ask you to take your views about the "old" SWG to these forums and leave the other one for people who play SWG that need place to discuss the game.
    It seems fair to us image
    I understand. It makes sense. However, none can deny we have become the "offical" we hate NGE" forum. Why anyone would want to come here and argue otherwise is beyond me. I also understand this website is a business and it caters to many different types of people so if it helps the website to segregate in some circustances so be it. Pleasing the consumer is number one. Unless of course you are SOE.......Hahaaaaaaa!!!!

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by Leel

Originally posted by Malickiebloo

Originally posted by Leel
    What made this forum different was the maturity level.  We did not need to be seperated.  The kids will still spam this board. 
    What kids are you refering to ? I mean come on

Didn't mean to offend. 

I was talking about the spamming lately, and trolling.  There is a difference.  I just feel that the Mods, have set themselves to do double the work.  Moderating 2 boards instead of one.

Not really.  Let's face it, we know which forum will have the most traffic.  This one.  If we stay clear of the NGE forum (and we shouldn't flame or troll there, bad form) it will basically not be a problem.

The problem will be when certain NGE'ers realize this (that they are 3 people and their alt handles talking to themselves) launch their jihad into THIS forum.  This will happen.  There are reasonable ones like Obraik who I don't mind having around as the "loyal opposition" but wait till Wepps and some of the Senators who no doubt post here under cover go ape.  THAT is when it gets ugly...

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by Gearbox

The forum is still here. Now people who might enjoy the current version of the game have a place to discuss it, get game help, etc without having every topic hikacked with "SOE sucks", "SWG sucks", etc etc.
    We have not silenced your voice - we just ask you to take your views about the "old" SWG to these forums and leave the other one for people who play SWG that need place to discuss the game.
    It seems fair to us

I understand. It makes sense. However, noone can deny we have become the "offical" we hate NGE" forum. why anyone would want to come here and argue otherwise is beyond me. I also understand this website is a business and it catersto many differetnt types of people so if it helps the website to segreate in some circustances so be it. Pleasing the consumer is number one. Unless of course you are SOE.......Hahaaaaaaa!!!!

Nice to see another Bloodfin refugee. 

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643

It seems fair to us

Two observations.

1.) I respectfully disagree with your contention highlighted in blue above.  This was not happening with every post, not even with a majority.  In fact, this was very much a minority occurence.

2.) I've already seen several posts relating to current game conditions in the Veteran Refuge forum - if you're actually going to enforce this bizarre split, I am waiting to see the requisite "POST DELETED" and/or ban stick lashings.  It very much appears that the Current forum is being allowed to cross-post in the Refuge forum, but the obverse is not.

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by tjvoodoo

The action of denouncing  numbers is not in anyway flaming . If you could refute such  a post with constructive feedback , Absent of flaming or insults . You are following the rules , It is also very much current game discussion . The current SWG forum scheme , Does not say Haters over here fanbois over there , Now does it ?

Correct it does'nt say pro-NGE only in current game thread but by the actions of the mods here, when i dispute the lies "some" of the pro-NGE claim, i can almost 99% guarantee i will be labelled NGE-hater thus i bet a pro-NGE player will then report me to forum mods - every time i post the truth there i will run the risk of a forum ban.

I see this move as nothing more than a way to appease SOE and its dwindling number of customers, what makes it worse is SOE did this to me after 2 1/2 years and now MMORPG.com have followed suit - i can still post here, i can still play SWG, but is pushing me aside to cater for the NGE players the correct move, SOE dev's recent posts say it wasnt right so why has MMORPG just gone down the same road.

Its down to each persons perspective - do you feel pushed aside from this move or dont you ? i think ive made mine pretty clear and there is only 1 action left for me to take.

Welcome to the forum with a bias opinion.

Don't take my comment the wrong way , I see where you are coming from . And how you may come to such a conclusion .

To answer your question , No I really don't feel pushed aside . I actually can see where MMORPG.Com, Is partly right about their assertions . But that dosen't mean, I also don't see how some may not agree with it .

IMO this may relieve some of the tension between NGEers and Refugee Vets  . A little more moderation was also needed imo . The amount of trolling and flaming going on while not drastic , Was enough to warrant action by the mods .

As far as the two sides go , I really claim no part of either . I don't play , And never again plan to do so . Unless I am serverly disappointed by the next crop of mmo's to hit the market . If I were to play again , And thats a big IF .I would prefer it be pre-cu , Though I have no faith in that atm .

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    With the above said  , I feel no animosity to post in either section , As you say .You prefer the truth be known, Well I completely agree  . But that is in regard to both sides . If I see something  said by an NGE player  , That I know is a complete fabrication . I would let such be known , But the same goes for the other side of the coin .
    But that is easily done without insulting said person , Or a portion of a community . 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

The action of denouncing  numbers is not in anyway flaming . If you could refute such  a post with constructive feedback , Absent of flaming or insults . You are following the rules , It is also very much current game discussion . The current SWG forum scheme , Does not say Haters over here fanbois over there , Now does it ?

Correct it does'nt say pro-NGE only in current game thread but by the actions of the mods here, when i dispute the lies "some" of the pro-NGE claim, i can almost 99% guarantee i will be labelled NGE-hater thus i bet a pro-NGE player will then report me to forum mods - every time i post the truth there i will run the risk of a forum ban.

I see this move as nothing more than a way to appease SOE and its dwindling number of customers, what makes it worse is SOE did this to me after 2 1/2 years and now MMORPG.com have followed suit - i can still post here, i can still play SWG, but is pushing me aside to cater for the NGE players the correct move, SOE dev's recent posts say it wasnt right so why has MMORPG just gone down the same road.

Its down to each persons perspective - do you feel pushed aside from this move or dont you ? i think ive made mine pretty clear and there is only 1 action left for me to take.

Welcome to the forum with a bias opinion.

Don't take my comment the wrong way , I see where you are coming from . And how you may come to such a conclusion .

To answer your question , No I really don't feel pushed aside . I actually can see where MMORPG.Com, Is partly right about their assertions . But that dosen't mean, I also don't see how some may not agree with it .

IMO this may relieve some of the tension between NGEers and Refugee Vets  . A little more moderation was also needed imo . The amount of trolling and flaming going on while not drastic , Was enough to warrant action by the mods .

As far as the two sides go , I really claim no part of either . I don't play , And never again plan to do so . Unless I am serverly disappointed by the next crop of mmo's to hit the market . If I were to play again , And thats a big IF .I would prefer it be pre-cu , Though I have no faith in that atm .

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    With the above said  , I feel no animosity to post in either section , As you say .You prefer the truth be known, Well I completely agree  . But that is in regard to both sides . If I see something  said by an NGE player  , That I know is a complete fabrication . I would let such be known , But the same goes for the other side of the coin .
    But that is easily done without insulting said person , Or a portion of a community . 

You still keep in touch with any of the old FIGHT guys? If you got Myspace (yeah it sux) there is a group of Bloodfin players there. A lot of em from the old Rebelion guilds.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

You still keep in touch with any of the old FIGHT guys? If you got Myspace (yeah it sux) there is a group of Bloodfin players there. A lot of em from the old Rebelion guilds.

Really ? didn't know about that . The last Fight member I spoke to was a Epix few months ago  . Before that it was around march . While playing WOW , I would log into an alt on archemod (SP) and chat with Delz here and there. I appreciate the heads up though I'll have to check that out and see who I find .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Really ? didn't know about that . The last Fight member I spoke to was a Epix few months ago  . Before that it was around march . While playing WOW , I would log into an alt on archemod (SP) and chat with Delz here and there. I appreciate the heads up though I'll have to check that out and see who I find .

Archimonde, same server Me and some of the other NDC folks are on.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by Gearbox

I feel like a smoker who has now been told to stand in front of the building. Oh well now at least it will be easier to find relevant posts I guess.::::20::

Congrats....  Being banished or banned from the suck boards is like a right of passage.  Much like losing your cherry as a kid, now you can hang out and smoke with the older kids outside the arcade and make up stories about how you did so and so's girlfriend behind the 7-11...     Welcome, pull up a post and sit awhile....

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin