Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sleeper Hit of 2004?

SandozSandoz Member Posts: 31

This game has nowhere near the hype of EQII or WOW, but from what I've heard and read I seriously think this game might just surprise us all. Some of the ideas put forth by the dev team sound incredible (weapon leveling, virtue system, unique questing system, etc...). It's all shaping up to be a top-notch release.

Has anyone been following the press releases closely? The dev seems very experienced and competent.

Comments

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I agree, that one can come and steal a lot of points from below, without anyne really thinking about it. It does seem like they have looked at the past history of MMOs and tried to add all the things people speak warmly about.

I am.... a bit against my will actually, keeping track of that game. It can become a pleasant surprise.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• bsherlockbsherlock Member Posts: 491

From all the games due for release this year this certainly seems to be the best. i have read every word on the official site and it looks the business. At least fun wise it does, tho it seems to be very action orientated rather than role-playing (which isnt such a bad thing image)

Muahahahahahahaha

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

• NeolanceNeolance Member Posts: 44
    I hadn't heard of this game till one of my friends had started talking about it.  After talking to him I decided to look into it and it looks like it will be be really good.  I just hope that what i have seen will actually be in the game.   

• Asc0ttAsc0tt Member Posts: 4

The Dev team consists of the head members of UO's original Dev team, so they should have a lot of experience, and if any of you have played UO for its first 3-4 years you would hopefully agree. Although don't play Ultima Online (UO) now because it sucks for a list of reasons I won't bore you with -_-

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831

Originally posted by Sandoz

This game has nowhere near the hype of EQII or WOW, but from what I've heard and read I seriously think this game might just surprise us all. Some of the ideas put forth by the dev team sound incredible (weapon leveling, virtue system, unique questing system, etc...). It's all shaping up to be a top-notch release.
    Has anyone been following the press releases closely? The dev seems very experienced and competent.

I would not agree with you that this game doesn't have as much hype as the other ones coming out.  UXO has a very large fan base because of the success of the original (at the beginning).....I do agree about it looking very good, though....hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a bust.

• AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109
    UXO looks like a good game but the only way I will play it is if it comes out before World of Warcraft or if I get into beta. I will be to busy playing WoW otherwise. :) If UXO turns out to be really good I might just have to play both but I always have trouble playing more than one MMORPG.

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

I agree, this could be the sleeper hit of the year.  I really look forward to playing it.  Fanbase and hype are two different things; everyone knows about WoW and EQ2, and I would venture to say only more experienced people are keeping an eye on uxo.  That will change when it has a strong debut and then everyone will know about it (I hope at least).

What does everyone else think?

• BobsavageBobsavage Member Posts: 61
    Anybody know when the beta is going to start? I won the beta contest a few months ago..... I still cant wait to play it. It looks like a great game

• AlistairAlistair Member UncommonPosts: 318
    This could have been the sleeper hit of the year...after EA shut down Origins, The top four devs (the entire public face of the dev team, including Calandryll, John Hanna, the lead dev) left the team.  What is to become of UXO is still unknown at this point.  Basically, everyone's waiting to see what EA has to say, but mum is the word from them.

Socializer 73%
    Explorer 66%
    Achiever 53%
    Killer 6%

Killer 100% Socializer 40% Explorer 33% Achiever 27%

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420
    Sleeper hit of 2004? It won't be released this year, that's for sure. 2005 maybe... or maybe never.

• SumerNivekSumerNivek Member Posts: 57
    Nah, City of Heros will be the sleeper hit for this year.

Sumer Nivek

MMORPGs played: Ultima Online, World War II Online, Star Wars Galaxies...

Currently waiting for City of Heros and World of Warcraft.

Sumer Nivek

MMORPGs played: Ultima Online, World War II Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and City of Heros...

Currently waiting for World of Warcraft.

• NilParagonNilParagon Member Posts: 57

If it's anything like what UO turned into then I'm out...

----------------------------------------
    You get no information from me!!!

• AzronAzron Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by Sandoz

LOL I bet you feel stupid now that its canceled. This game is nowhere new WoW let alone EQII

• jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355
    blast from the past
  • XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Great necro.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

My first RPG was Ultima IV...a game where your ultimate goal wasnt to kill a main, evil character, but to become a paragon of humanity. This was achieved through your actions, great and small.

I was looking forward to this game, where it was basically Ultima IV, en masse.

i guess you can never go home again.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

This discussion has been closed.