Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New day and age, evolutionary mmos?

Hi, I'm new to the forums here, obviously ^^. But, I have been playing MMO's for a long time now. I have seen all kinds of things, from games that would make you laugh, to games that would down right make you cry .
However, I have enjoyed this experience. It has taught me, that I used to, and used to is the key word here, like MMORPG's. Now, i'm not saying I don't anymore, no no, not at all. I'm saying, I don't like the style of them anymore. Sure, Point and click was fun, pvp was cool, slaying newbs who just trying to have fun, was indeed fun. Killing your unsuspecting friends, and getting kicked out of the guild and being hunted down and killed over and over again was a blast. But it all seems kinda dry. Point and click seems so...basic. And the WASD function they have added to most newer mmo's is a sad attemp to make it feel...fun. When really, we all get into the grind, and at some point, we realize, that playing street fighter with our friends on the super nintendo was fun, playing area 51 in the arcade with the asian kid you didn't know, was fun. But this...this isnt fun. Now, I in no way mean to say everyone feels that way. I'm sure plenty of you love spending mindless hours gaining level after level, doing quest after quest, to get..new gear, so you can get more levels, and do more quests, for more money and gear, and when you get to the top, with the best of the best, and you've dont it all, to move on to the next game. However me, i'm different. I want something more in an mmo (which is probably why i'm in college to become a graphics animator, I may not be able to by myself, but atleast I can start somewhere), I want, action, fast paced, in your face, action. Sure, theres many games that imitate it, like fable for instance (good game, not quite mmo quality though). I haven't seen one fun, mmorpg, with the exception of space cowboy, but I wont count that, on acount that its space ships, and the game is kind of small . So, maybe someone can shine some light, or perhaps just bring a new opinion to the table, i'm open to all!

Also, please, if you know of any OPEN BETA MMOS, fitting an action type, or soon to be beta, please post it in here.

Comments

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I think your looking for darkfall
    www.darkfallonline.com

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• KaibyakuKaibyaku Member Posts: 65
    I think your right.

• tubelighttubelight Member UncommonPosts: 276
    even Huxley might fit your description...check it out www.huxleygame.com or http://www.webzengames.com/Game/Huxley/default.asp

I watch webzen, huxley looks more like an fps than an MMO though doesnt it? I'm thinking more rpg, not OBLIVION style or anything, just more action based. 

• BronzeFlameBronzeFlame Member Posts: 3
    At the moment I'm waiting for Fallen Earth, a post apocalyptic MMO. Beta is yet to be announced though, but from what the small community waiting for it can gather, it might fit your description of what you want.

Sounds good. I will definately be checking that out. Looks nice.

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Originally posted by Kaibyaku

I watch webzen, huxley looks more like an fps than an MMO though doesnt it? I'm thinking more rpg, not OBLIVION style or anything, just more action based. 

Yes, it is an FPS, but an FPSMMORPG to what I understand, go to the following site:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/huxley/media.html

And, watch the "Huxley Live Demo"...it explains a lot -- sort of.

--
    Michael

• Shalak1989Shalak1989 Member Posts: 96
    Hopefully the developers are getting a clue on the easy way to make a lot of money... make a non-auto attack skill based mmorpg. I know that i've learned from playing these games what NOT to do in making a game and some things you might want to do >_>.

Originally posted by Shalak1989
    Hopefully the developers are getting a clue on the easy way to make a lot of money... make a non-auto attack skill based mmorpg. I know that i've learned from playing these games what NOT to do in making a game and some things you might want to do >_>.

What do you mean about the non auto attack?

And as for things NOT to do in making a game, well, you really shouldnt focus on, what not to do, what your going to do, thats different. Instead of using whats already out there, I think developers need to be focusing on what they can do, that no one else has. Or in NCsofts case, do something they haven't already done. I think there's many lines not to cross, but then again, theres many lines people tell you not to cross, that would probably be interesting if you did.

Can you elaborate more on your post, you caught my interest.

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    I am surely getting that freakin huxley online game. That game going to kick so much ass.

• Reaver20Reaver20 Member Posts: 4
    The only MMORPG I got into was EQ and EQ2 (for about a month or less) and all I've got to say is that although these types of games (WoW, EQ2, DAOC, etc) are nice and all, I want to see some games that arent point at monster, click on monster, click attack (or cast a spell, etc).  Im hoping they devise a way to fight creatures that relies on both the level of your character but also your ability to do something.  What exactly that something is, I don't know, Im not the game designer.  Something that really stirs things up so that if your a level 13 but you can do that something very well, you could actually beat a level 15 who isn't so good at that something despite both of you wearing the same armor.  And Im not talking about hitting a button, having a level go up and down and timing the 2nd click on time, something more elaborate than that.  The only downfall to this is that there are some people that will get too discouraged because they aren't as good and will give up rather than work harder to be better.  

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
    I think OP would be satisfied with the revolutionary new Chinese MMORPG "IMAST TEKECHIT".  See similar thread about this game on this forum.
  • BlueCoyoteBlueCoyote Member Posts: 244

Originally posted by Billius8
    I think OP would be satisfied with the revolutionary new Chinese MMORPG "IMAST TEKECHIT".  See similar thread about this game on this forum.

We got the joke weeks ago, Billius. It's not funny anymore.
  • donkey35donkey35 Member Posts: 45
    Darkfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkfall the only real game (if it comes out)