Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Movement by clicking?!!!

StereoviewerStereoviewer Member Posts: 238

I heard this game will have movement by clicking on the ground in front. That is AWEFUL!!! Is this true? This alone makes me not wanna play it (the other features seems very interesting though).

Comments

• MurralsMurrals Member Posts: 3
    Yes it is point and click. I was going to try beta before I completely ruled the game out.   image

If every fool wore a crown we would all be kings.

If every fool wore a crown we would all be kings.

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

Point and click seems to be a personal preference along with the first person versus third person views.

L2 is point and click, but also uses the keyboard too, so you have both but it is majority point and click.

You can move with the arrows keys, the only thing that you need to do is make sure that you don't have the blinking cursor in the chat window (if you do, the arrow keys won't do anything). To get the blinking cursor off the chat window just click on the ground somewhere and that will do it, and then you can run and navigate with the arrow keys.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

• StereoviewerStereoviewer Member Posts: 238
    Thank god for that. Back in busienss...

• FarFullFarFull Member Posts: 18
    yeah it's hardly point and clicking... I use the keys a lot.. click to attack sometimes, but you have the option of hot-keying the 'target nearest target'.. and all I do then is hold down right mouse button to move the view... it's a little funky actually.. but it's still very nice

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

The point and click to move thing was one of my biggest worries before trying Lineage 2.  I had hated it in previous games like shadowbane and had sworn off playing a mmorpg with that type of movement again. 

After hearing you could use keys to move I have been playing and found the point and click implemented so well that I end up using that most of the time. 

I still would have prefered using keys to move but these guys did an amazing job with the point and click as well.  The key movement is a bit clunky in this game so even though I might prefer it, it just doesnt work as well as the point and click does here.

• EntropyEntropy Member Posts: 3

I'm also very worried about the movement.  I really hate Point-click movement and am crossing my fingers the keyboard options work well.

• FarFullFarFull Member Posts: 18
    well, you CAN hold down on the right clicker, and move around with the keys... which i like best