Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few things that stop me playing

DeadlyByDezDeadlyByDez Member Posts: 152
ok I have officially gotten REEEEALLY bored of WoW and GW  has been sitting on my drive for a while now. The only thing that has stopped me from playing it so far is the worldwide instancing and the lack of RP anywahere.

as for the first point, i find the instancing off putting as I just prerfer a more persistant feel. But I want to over come this (what I would deem) megative and start playing this again. Can someone tell me how the best way to approach this would be

The second point (ie rp) is very important to me. NC have a universe steeped in lore and rich stories and characters that it oozes from the screen, yet finding an rp guild is asim possible as locating paris hiltons dignity. Am i alone in this reasoning?

I am one click away from playing my elementalist and rinsing myself of that WoW filth..please help me!

Comments

• DangerMuseDangerMuse Member Posts: 31

Just play it.

You've got absolutely nothing to lose, if you already own the game. I used to feel the same way about the instancing, but after a few days playing, I honestly didn't care. As somone mentioned on another thread, Ialso  agree that there's a much greater sense of community spirit in the game than say, WoW (the last mmorpg I played).

The game really hooks you in, if you just give it a chance. And because I'm perosnally big on pvp, GW has staying power for me.

• yozhurayozhura Member Posts: 16
    Look here - http://www.gwrpa.org/ for other roleplayers.

• BLaCKouTZzBLaCKouTZz Member Posts: 10
    Only downside of GW i'd have to say, u need a freakin text doc to keep track on who ur friends are on ur friendlist  but thats everything...

I started playin with the beta cuz of my job as a reviewer @ a magazine... and ever hooked since... even my gf pops online once in a while... so I'd say its not seriously not boring if she plays it...

You need to just go out there, talk in towns chances are theres more people there in need of a buddy to help em with a quest or something. Look at the professions... if you are a monk and u have some skills, go to mission outposts like Thunderhead Keep or in the more advanced missions in Factions... You likely never have to wait for an invite.

I'm enjoying this game for a  long time now, even played WoW, but that just wasnt it for me.

Just give it some time, why? It's a once in a lifetime payment u make, for 1 chap. and you can keep playing