Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What newcomers think about L2

DangerMuseDangerMuse Member Posts: 31

Not my words, but the thoughts of a newbie to the game posting on the offficial boards -

"
    I cannot believe what i saw when i started here.
    I am new to Lineage 2.
    I play MMOs for many , many years and never, i repeat never ever experienced such cheat    supporting game than this.
I started in Orc village, it was full of bots and nobody cared.
   The area around exactly the same.
    I first killed them but it gave karma and they were back very fast to go on killing mobs.
   Since this game runs already some years i assume that NCSoft is ok with this cheating players or   not able to stop this.
   I
will tell anyone who asks me about what i experienced in this game and
that i highly regret that    i payed money for it. I will never again
return into this and i feel betrayed.
                                                    "
Now if you're reading this post and the clicky returns with a dead link, it probrably means that the player has been banned for posting his honest thought about the corruption within the game.

Nice way to treat your customers, huh?

Its a lose-lose situation, and a soon-to-be dead game.

Comments

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325

Well the post is still there! BTW he probally won't be banned, but his post will probally be deleated. Since it is a violation of their forum rules to talk about bots anywhere but the official bot thread!

I am sure this is the experience of a lot of new players, but not all of them. What about that new player that happens to see a bot de-level and then drop something good! Bet he is like, whoa sweet! What about the new player that meets another new player or two, or a reroll or alt of an existing player.

I will agree, this game has lost most of it's charm from the good ol' days. But will it being a dying game? No I highly doubt it! Why you may ask? Because there are so many farmers, and everyone that likes PvP a lot will buy their adena and power leveling services. This game will never die because in reality, it only needs 50 hardcore PvPers on a server and 2,000 bots to support them. Is it sad? Most definately!

Will I continue to play this game? Yes! Why? Because I like it! What about the bots? Well they can shove their farmed adena up their ass, when I kill them and take 3 million worth in items! What about the cheating done by normal players? Well that one gets me the most, but in every game just as many are cheating...it just isn't so obvious, so at least I know who is a cheater and who isnt!

So I guess you can say I will play L2 until I get banned, or L3 comes out...whichever comes first.

• GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154
    Soon to be dead? This game has been out for how many years? Three or four years? Farmers
    spawned on the first day of Open Beta. Despite the farmer issues, L2 does have a strong
    sense of community that keeps people playing and other game features: Open PVP, Seiging,
    graphics, etc.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

No, this won't hurt L2,

After doing some research and giving it some thought I'm estimating that anywhere from 40 - 50% of all MMOers (WoW, EQx, L2, DDO, FFXI and any other popular game) are currency buyers.

The massive amounts of money involved in this market support this. The MMO audience is not very big. This implies a large percentage of support by the users. Also, the fact IGE owns almost every MMO website and advertise on them all (costing them millions of dollars a year) pretty much seals the opinion.

And L2 is a small fish in the west. Its WoW. The #1 WoW info site THOTBOT (owned by IGE) alone generates more revenue for IGE a year then most MMO games do at all.

All this time I've been preaching against it while everyone else was doing it........

Take a look at Jorev's no gold site, he has some very intereting articles collected there.

Don't feel bad about playing L2. Its a great MMO. Nothing is going on there that isn't going on in any other game.

NCSoft needs to learn to not punish the "other 50%" who don't approve of this.

• DangerMuseDangerMuse Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Torak

No, this won't hurt L2,
    After doing some research and giving it some thought I'm estimating that anywhere from 40 - 50% of all MMOers (WoW, EQx, L2, DDO, FFXI and any other popular game) are currency buyers.
    The massive amounts of money involved in this market support this. The MMO audience is not very big. This implies a large percentage of support by the users. Also, the fact IGE owns almost every MMO website and advertise on them all (costing them millions of dollars a year) pretty much seals the opinion.
    And L2 is a small fish in the west. Its WoW. The #1 WoW info site THOTBOT (owned by IGE) alone generates more revenue for IGE a year then most MMO games do at all.
    All this time I've been preaching against it while everyone else was doing it........
    Take a look at Jorev's no gold site, he has some very intereting articles collected there.
    Don't feel bad about playing L2. Its a great MMO. Nothing is going on there that isn't going on in any other game.
    NCSoft needs to learn to not punish the "other 50%" who don't approve of this.

Well I guess that makes me equally naive, as well then. (been playing these games for over 5 years now)

This must also mean than a reasonable portion of complainers (anti rmter's) must be liars/hypocrites as well, (friends included).

Also, I decided against resubbing to L2, and vote with my wallet. It's been over a year since I last played, and was only interested in playing through some of the lastest chronicle updates. Now I won't bother

The point I was originally trying to make was, that as CONSUMERS, we have the RIGHT to expect the publishers/developers to uphold their end of the agreement, via the EULA.

As for right now, I'll settle for the fact that Lineage ][ is the laughing stock of the genre, as far as cheating is concerned.

Originally posted by DangerMuse
    Well I guess that makes me equally naive, as well then. (been playing these games for over 5 years now)

This must also mean than a reasonable portion of complainers (anti rmter's) must be liars/hypocrites as well, (friends included).

Also, I decided against resubbing to L2, and vote with my wallet. It's been over a year since I last played, and was only interested in playing through some of the lastest chronicle updates. Now I won't bother

The point I was originally trying to make was, that as CONSUMERS, we have the RIGHT to expect the publishers/developers to uphold their end of the agreement, via the EULA.

As for right now, I'll settle for the fact that Lineage ][ is the laughing stock of the genre, as far as cheating is concerned.

No, I wouldn't say L2 is the laughing stock of the genre. L2 is the prime "visible" example of the potential money to be made at this.

The third party gold farmers are easily making 50 times the amount they ever could in L2 in WoW. Remember, I checked my server in WOW and it was sold out on IGE. Can you believe that? The populations of 4 to 5 WoW servers is easily greater then everyone in L2, bots included, combined. 

WOW is the laughing stock of the genre, only its the gold sellers laughing all the way to the bank. 

So what do we do now? Stop playing all MMO's??????????

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    If you don't like farmers and cheaters, I suggest playing a game that isn't on the internet. Whenever multiple users connect to play a game there is always a chance for cheating, be it aim hacks, buying currency, botting, exploiting, etc. etc.

Actually the EULA is something for the USER to agree to not the company. When you click accept that means you won't do those things. The EULA is rules for the player, not the company. The company should uphold this agreement, but it is actually the players that are wrong. EULA = END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

The EULA isn't legally binding, you can't be arrested for breaking it (well the parts of it that most of us are concerned about). So these aren't breaking laws, meaning they aren't illegal. You won't be arrested if you are playing monopoly and they find out you are dipping into the bank, but I am pretty sure people won't play or let you play anymore.

The problem is, it is hard to find the people that are dipping into the bank in a virtual world where thousands of people connect and get money in a sorts of different ways some legit and some by alternate means, each can look exactly the same, unless you were actually there taking one's RL cash for Virtual money, or watching them load up the bot program. It takes tons of investigation otherwise to be 99.5% sure.

Side note..........

I was playing DAoC last night. Me and the wife are in the starter guild. Guess what the hot topic was in the guild chat?

Where to buy the cheapest currency and what company was trust worthy.

This is truely a lost fight.

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Well,

This is my last post on the L2 board here. (Cancelled the game and moved on)

So the thread from the main board doesn't die, I'm leaving a link here. Anyone interested in L2, please look these events of the new server launch (Franz) over carefully before you pay NCSoft to play this game.

Its is a great game. Of all the MMO's I've played, I've enjoyed this one most. NCSoft has given up on the fight against farmers and botters and instead just "shuts up" anyone who points it out. So sad.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/94011 

These pic's are from last year, almost all of them are gone from the game now anyway. Many would have stayed if it wasn't for crap like this.

Torak.....What is it that you are doing ???  You said you would not post anymore here ?

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

I lied I guess lol,

Honestly, it something that is ongoing I guess. Especially with what I have found out about the crrency industry and more events in other games over the last 2 weeks.

• DAOC - players asking where to buy currency
    • WoW, recieved ingame emails for currency.

What the f*ck can you do??? 

• NastyNitroNastyNitro Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Jukan
    If you don't like farmers and cheaters, I suggest playing a game that isn't on the internet. Whenever multiple users connect to play a game there is always a chance for cheating, be it aim hacks, buying currency, botting, exploiting, etc. etc.

Actually the EULA is something for the USER to agree to not the company. When you click accept that means you won't do those things. The EULA is rules for the player, not the company. The company should uphold this agreement, but it is actually the players that are wrong. EULA = END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

The EULA isn't legally binding, you can't be arrested for breaking it (well the parts of it that most of us are concerned about). So these aren't breaking laws, meaning they aren't illegal. You won't be arrested if you are playing monopoly and they find out you are dipping into the bank, but I am pretty sure people won't play or let you play anymore.

The problem is, it is hard to find the people that are dipping into the bank in a virtual world where thousands of people connect and get money in a sorts of different ways some legit and some by alternate means, each can look exactly the same, unless you were actually there taking one's RL cash for Virtual money, or watching them load up the bot program. It takes tons of investigation otherwise to be 99.5% sure.

Once agin Jukan you are on fire with this comment,  although with the EULA one of the stipulations is hacking or cheating in wich you can be legally processed for, IE shadowbane when someone hacked their entire server, those people were sued(not sure about jailtime) but i know they did catch 2 or 3 people Article as followes http://wired.com/news/games/0,2101,59034,00.html . but ya otherwise keep on the good fight!