Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting sick of wow and wanting to come back...

AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

Well I cannot seem to find a game since everquest 1 I did play coh/cov before but not very long it got boring to fast but I do not spend as much time gaming now days so I may not get burned out trying to level my characters, now its been about maybe 5 months since I have played, wow is fun at first but I cannot get a character to even 50 because I make another character and get bored again. the quests and pve just does not give me enough in that game. My friend is still on wow and that is the only reason I stayed but I just do not enjoy it anymore.

So my question is has anything changed lately? Would I find it fun and interested enough to stick with it? This is speaking for coh and cov thanks in advance everyone!

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,852

No, not really.

The only thing new for CoV is the high level stuff which isn't very good and Issue 7 broke as much stuff as it added.

Issue 8 is coming in the next month or so but it adds nothing new, pretty much just stuff they should have had in Issue 7.

When my subscription for CoV runs out at the end of this month I'll be quiting again. I will return later for Issue 9 or 10 or possibly when Cryptic isn't so slow and incompetent.

Stick with WoW or go somewhere else, now is a bad time to return to CoH/CoV.

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437
    While that may sound reasonable, im not worried about the little things, usually I just go witht he flow plus youd think by the time the newer issues come out I would probably just start getting bored, I think my problem before is I always tried only playing one character, and played this game to much, like I said now days I spread out my activities more...
  • vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

Yeah first I started off with WoW - left to play CoH. Came back to WoW. Then left again when CoV released

I was going to cancel my account but for some stupid reason I joined a new villain group right before my account canceled. So I figured I'd give the game nother shot you know? I got a 49 brute but still just lost the energy to play. Everyone is leaving the game for WoW or going back to heroes. If you check the PvP General forum there is actually a thread about major pvp guilds leaving CoH for WoW.

Personally I'm burned out on MMOs pretty much. I have realized they are just grind, grind, grind. Kinda just waiting for Fury since it looks like it has no grind. Might start backup on Guild Wars. Also, helping with Dark Messiah multiplayer beta which is shaping up into something.

Really just waiting for Neverwinter Nights 2

• FuturiasFuturias Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Angelbound
    While that may sound reasonable, im not worried about the little things, usually I just go witht he flow plus youd think by the time the newer issues come out I would probably just start getting bored, I think my problem before is I always tried only playing one character, and played this game to much, like I said now days I spread out my activities more...

From this response, it sounds like your original question was rhetorical so I am not understanding why you posted in the first place.  Already sounds like you are dead set on liking the game and returning no matter what anyone says here.

As Angelbound had said, the game has not really changed.  The only thing that sticks out in my mind are the Mayhem Missions but the Ageia Physics engine has yet to be used to really change the game mechanics.  The game at the beginning was some hamburger with some salt for flavor and now it has some A-1 Sauce added but it is still hamburger and has not moved onto steak.  Take it for what's worth though it seems you have already made up your mind and those responding are wasting their time.

First of all you should not assume my mind when nothing of what I said implied what you claim, at the time I did not have my mind made up, poor assumption on your part. And on top of that I think your just trying to find a way to make yourself look high and mighty to make yourself feel better just sad. Besides the point I dont nik pick at the little things like some do and im just saying those things wont bother me I was looking for any other kind of information there might have been.

If im the one wasting everyones time why are you in my post anyways? You did that to yourself, you do not have to come read this niether does anyone else, if you want to say something then learn to stop trolling or stay the hek out of my thread good day.

I just like to point out the fallacy of your original post.  The fact you want to bash me(thx for the high and mighty comment tho, I like that) and ask absolutely nothing about any more comments on the game in that same post, again suggests you truly don't care about anyone's opinion.  Very simple(or do you need pictures?).

But sticking to the topic(again, if you care), the character creation is still great, the combat still fast paced, traveling is much easier than WoW(faster and you get your travel at 14 instead of 40).  Unless you get with a good SG, you will not find much has changed in the way the game plays.  Unless you read all the stories and can immerse yourself in the CoX universe that combat can get boring real quick.  CoV on the other hand feels much more alive than CoH, the mobs have more character than just standing around waiting to be attacked and the look of the zones have a more gritty feel as opposed to the shiness of CoH.  If you are coming back then goto Freedom or Virtue if you value teaming.  Teaming is where CoX still shines and I believe where you have the most fun.  Versus WoW, I can only point out the character creation, travel and combat as coming out ahead in CoX, everything else WoW does better imo.

Originally posted by vajuras

Really just waiting for Neverwinter Nights 2

I'm waiting for Gods & Heroes.  From what I've seen, great combat engine AND more depth than CoX.
    Well to me you look like your the one that was getting high and mighty, I see many people like this in the forums and they just love picking at others and trying to find every mistake in there posts and make assumptions. Half the stuff you claimed was not even true, you do not know me bud and you really should ask me why instead of pointing the finger like you were. And on the topic, I really like teaming and cox is way more casual for me im not into the raiding games anymore to much nonsense for me.

I wouldn't mind raiding, ala Hamidon, if it weren't such a lagfest everytime.  One of the reasons mentioned for the 17 aggro limit was to keep processing within reasonable limits.  That completely falls apart for Hamidon and with the Giant Monster change as well considering another player places more strain on your framerates than an NPC.  We will be getting a Strike Force similar to CoVs, which will be a nice alternative for high-end content beyond Hamidon but I believe that is Issue 9 not 8.

I would say this game is very solo friendly too though. Perhaps even the most solo-friendly MMORPG out there. The missions "scale" based on how many people are in your party. Now, support classes are going to have a problem soloing, but most people can figure that out going in. There are some missions that require a group, but most of what you do can be done alone.

Leveling is longer and harder than WoW, yet instead of killing 1 monster, in the same lapse of time you will kill about 10 minions.  Best combat mechanic out there, VERY fast, yet despite everything it is a RPG, not an action game.  That's one thing that surprised me in WoW was being able to fight only one foe at a time and in comparison CoX will make you feel more powerful.    I would suspect the only game to come close to this aspect will be Gods & Heroes.

And its so funny when people make comments about you don't know me, that is your assumption, etc.  It even happens when people are agreeing with each other.  It's such a cop-out statement and I find certain people cannot defend themselves without it instead of clarifying their position.  Again, the fact you are still arguing with me instead of getting the answers you seek shows you care nothing for others opinion.

I got my answer long before you posted your rude comments, and I was only replying to you. I did not want anymore information, and the fact is you still do not know what kind of person I am. You are not within my mind or my heart how can you possibly assume you know me, you need to take a look in the mirror, I think you just didnt like how I pointed out your attitude towards me.
  • njdevi66njdevi66 Member UncommonPosts: 216

I got my answer long before you posted your rude comments, and I was only replying to you. I did not want anymore information, and the fact is you still do not know what kind of person I am. You are not within my mind or my heart how can you possibly assume you know me, you need to take a look in the mirror, I think you just didnt like how I pointed out your attitude towards me.

Dude, the guy was only trying to answer your question, he never even claimed he knew you. You need to take a break and go outside for a walk or something b/c you are just getting all rild up for nothing. Not once was he even rude to you either, so get a grip pal, or get lost.

First of all this is my thread dont tell me to get out, I think you need to get out if you want to start more drama in this thread. Also the guy claimed I was wasting everyones time doing this and that and thats no differant then claiming he knows who I am, what kind of person I am, and what I was thinking. And he was trying to find every little mistake in my post in an attempt to troll, call it what you want but the fact remains he was trolling, I was just curious about a few things and he had to get try to find something wrong with my post. If he really was friendly he would of asked me about it before he decided to make accusations about me.

Enough said.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

First of all you should not assume my mind when nothing of what I said implied what you claim, at the time I did not have my mind made up, poor assumption on your part. And on top of that I think your just trying to find a way to make yourself look high and mighty to make yourself feel better just sad. Besides the point I dont nik pick at the little things like some do and im just saying those things wont bother me I was looking for any other kind of information there might have been.
    If im the one wasting everyones time why are you in my post anyways? You did that to yourself, you do not have to come read this niether does anyone else, if you want to say something then learn to stop trolling or stay the hek out of my thread good day.

Well, the guy was questionning the reason why you post and ask questions.  It might have been slightly harsh and blunt, but it was not completely unlegetimate. I am sure you are a very nice person, but I humbly think you jump the guns here (I can be wrong, only my opinion).  Nothing wrong with that, I do that all the time!    After this post, most peoples would react quite negatively, it take a lot of qualities to answer nicely to such a post.

I hope you ain't going to be angry at me, there are a lot of other stuff to be happy or angry about!    And CoV is the best/less bad MMO out there, so your definitely making a good choice in choosing it over anything else.  Peoples have cover many strong points quite well!  I didn't find any serious ill-comment about the game, peoples want more...and when you want more, it is a good sign.  Of course, I want more myself too!  I think they should have add at least 200 levels (or unlimited levels), 30 new ATs, more unlockables ATs and so on...but well, will have to settle for what they offer.  I admit that the game progress somewhat slowly, but slowly is better than been goofying around.

And please, keep talking and asking questions, if I find anything to answer nicely, I will...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Now this is a much better post thank you, all I asked for was a little respect. I tried to explain that I was not doing what others claimed in my first reply but that didnt go very far. Now I have been in forums many times and I can tell when someone is trolling, maybe they didnt mean to but thats pretty much what it was. I apologize if I came off rude as well but it does offend me when people accuse me of things without asking me about it first.

Now back to the subject coh/cov is a great game and im enjoying it im finally playing my first controller ill/rad, I gave up on blasters just not the same as dmg casters in other games heh, anyways hes alot of fun and I think there releasing new power sets in issue 8 and some better missions and etc for coh.

I am on champion server btw.

• GraugGraug Member Posts: 25

ok i cvan tell u this most AT's are not that good till u reach lvl 22 and can get single origin enhancements, so to that effect if u want to be a god in PVE build a super strenth/ invulnerability brute after about lvl 25 u will have to raise difficulty slider almost all the way up or all the way if u really want to be challenged. I currently play one on Guardian and have not found a mission i cannot solo ( aside from respec and Strike Forces). Masterminds at same lvl are my only competition on damage dealing.

I say super strength because of the power rage it lasts longer than build up on any other set and couple that with fury i can 1 shot miniuons that are 2 levels above my own.

The Lone Brute