Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STATS

Just wanting to get peoples opinion on the amount of stats in MMORPG's these days, most games i see have 'abilites', and a few stats such as strength etc, but where are the real stats?

I was a huge fan of pen and paper games, such as D&D and i want games with huge pages of numbers and tables so that it takes great skill to create the perfect character. They seem to be assuming that people dont understand stats, or dont like them, but i find that this prevents huge depth in games and variety of characters.

For example if your character is going to use a sword, i want to see his level in sword increase from 0 up to say 100 depending on how many experience points you put into sword use, rather than having sword skill, or maybe advanced sword skill. I want to know my exact change to hit etc. I would also like to see every imaginable stat included, not just weapon skill, but a full breakdown of every type of weapon usable, and skill in each weapon.

What does everyone else think about stats, and stats tables and the like? are you in favour, or against?

MUAHAHAHAHAHA