Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for current SWG CH players

Hi, could someone who still plays SWG tell me if the lastest patch on Feb. 24th fixed the pet bugs were they would run all over in combat, instead of standing their ground like they did before publish 6?

Here is a paste of the Feb 24 update:

Update Notes: 24 Feb 04

Imperial Intelligence has indicated a massive seismological reading from Yavin IV. There has been some indication that a secret Geonosian Lab was operating on the surface of the planet, but no confirmation has been made. The Imperial Military is rumored to be planning on operation to investigate, though rumors in Coronet indicate that both the Rebels and many criminal syndicates are also interested in obtaining the technology and research contained inside.

• Fixed a problem that caused spawning to stop on some planets.
  • Fixed a problem where pets wouldn't properly use an offset for "follow" and "attack".
  • Fixed some issues with art schematics related to the Bestine museum
  • Minor fixes to the Imperial crackdown
  • Various tweaks and fixes for the Geonosian dungeon
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to vote multiple times in Bestine
  • Experimentation should now work properly on vehicles
  • Improved server stability

----------------------------

I was wondering if the 2nd item fixed that problem? Or if you have any info from the official CH forums I would appreciate it! I cancelled my account about 8 days afte publish 6 because of this bug and no word from the Dev's at all about it. I was image!! But I'm eager to come back.....and I probly will even if its not fixed yet, I was.....well ok, am pretty addicted to this game...lol

Thanks if you have any info,

Badbowtie

Comments

• powermattpowermatt Member Posts: 12

I do not have any problems with my pets other than they sometimes get stuck if you are running through a town.  I have some pets such as a blurgg that will run away when they get beat on too bad and some pets such as rancors will pretty much fight until they die.  There is this crazy thing where they will run back and forth.  Like 100 meters one way and turn around and run back rinse and repeat.  I am not sure if this is becasue of the critter is trying to run or the critter is chasing them, but they do not stop fighting during this time and i suspect it is the critter running.  This sounds like the same issue you are mentioning in which case it is not fixed.  It never really bothers me though unless they run out of my range which they rarely do.  

I also should mention that I never really had problems with my pets attacking other than the occasional mutliple commands given to get them to attack.  I did however have trouble getting them to follow and keep following which I don't seem to have trouble with now.  The rancors are the only pets that ever get stuck in the cities not the smaller pets.