Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some sort of unlockable (like the PB and WS of cov)

are they going to bring out a cov equivelent of pb's and ws's as villan i quit dull without anything to unlock at lvl 50

Comments

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507
    They have said Nictus will be the first epic AT for COV...they also hinted that it may not be unlockable by getting to 50, but something like the RSF.  Havent heard any idea on when tho....
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by grinreaper
    They have said Nictus will be the first epic AT for COV...they also hinted that it may not be unlockable by getting to 50, but something like the RSF.  Havent heard any idea on when tho....

I9 is a likely guess, but it may be further than that...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• Blind_TerrorBlind_Terror Member Posts: 3

(Thanks to OceanBorn for this info)

You should know that there are not that much things confirmed about the upcoming Epic Archetypes, other than their names. Most things you'll hear are pure speculation. Only believe things that have official proof. Also, the devs decided that they're not going to use the lvl 50 rule to unlock an Epic AT anymore. What the alternate way hasn't been confirmed yet.

I'm not sure anyone else would bother explaining it as thoroughly as I, so here it goes, hopefully answering all your questions.

So far, the upcoming Epic ATs that are upcoming are:

I. Coralax - You can read about them in the CoV enemies profiles (on their main website.) Their story has debuted in CoV in the form of the Coralax-Hybrids enemies, the Cult of the Shapers Story Arc from Diviner Maros in Sharkhead Isle, and the Temple of Waters Strike Force in Sharkhead Isle. Nothing much has been said about it. So far, this is the most introduced upcoming Epic AT. They're most likely going to have lots of water/undersea powers.

Note: They also may have made a debut in CoH in the form of a mission/story arc in Striga Isle where there are talks of coral and founds of a fish-man (which, in speculation, is assumed to be the Virtea.)

Note: They're gonna make another debut in I7, as some Archetypes will be able to summon Coralax-Hybrids and Coral Gaurdians as pets, and correspondingly enough, Captain Mako's set is named Leviathan Mastery. The knowledge of these powers supposedly comes from the Coralax themselves.

II. Blood of the Black Stream - This Epic AT made it's debut on CoV as well in a story arc from Mr. Bocor. It's mentioned briefly, but that's all. The story arc is about getting a book, which turns out to be a journal of a man named Padre Henri, who seems to may have had ties with the BotBS. This, among other hints, have solely concluded that the BotBS are probably of Egyptian origin. As may have the Hellions involved in the Oil Spill, but that's a different story. The mission is easy to get, so I won't spoil anything.

Also, Statesman has confirmed in a live interview that they will be Shapeshifters.

Note: There was a mention of the Black Stream being the Nile River. Manticore (the dev) was quite pleased when someone finally figured it out. Wether or not the find was true or false remains unanswered.

III. Avilans - This concept has been on-demand for a long time due to the fact that it will have wings. These avian beings, supposedly, have debuted in CoH through a mission where you find weird bones that are hollow like a bird's. Nothing much has been oficially revealed other than that they are already designed on paper, and are just waiting for the right time to implement, according to Statesman.

IV. Incarnates - This is a weird concept because it hasn't been decided yet wether or not it'll be an Epic Archetype. It might be a bit confusing, but let me just show examples. Statesman is a Tanker Incarnate, and Lord Recluse is a Mastermind Incarnate. What does that show you? Well, that they're hybrids. But according to the devs, they're not sure what to do with it yet. There are official news about it all throughout CoX, but I can't list em all.

And don't forget, there has been no official word yet about wether or not which ones will only be for villains, for heroes or for both. Also, a word from Posi states that they have big plans for the upcoming Epic ATs in the upcoming issues. This was in an I7 interview. I may be using what he said to my advantage, but I think he means I8 and so on.

Here's what Positron said in the interview:
    (Just incase nobody has read it yet)

Question: "In CoH, the player can choose the epic characters Peacebringer and Warshade. Are any opposite epic characters for CoV planned?"

Answer: "Not for Issue 7, but future updates will have more Epic Archetypes for both Heroes and Villains. Epic Archetypes add a lot to the game, so we don't want to just slap on some powers together and call it an EAT. We have big, big plans for Epic Archetypes in upcoming issues."

Link to full interview here: http://www.cohmpendium.de/files/issues/7/questions.php?language=en

• sweethingsweething Member Posts: 15
    That was some good info was wounding about them my self. havnt played in a few mounths though moved and havnt got cable internet yet here dont have cable ran to the house its on the pole accross the street and looks liek it will cost some money to get it ran to my house lol but it will happen sometime :)